More accolades for Terrence Williams

jrumann59

Reaction score
The thing about his hands is he's always caught like that. High school, collier, and NFL. When he was drafted we all talked about it here. It's never been a huge problem. I can't remember him dropping many passes. His only problems have been that he disappears. After the interview last week. We all know we weren't wrong in thinking that. If he can change those things, he will be a great number 2, for a while. I don't think he has the X factor (no pun intended) to be a number one, anywhere.

That is the trust issue with Romo, Romo knows he has to get it "close" to TWill because he has such a small radius, can't trust to lead him or trail him or up high.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
That is the trust issue with Romo, Romo knows he has to get it "close" to TWill because he has such a small radius, can't trust to lead him or trail him or up high.

There's only one Zipcode receiver on the team...

jrumann59

Reaction score
There's only one Zipcode receiver on the team...

I disagree, Witten is hell of a technician so he gets good separation and he can catch anything lead out in front or behind. If TWill could get to 40% of what Witten could do he would be one hell of a threat.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This 'debate' about Terrence Williams' value is one of those weird topics I don't understand how it exists. It seems pretty self evident that there's not much to criticize about this young player, but some people really don't seem to like him for reasons that baffle me.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
I disagree, Witten is hell of a technician so he gets good separation and he can catch anything lead out in front or behind. If TWill could get to 40% of what Witten could do he would be one hell of a threat.

You don't know the true definition of being a "Zipcode" receiver.. Witten can't out jump and out play a db on an air ball.

Witten rarely gets double teamed unless a tell was given that the ball is going to him immediately such as a 3rd and 7 situation, his true bread and butter play...

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
Great news when the two most important voices in the offense both point out how much he's improved.

Fredd

Reaction score
This 'debate' about Terrence Williams' value is one of those weird topics I don't understand how it exists. It seems pretty self evident that there's not much to criticize about this young player, but some people really don't seem to like him for reasons that baffle me.

They dislike, because they can....much like disliking Escobar despite it not being his fault they don't look his way...

...to me, TW is the Alvin Harper of the team...just when you pay too much attention to Irvin or Novacek, Harper burns you

Proximo

Reaction score

TW has somehow, strangely assumed the role of CZ whipping boy this offseason. I'm certainly not claiming the guy is all-world or anything (and I don't think even his biggest supporters are either), but all of these "I'll be glad when he's gone" sentiments are bizarre.

He's a young player, who fills a secondary role in an offense that has SEVERAL primary weapons. Can we give him a chance to grow a little?

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

It's the off season where everyone that isn't a pro bowler gets ripped at some point. It was just TWill's turn.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score

:facepalm: I'm sure that's exactly what went thru Tony's mind on that 3rd and 20 in Seattle, or when Watt looked the fool before Tony bombed it the endzone. How about 83 taking to the to the house at Lambeau?

So glad we know how Tony feels about Williams.

waving monkey

Reaction score
TWilliams appears to be a good receiver to me not great so the 'good riddance', post seems way harsh. To me.

Frozen700

Reaction score
You know it's a Terrance Williams thread when @Frozen700 makes an appearance. Definitely TWill's biggest fan! ;)

W0iArjA.png

Frozen700

Reaction score
Im with you there. This guy isnt a good Terry Glenn. And the Cowboys had a good Terry Glenn and still enamored with a average 2nd. Shows you how steeped in average we been and the fans just accepting that.

Exactly my brother

oBhebxW.png

Frozen700

Reaction score
To a lot of people.

Yeah, that's what happens when you have a bunch of fans who love mediocre, and wear rose colored glasses.

The one's quick to post a very good article on T-Will, but quick to run and hide like cowards when HE, HIMSELF comes out and says negative things about himself. Shows you the mindset of this forum(Except for a select few). Everyone just wants to hear positive news, and ignore the negative. As long as you wear the star, guys like OP will love you.

Cowboys could announce Lance Frazier and Derek Ross were coming back to start for the cowboys, and people like the OP would jump for joy, and try to convince others why it's a good move.

Section446

Reaction score
I'll hold off getting excited until I see it in the regular season, guy disappears for weeks at a time too much.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I honestly believe T-Will has the desirable type of mindset that will allow him to continue to develop as need be and steadily become better each year than the on-again-off-again performer that we've gotten accustomed to. It's rare to see an NFL player subject himself to the objective kind of scrutiny that he has recently embraced. Be confident it bodes well for him to assume such a contrite and willing attitude to carry with him into the future. I bet he'll improve.

Last edited:

Bluefin

Reaction score
link

--------------------

@toddarcher romo said T Williams has taken a step forward this off season in your opinion will this translate to bigger #s #cowboysmail - patrick mcgrade (@patrickmcgrade) June 12, 2015

@toddarcher: Are you thinking 60 catches? Then I would say no. More than the 37 he had last year? Yes. Terrance Williams' stats might not correlate to how well he's playing. They might correlate more to who he plays with. We know Dez Bryant will be in the 80- to 90-catch range. We know Jason Witten will be in the 60- to 70-catch range. I think we know Cole Beasley will be in that 40- to 50 catch range. The running backs might not catch 57 passes as a group to make up for DeMarco Murray's absence, so that could be where more production from Williams comes into play. I think Williams could move into that 50-catch range and that's less than a catch more a game than he had last year. It's just hard to put mega numbers up as a receiver with Bryant and Witten on the field, too.

--------------------

Even if Terrance Williams has improved, will it result in increased receptions?

If healthy, Dez Bryant will again be in the 90 catch range, Jason Witten should be good for 50+, the backs should combine to account for 50+ and Cole Beasley (50+) may push Witten for second place.

Gavin Escobar and Devin Street will get a few crumbs, too.

I believe Beasley is the more likely candidate to see a big jump in receptions.

waving monkey

Reaction score
Yeah, that's what happens when you have a bunch of fans who love mediocre, and wear rose colored glasses.

The one's quick to post a very good article on T-Will, but quick to run and hide like cowards when HE, HIMSELF comes out and says negative things about himself. Shows you the mindset of this forum(Except for a select few). Everyone just wants to hear positive news, and ignore the negative. As long as you wear the star, guys like OP will love you.

Cowboys could announce Lance Frazier and Derek Ross were coming back to start for the cowboys, and people like the OP would jump for joy, and try to convince others why it's a good move.

Lets go look at all the 2nd WR's on Championship teams and see how great the divide. Thats division Conference and SB champs.
Terry Glen was acquired in a trade for low round pick I believe and he was a good one. How about our other 2nd WR's?