Moore's offense is about to shine

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I rarely remember Romo letting the team go down 3 scores almost every game before he started producing any offense. Roy was a JJ trade no one asked for. He got blasted by the media for how bad that trade was.
He would keep up. So if they would lose it wasn't from prevent defenses the way you're framing it. You want it to be like Dak's situation where he has 3 pro bowlers @ WR and @ one @ RB but can't score until the 4th quarter.
Want some examples? Here you go.

2015 - Carolina - Fell down 30-6 in 3rd quarter before being injured
2014 - SF - Fell down 28-3 in 2nd quarter
2014 - Philly - Fell down 30-10 in 3rd quarter
2013 - NO - Fell down 35-10 in 3rd quarter
2013 - Chicago - Fell down 35-14 in 3rd quarter and 42-14 at beginning of 4th quarter
2012 - Chicago - Fell down 24-7 in 3rd quarter and 34-10 in 4th quarter
2012 - Commanders - Fell down 28-3 in 2nd quarter
2011- Philly - Fell down 24-0 in first half, increased to 34-0 in 4th quarter
2011 - NY Giants - Fell down 21-0 in first half.

We did fall behind with Romo. He didn't always keep up. We also didn't always fall behind with Romo but it's not like it's common with Dak either. It's a recent occurrence with probably the worst offensive line and defense we've ever had. Point is, the same things occurred with Romo that occur with Dak.

As for Roy Williams, I didn't like the trade either, but the fact is a trade was made which cost us a 1st and 3rd round draft pick and it was done to help the offense and we already had T.O. Not sure why it's a negative on Dak that Cooper was traded for and he didn't have a legit #1 WR at the time.

Last edited:

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Want some examples? Here you go.

2015 - Carolina - Fell down 30-6 in 3rd quarter before being injured
2014 - SF - Fell down 28-3 in 2nd quarter
2014 - Philly - Fell down 30-10 in 3rd quarter
2013 - NO - Fell down 35-10 in 3rd quarter
2013 - Chicago - Fell down 35-14 in 3rd quarter and 42-14 at beginning of 4th quarter
2012 - Chicago - Fell down 24-7 in 3rd quarter and 34-10 in 4th quarter
2012 - Commanders - Fell down 38-3 in 2nd quarter
2011- Philly - Fell down 24-0 in first half, increased to 34-0 in 4th quarter
2011 - NY Giants - Fell down 21-0 in first half.

We did fall behind with Romo. He didn't always keep up. We also didn't always fall behind with Romo but it's not like it's common with Dak either. It's a recent occurrence with probably the worst offensive line and defense we've ever had. Point is, the same things occurred with Romo that occur with Dak.

As for Roy Williams, I didn't like the trade either, but the fact is a trade was made which cost us a 1st and 3rd round draft pick and it was done to help the offense and we already had T.O. Not sure why it's a negative on Dak that Cooper was traded for and he didn't have a legit #1 WR at the time.
That's a lot of work to not give a like to. (props on the research tbh). That is spanning multiple seasons though. But you're point is true, we were down multiple scores under Romo in multiple games. He had opps to "stat pad" too, every QB does, so it is a bit unfair to "steal" Dak's yardage in that regard.

I think some of the backlash comes from, "Dak was on pace to break records" angle meaning he was doing great otherwise but this team looks far from it. Total chaos until the 4th is not a recipe for winning. So us older Romo guys, new coming around Dak guys get into the "now hold up now" when you go that route. Where were those yards before we went down all those points, etc.

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score
Drew got flabby?
I know his buds from high school as I went to Bowie HS when he went to Westlake.
We were semi-rivals.

I'm going to have to enquire.
I kind of remember getting curb stomped by Bowie several times back when I was at McCallum. Was Bowie South Austin? I don't think we ever played Westlake but our blowout losses all kind of blend together now in my memories. Most of our good players were lost due to the "no pass no play" rule they implemented at the time.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I kind of remember getting curb stomped by Bowie several times back when I was at McCallum. Was Bowie South Austin? I don't think we ever played Westlake but our blowout losses all kind of blend together now in my memories. Most of our good players were lost due to the "no pass no play" rule they implemented at the time.
Yup. South Austin.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Nice try, you had years to make that point about Romo and see it being applied to Dak so think, "why not I slip that in there?"
Yes, when Miles went down he started for a bit.
People caught on to how Dak built his yardage and now you want that to apply to Romo's career. Romo kept his team in games throughout. I rarely remember Romo letting the team go down 3 scores before producing any offense. Romo's issues were from making cowboy type throws that could lead to picks. Almost the complete opposite issue of Dak.

Roy was a JJ trade no one asked for. He got blasted by the media for how bad that trade was bc of his man crush on U of Texas Roy Williams. Tony surely didn't force it to him, and was replaced by Dez almost a season later.
Romo wouldn't let the team go down multiple scores every game, that's the difference bc he could keep up. Romo could score from anywhere on the field, Dak not so much.

LMAO!! You have a short memory..

Monday night against Buffalo Romo throws 5 picks two of which were returned for TDs.
Thanksgiving Day against the Ratscums 2012 - Romo throws two first half pics as the Cowboys go down 28-3 at the half.
Last game of the season against the Ratscums 2012 Romo throws two picks IN THE FIRST TEN MINUTES. Then to top it off he throws a lazy pass in the flat at the end of the game that you or I could have picked off.
Opening day against the 49ers 2014 - Romo throws three first half picks as the Cowboys again go down 28-3 at the half.

There are others but those four immediately jumped to mind when I read what you wrote. Romo had TON of games where he dug the hole with early turnovers and then fought like hell to bring the team back. We all tend to remember our heroes as being better than they were. The team made the playoffs 4 times with Romo at the helm. He was a good QB but he was not immune to stinking up the joint from time to time and his turnover issues were legendary up until his last 2-3 years.

As for the statement that Romo "rarely let the team go down three scores.." Just out of curiosity I looked up the number of times Romo was held to 10 points or less in his career. I counted 13 times.. That's basically one out of every 11 starts or so. Dak has 9 such games so about 1 out over every 8 starts. Ironically both guys won two of those games. Go figure.

Then I looked at losses of more than two scores.. 10 or more points..

For Romo it was 18 of 156 or about one out of every 8 or 9 games.
For Dak it has been 8 of 69 also between 8 or 9.

Neither guy gets blown out a lot nor held down scoring a lot.
We as Cowboys fans should be thankful for that.

kskboys

Reaction score
That's a lot of work to not give a like to. (props on the research tbh). That is spanning multiple seasons though. But you're point is true, we were down multiple scores under Romo in multiple games. He had opps to "stat pad" too, every QB does, so it is a bit unfair to "steal" Dak's yardage in that regard.

I think some of the backlash comes from, "Dak was on pace to break records" angle meaning he was doing great otherwise but this team looks far from it. Total chaos until the 4th is not a recipe for winning. So us older Romo guys, new coming around Dak guys get into the "now hold up now" when you go that route. Where were those yards before we went down all those points, etc.
All QB's have times where they don't produce, no exceptions. Mahomes just got done stinking up the joint in the super bowl for 3 1/2 qtrs. Brady sucked majorly in the 13-3 super bowl win over the Rams.

That's why you need a DEFENSE. Someone please get that memo to Jerry.

RonnieT24

Reaction score

It's okay to hold Dak and Co. accountable for the deficits.. but it's not fair to blame Dak for Zeke or Schultz's fumbles or Pollard's brain fart on the goal line. There is an undertone here that all the points off turnovers have been Dak's doing. Hell Dalton already has one to his credit. Also I think "total chaos until the 4th" is a huge oversell.

So far this season the halftime scores have been

1 - 14-13 Dallas
2 - 29 -10 ATL
3 - 23-15 Seattle
4 - 31-14 Cleveland
5 - 24-20 Dallas

So the Cowboys have led at half twice and been down big twice. They are averaging 15.4 points a game in the first half. That's a sight short of "chaos." Yes we know the turnovers have led to too many points for the other team.. but it's not like the offense has not been putting up points too. They've just been giving away some as well. Lord knows we all want that to stop no matter who is at QB.

Last edited:

jnday

Reaction score
LMAO.. So the offense is going to go from #1 to ?.........

You people are amazing.. It's really going to be fun watching yall contort yourselves if the offense STOPS scoring 33 ppg and 488 yards a game with Dalton at the helm. That's where the bar is set.. If it doesn't hit those marks with Dalton can we all agree that the offense will not be as good? I'm not holding my breath for it to happen nor for idiots who hate Dak to fess up when it doesn't. But I will be laughing at yall. Count on it. Make no mistake.. I want the Cowboys to win.. and I don't really care what kind of numbers Dalton puts up if they do. If yall are too caught in your feelings to admit that no matter what Dalton does this team will continue to look like crap if the defense doesn't step up maybe therapy can help yall.
Dalton’s stats don’t matter if he can win games. We all saw just how little Dak’s stats and records translated to wins.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Remember last off season we heard great things about how Moore's offense was producing "wide open" receivers?

His "true" offense was made just to do that. It creates coverage challenges. Now, it may not be for every QB though. We now have the QB for such an offense.

I think between Red Rifle and Moore's offense, you will see a resurrection of Red's career. Enough to net him a $20 million dollar contract in 2021.

The offense was already leading the league in total yards and passing yards...

The problem on offense has been turnovers and Dalton has had problems with INTs in his career.

Based on stats the expectation is about 1 INT per game from him.

Dalton had 14 in 13 games last season and 11 in 11 games the previous season.

The team will likely play better overall as the season progresses because of the new coaching staff in the Covid off-season with no preseason but they're not going to get better because Dalton replaced Dak.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Dalton’s stats don’t matter if he can win games. We all saw just how little Dak’s stats and records translated to wins.
If it wasn't for all of those "useless stats" we would have gotten our backsides kicked even worse. If you have the worst defense in the NFL that allows opposing teams to get ahead 2-3 scores you have to have a QB who throws 40-50 times a game just to even keep it close.
That's the issue with Dalton. He doesn't have the skillset to overcome that. Not week to week.

Flamma

Reaction score

You people are amazing.. It's really going to be fun watching yall contort yourselves if the offense STOPS scoring 33 ppg and 488 yards a game with Dalton at the helm. That's where the bar is set.. If it doesn't hit those marks with Dalton can we all agree that the offense will not be as good? I'm not holding my breath for it to happen nor for idiots who hate Dak to fess up when it doesn't. But I will be laughing at yall. Count on it. Make no mistake.. I want the Cowboys to win.. and I don't really care what kind of numbers Dalton puts up if they do. If yall are too caught in your feelings to admit that no matter what Dalton does this team will continue to look like crap if the defense doesn't step up maybe therapy can help yall.

If the offense becomes more run heavy we're not going to see those kinds of yards. Doesn't mean it's a worse offense, in fact, a more balanced offense is better. Besides, i don't think Dalton can put up those numbers if he was forced into that situation. So the run game better produce.

Last edited:

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dalton can throw 5 interceptions or have 600 yards passing all I want in the end is......

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
The Dalton hype train is building up wonder if he'll live up to expectations.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score

IMO the more that people hype up Dalton, the harder it's going to be to rise to met the expectations that some have set for him. And since some are hyping him up to be better than Dak it's a matter of time to see if he gets as criticized as much as Dak for making mistakes, committing turnovers and losing games. Some are already coming up with excuses for why they won't be as hard on Dalton as they are on Dak, even though they are saying that Dalton is the better out of the two QBs.

kevm3

Reaction score

How is Dalton going to win games? Does he play defense?

starman22

Reaction score
What code is "weird QB of a Situation"?

The other part of your statement is not factual at all considering Prescott has more 4th QTR comebacks than any other 2016 drafted QB, and 15 game winning drives.

Sorry Mr.Charlie.

What part of math you don't understand that 68% completion (2020 Dak Prescott) is very high for a QB. Troy Aikman retired with 61% completion. Romo retired with 65%. Roger Staubach retired as the all the leading passer with 57%. Dak Prescott career completion is 66%.

You guys are comical. Troy Aikman got Michael Irvin a career ending injury leading him into crash. But I did not hear anyone saying Troy left Michael out to dry.

You guys are comical.

One thing that sticks out here to me is that the completion percentage goes up the closer we get to the present day. It's almost like it is easier to complete a pass the more rules they put in place to favor the offense.

Crazy, huh!:huh:

GMO415

Reaction score
AD will be better at throwing the deep ball but he doesn't have the arm strength as dak. Can he hold up under pressure though in these long developing plays on offense.
He's got the same te core as Dak so I'm guessing every game is gonna be a struggle to win js
We can put up the same scores roughly.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
One thing that sticks out here to me is that the completion percentage goes up the closer we get to the present day. It's almost like it is easier to complete a pass the more rules they put in place to favor the offense.

Crazy, huh!:huh:

There can be no denying that.. which is all the more troubling that Dalton's percentages have been on the decline since 2016. I guess we can attribute that to Green and Eifert being banged up over the last few years but some analysts have suggested that Dalton started just heaving the ball out of bounds or throwing it into the ground so as not to get the crap beat out of him over those last 3+ years. I didn't watch a whole bunch of Cincy games so I have no idea the extent to which that's true but I gotta believe he's gonna want to shine before what amounts to his hometown fans as well as knowing that his future earnings are riding on it. So here's hoping he has regained his courage.. he's gonna need it with two UDFAs at tackle.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
If the offense becomes more run heavy we're not going to see those kinds of yards. Doesn't mean it's a worse offense, in fact, a more balanced offense is better. Besides, i don't think Dalton can put up those numbers if he was forced into that situation. So the run game better produce.

Amen, brother! I can't stand this stupid shotgun throw it every down style we've been playing. Every coach from Pop Warner to the NFL knows more passing = more chances of something going wrong. We need to get back to smashmouth football to protect our horrible defense and quit with Moore trying to prove to the NFL what a genius he is.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I have a home in highland park, fromph boy. Dining etiquette was actually taught at the naval academy. Can't have poor table manners dining with the admiral. I'm glad the outdoors frightens you. There's already enough pollutants to deal with. Hug that bunny. But don't squeeze too tightly.
Dear Yosemite Sam:
Love the outdoors, govnor.
Blimey, I could teach you a thing or two about nature, table manners and, most important, humility.
Ask the admiral, as he daintly sips his coffee, why the military hasn't won a war since 1945.