Moore's Offense Looking Good

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Granted it's the OTAs, but The Break crew was pleasantly surprised that a WR, TE, or RB was wide open "free" on every snap.

Now, no Tank rushing Dak can make a huge difference, but our new offense is now looking dangerous ...
looking dangerous....lol....this is funny..... dangerous???? bahahahahahahhahahahahaah

GMO415

Reaction score
I hope to see the success that McVay has had but I also know it will be in the confines of the personnel and playing to their strength
Maybe with the exception of TE our offense is talent rich.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Maybe with the exception of TE our offense is talent rich.

I think TE situation should be interesting. I for one like having Witten back and think he will help but more important I think having Jarwin with the playing time he saw last year and how he came on stronger in the 2nd half of the season. Looking to see if Jarwin can pick up where he left off and show more consistency

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
They’ve may have been open on every play but the bigger question is did Dak hit them in the hands with the pass. In other words did he complete the pass. You can be open all day but it doesn’t matter if the qb can’t get you the ball. Hope Dak improves on that this off season.
If they were open on every play, then we're doomed...where was the pass rush? And, our DB's must be trash!!!Obviously, the defense sucks and we're going nowhere this year (sarcasm/off). :)

glimmerman

Reaction score
Granted it's the OTAs, but The Break crew was pleasantly surprised that a WR, TE, or RB was wide open "free" on every snap.

Now, no Tank rushing Dak can make a huge difference, but our new offense is now looking dangerous ...
That or our Defense is looking real bad.

ESisback

Reaction score
It's very early to be saying that the new offense looks dangerous. I'll temper my expectations until Week 1, because you know they will show very little in pre-season games. .Until the bullets are flying for real, nobody can say for sure what this offense will or won't be.[/ if we QUOTE]

My reply:
Not only that, but an injury can derail everything. People have a tendency to overreact, good OR bad. If we strut too much too soon about “being dangerous”, the naysayers will be SO much louder if we fall short, details be damned. We could have the best offense ever seen, but if Dak breaks his leg on a dirty hit/freak play, and we don’t win the Super Bowl, the circumstances won’t matter. It’ll be epic, over the top, smirky “I-Told-You-So’s” from every Shannon Sharpe-SAS wannabe there is. A veritable Moron’s Holiday that we’ll have to endure daily until Fall 2020.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
ahhh, let the OP have his delight in the offense. who knows, if KM is doing what the other coaches were doing, changing the cultre and getting down to fundamentals, es it will be dagerous

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Not to rain on anybody's parade, but this is the time of year when every player or squad being discussed looks good. Everybody is a game changer right now.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Relative to the garbage that Linehan and Garrett ran - anything looks good. Need to see how this looks week 9.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I think individual performances like Reggie Davis are things that may change when the pads are on. But stuff about the new offense and getting a guy open on every play and Dak's performance can be compared to past OTA's. These are all improvements from those past OTA's and are great signs.

The defense isn't game-planning against what the offense is doing, though. The good news is that this indicates that the offense is making some kind of changes. The test of time will be what the offense does when defenses adjust to those changes. Is Moore going to be able to counter the defensive moves each week.

The problem with Garrett's offensive philosophy/Linehan's offense is that it pretty much was the same every week. There wasn't a lot of game-specific scheming to avoid a defensive strength or attack a weakness. It was here's what we do, we want to execute it the best we can and you have to stop it. You have to have some of that as a base, but the variations off that base based on the defense you are facing is what continues to get those players open.

Right now, this isn't much different than 2016 to me. We had a rookie QB and RB added to the offense and made some adjustments because of it (particularly throwing the ball underneath to Beasley in one-on-one coverage) that defenses didn't figure out how to counter until near the end of the season. What they figured out was that Dak wasn't comfortable throwing to Dez in tight coverage and Williams couldn't consistently beat one-on-one coverage, so they could leave them in a lot of man situations and use the extra coverage to bracket Beasley and Witten since neither were downfield threats. That changed killed our offensive plan and ultimately led to both Dez and Linehan being fired.

Whatever Moore installs will be figured out by defenses either quickly or slowly., which is when we will see how good of a coordinator he will be.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
I remember around this time last year the info coming out was the lack of TD's from the offense and Dak.
I'd much rather hear/read stuff like this!
Well the way it goes around here is there are positive reports coming from OTA's or training camp, you need to temper your expectations. If there are bad reports than the sky is falling

IrishAnto

Reaction score
The beauty of Moore's offense.....is he'll show s formation but it will have a variety of options. So in a sense, the defense will have to line up to challenge it....lets say play A but unbeknownst to them play E's on board.

I think this is why guys are finally running "free".
Seeing as Moore’s never been an OC in his life, I’m wondering how you know this exactly?