Moore's offense is about to shine

Flamma

Reaction score
Amen, brother! I can't stand this stupid shotgun throw it every down style we've been playing. Every coach from Pop Warner to the NFL knows more passing = more chances of something going wrong. We need to get back to smashmouth football to protect our horrible defense and quit with Moore trying to prove to the NFL what a genius he is.

Fantastic post my friend! Couldn't agree more.

Brax

Reaction score
It's all a conundrum. What do you root for on the team?
A good QB? A good D? A good ST?
All? That would be great.
I think the guy you despise is a good QB. Not great, but very few QB's are great.
I think the D does nothing to compensate.
I think the ST does nothing either.

Just changing the QB might do something, but it's not going to change the dynamic as a whole.

Shoot... I'll always root for a win though! I don't care who's at the helm!
W’s are all that matters stats are for losers.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
W’s are all that matters stats are for losers.
Thank you for your input.
I made a post for guys like you a couple hours ago.
You should search it.

cern

Reaction score
:rolleyes: You know what is meant in football terms by saying "threading the needle ". You know that it isn't literal. Aaron Rodgers threads the needle. Pat Mahomes threads the needle. Dak does not thread the needle. Dak steals YAC on a regular basis from receivers because they have to wait for the throw so often. To top it off he misses some of the easiest throws there are to be made. This teams can't run screens for **** because of how bad he is at that easy throw. Don't get me wrong, I think Dak is good enough to win a SB but he doesn't "thread the needle".
I don't think camels can pass thru the eye of needles, either. I know what the saying means.

HungryLion

Reaction score
The only thing holding the offense back has been turnovers.

Dalton isn’t going to “open up the passing game”.

If he can turn the ball over less than Dak was. It will help though.

cern

Reaction score
Perhaps.. I would say mental acuity is more of an ability than a "talent." When I think of talent I think of physical tools. I think that's the way most people see it. Reading the defense, anticipating coverages and routes and simply being able to remain calm under pressure are mental gifts. Jameis' issue really isn't that he lacks any of that.. His problem is judgement. He simply makes poor decisions as to what he should or should not try to do. Whether it be forcing the ball into coverage or trying to pitch it to a lineman while being tackled. He simply makes boneheaded decisions. I mean all QBs do from time to time but he does it more than any supremely physically talented QB I've ever seen.
Unfortunately, ronnie, pressure causes the glitch in some. Not everyone is cool under fire.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Unfortunately, ronnie, pressure causes the glitch in some. Not everyone is cool under fire.

You’re a physicist. So I am going to assume when you say glitch, it’s because we all live in a computer simulation and some people just aren’t programmed to be able to take the pressure.

;)

cern

Reaction score
You’re a physicist. So I am going to assume when you say glitch, it’s because we all live in a computer simulation and some people just aren’t programmed to be able to take the pressure.

;)
Actually it was a term used when i was active in task force 157. It referred to individuals who had a tendency to overthink things when involved in stressful situations. Such persons were better suited for administrative positions. Some qb's think quickly under pressure. If the best move is to throw the ball away, do it. Don't overthink it and get sacked.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
Dak has almost killed CeeDee a few times already this season so your statement that Dak throws behind on purpose doesn't hold true. Dak misses more easy throws in a game then I've ever seen. It's the difficult throws he is good at, but when a tight end or RB is in the flat all by himself it's sometimes comical how bad he is.

Dak is a good QB but he isn't a elite QB. That's why I don't think the QB drop off is gonna be as big as people think. Don't get me wrong, I think Dak is a better all around QB then Dalton. I just believe there are things that Dalton will be better at then Dak, and most of those things will have to do with his ability to throw.

Bolded portion, I agree with, hopefully that improves, which will help us move the ball consistently.

blueblood70

Reaction score
does that mean less Turnovers? I hope so,

I hope a lot of fans hanging this entire issue on poor defense which it has been bad i get it but truly there far too many other issues that have caused the 2-3 record and the fact we are leading in points..

lets start with 11 that eleven TURNOVER BY THE OFFENSE , ONLY OTHE RTEAM WITH THAT MANY ,ISTAKES IS PHILLY..OTHERS HAVE 9 BUT LETS LOOK AT TEAMS WITH LESS

Aaron rogers led Packers have zero, let that sink in, they say we cant expect perfect while that true 0 or 11 i imagine somewhere i the middle would be nice bet we are 3-2 with say 5/6

Titans undefeated well their offense has only 3 total turnovers this year yup thats not perfect but hey a lot less on an offense thats ball control plays good defense, maybe the defense is helped out by limiting TOs and running the ball owning TOP

lets go to team with a near equally as bad defense

Seatle giving up 27 points game and far more Yards then we are yet they are 5-0 how is that they arent plays good defense and not perfect offense , well they only have 4 that FOUR total Turnovers..we are at 11 TOs and 32ppg you think those 7 more TOs led to the points differential between us? It DOES..

see a pattern here,

add to it bonehead play calls by the ST, you know the early onslaught of going for fakes given this defense short field., a Muff KR by the ST leads to a Safety, a 4th and 16 punt gets called back do to penalty and the giants kick a FG that 3 points

how about not going for a FG to tie the rams game? coaching decsions , bad one IMO..

so lets start getting this team to lay smarter on offense, ST and from coaching aspect and im betting that defense maybe below avg but not historically bad, they were dealt bad hand , facts are above..

its why this is TEAM issue across the board to get us to 2-3 that chit ton of mistakes that made it hard on a weak defense..

starman22

Reaction score
What code is "weird QB of a Situation"?

The other part of your statement is not factual at all considering Prescott has more 4th QTR comebacks than any other 2016 drafted QB, and 15 game winning drives.

Sorry Mr.Charlie.

What part of math you don't understand that 68% completion (2020 Dak Prescott) is very high for a QB. Troy Aikman retired with 61% completion. Romo retired with 65%. Roger Staubach retired as the all the leading passer with 57%. Dak Prescott career completion is 66%.

You guys are comical. Troy Aikman got Michael Irvin a career ending injury leading him into crash. But I did not hear anyone saying Troy left Michael out to dry.

You guys are comical.

I You tubed this play because I honestly didn't think that it was even that violent of a collision. I remember the talk was that this could have happened at any time, it was a condition he was born with. Stenosis (sp) maybe. After watching the video again, it was absolutely not a big hit that caused this injury. He did not hang Irvin out to dry. IMO

Star

explayer24

Reaction score
lmao, #1 ranking, and only beat one team with a lucky onside kick. smh Red Rifle already won one with some great throws.
i hope dallas can win with dalton but the minute they lose a game its gonna be the defense at fault or oline not blocking mark my word

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
i hope dallas can win with dalton but the minute they lose a game its gonna be the defense at fault or oline not blocking mark my word

You will be surprised that the above will not happen as we are Cowboy fans, not Dalton-Trolls.
Dalton has his opportunity we hope he excels and we have found our new more productive(Wins) QB.
If Dalton fails we do what teams do when they need a Franchise QB....move up in the draft and go get one.
Dak is R.I.P. in Dallas for various reasons ranging from the cap to the FO doubt of him.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
I guess it wasn't shining when it was #1 in the league when Dak was the QB
It wasn't. NE, NYJ, BUFF, PHI, MIN, NO, GB, CHI. Any of those games where they even got over the 20 point make was a lot of second half garbage points.