Moore's Offense Looking Good

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Same here. But it seems like some folks want to tell themselves that any good news is irrelevant and doesn't matter, only the bad news does. I understand this is the time for unbridled optimism everywhere, but good news should never be totally disregarded.
Agreed home-slice!

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
How comical would it be if he devised a smooth unpredictable scheme in just a few months that the "it's a process" guys couldn't come up with in nearly a decade.

Corso

Reaction score
I hope it true also. I like Dak. I just hope he can improve on some things.
Everyone should. If he can take that next step and be a more consistent passer... He's a great package to have at QB.
IF! Big if...
We'll see. The O was in a TD drought in camp and it showed in the season.
Now I read TD's all over the place. Let's hope that translates also.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How comical would it be if he devised a smooth unpredictable scheme in just a few months that the "process" guys couldn't come up with in nearly a decade.

"Comical"? Yes. "Surprising"? Not at all.

I think the staleness and lack of creativity shown by Garrett and Linehan have been criminal. I think the only thing that saved them at all was the experience and savvy of Tony Romo, and him changing plays on the field. When that wasn't happening and when Romo was injured, the backups came in and ran the plays that were called, and the results were abysmal. And I think this offense has succeeded based on the sheer player talent they have assembled, and in spite of the tired, vanilla playcalling. If Moore can just be competent, I think that the talent exists for this offense to explode, and rank among the league's best.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
They’ve may have been open on every play but the bigger question is did Dak hit them in the hands with the pass. In other words did he complete the pass. You can be open all day but it doesn’t matter if the qb can’t get you the ball. Hope Dak improves on that this off season.
Yes, he's been more accurate. Broaddus says that the inaccurate wobbly screwballs are gone, that now his accuracy is within 6 inches left or right. Kitna has been all about the proper footwork and platforms and that appears to be paying off. Broaddus also thinks that Dak being trimmer this year may have helped.

Corso

Reaction score
Yes, he's been more accurate. Broaddus says that the inaccurate wobbly screwballs are gone, that now his accuracy is within 6 inches left or right. Kitna has been all about the proper footwork and platforms and that appears to be paying off. Broaddus also thinks that Dak being trimmer this year may have helped.
Great stuff. Thank you!

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Granted it's the OTAs, but The Break crew was pleasantly surprised that a WR, TE, or RB was wide open "free" on every snap.

Now, no Tank rushing Dak can make a huge difference, but our new offense is now looking dangerous ...

Any offense is dangerous in non pads and no hitting. Come back with this in training camp when it matters.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
The O wasn't looking too dangerous this time last year though. Remember?
I'll take notes of progress over remaining stagnation.

I remember Linehan was the offense, which wasn' exactly a confidence builder.

Techsass

Reaction score
It isn't even training camp yet. If you can't be optimistic in June, you must have a chip on your shoulder. I have pretty high expectations for 2019, despite the myriad questions I also have right now.

stiletto

Reaction score
At least it is something and I certainly don't discount it after years of ho-hum Garrett/Linnehan offenses. We all basically knew every play coming. At least that might go away a little and I'm definitely more interested already.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
The preseason hype is always nice to hear but with no tackling being a reality, offenses always look better than they do otherwise. I'm inclined, at this early stage, to take the hyperbole with a grain of salt and await the performances when things are for real. The preseason games really can't get here soon enough for reality to show its face. We should know a bit more by then. Here's hoping the good news continues when that occurs.

Last edited:

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Same here. But it seems like some folks want to tell themselves that any good news is irrelevant and doesn't matter, only the bad news does. I understand this is the time for unbridled optimism everywhere, but good news should never be totally disregarded.

I just don't see this as "news" at all. But it's a slow time of year, where "news" is often either injuries or arrests, so no news is good news. :thumbup:

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They’ve may have been open on every play but the bigger question is did Dak hit them in the hands with the pass. In other words did he complete the pass. You can be open all day but it doesn’t matter if the qb can’t get you the ball. Hope Dak improves on that this off season.

There is an article out there that say they are connecting on long passes, and quite successfully.
How ever you must go to that place and read it, as it can not be posted on here nor the link.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's very early to be saying that the new offense looks dangerous. I'll temper my expectations until Week 1, because you know they will show very little in pre-season games. Until the bullets are flying for real, nobody can say for sure what this offense will or won't be.

I always find these statement a bit funny, as we all know we need to wait and see. We do not need to be reminded.
But in the mean time it is still good news. As gives us something to look forward to in TC. Then in TC and PS vanilla looks it still gives us something to look forward to game one.
If you want to temper your expectations then why even read or listen to any reports or look on here or comment on it.

Corso

Reaction score
OTAs are about unknowns & rookies kicking butt.
Yeah... but Dak being more decisive than previous OTA's? More accurate?
He was known as a gamer, as in he looked crap in practice and grew hair on his nether regions when the lights came on.
Now he's throwing strikes in practice? The O is getting TD's when they couldn't last year?

I shall take this and grin. Hopefully it all translates.