More aggressive offense next year

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
Are you smoking? Romo has had the burden of being the focal point of this offense since he got the gig and in every one of those seasons but 1 hes avg 30+ attempts in starts. Guess how many playoff wins he had in those 30+ avg seasons? 1! Now the one season he didn't avg 30 (avg 29), we go 12-4 and another playoff win without him being the focal point. Take pride in the fact that he threw it 31 times in a ref assisted playoff win. All of those QBS you named are Super Bowl winning QBs while passing over 30+ times a game, comparing Romo to proven winners is just as useless as your initial take. You're running your own argument in the ground.

Another embarrassing post from 50 pennies, the fake Cowboy fan Romo hater. Same old drivel.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Are you smoking? Romo has had the burden of being the focal point of this offense since he got the gig and in every one of those seasons but 1 hes avg 30+ attempts in starts. Guess how many playoff wins he had in those 30+ avg seasons? 1! Now the one season he didn't avg 30 (avg 29), we go 12-4 and another playoff win without him being the focal point. Take pride in the fact that he threw it 31 times in a ref assisted playoff win. All of those QBS you named are Super Bowl winning QBs while passing over 30+ times a game, comparing Romo to proven winners is just as useless as your initial take. You're running your own argument in the ground.

Tony Romo

2009 season
34 attempts per game
1 playoff win

2014 season
29 attempts per game
1 playoff win

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
Tony Romo

2009 season
34 attempts per game
1 playoff win

2014 season
29 attempts per game
1 playoff win

You forgot:
Career:
34 attempts per game
97.6 passer rating (2nd in NFL history)

Conclusion:
Fans with IQs higher than their shoe size usually conclude that the Cowboys will be just fine with Tony Romo throwing a few more passes a game, and that past failures usually fall at the feet of historically awful defenses and coaching, not pass attempts.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
Take pride in the fact that he threw it 31 times in a ref assisted playoff win.
I can't make you understand the significance of any of the data I posted. As for that playoff win, the team got more assistance from Romo than from the officials and the running game combined. But your last post does help me see where you're coming from now.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
What is the league average for pass attempts per game? Then....

What is the completion%?
What is the INT%?
What is the YPA? A/YPA?
What is the TD%
What is the RZ%
SC%
QBR
Avg Field postion

Now contrast that with a few stats for D:

PPG
SC%
RZ%
Rush attempts and YPA?
Completion% andYPA

Why did Dallas go from 8-8, 8-8, 8-8 to 12-4 when Romo was basically the same guy?

Why is it so hard to understand there are 53 players on each TEAM for good reason?

If the above is a road block to your agenda then.....

khiladi

Reaction score
Last year we were ranked 7th in yards and 5th in points. We did this with the 2nd to last pass attempts in the league....

While I'm not saying we should forsake the run, but we can certainly become more dynamic with the pieces we have around us. We can better incorporate players like Beasley and Escobar for instance.

I'm a strong believer that the success of our running game was due mainly to our investments in the offensive line. I was not at all upset to see Murray leave. I also don't think we should break the bank for Dez. A lot of people got angry with someone who posted the idea of trading Dez, but in doing so they revealed that they don't understand cost-benefit ratios or relative risk.

I'm not upset that we didn't re-sign many of the players we lost in free agency. I am however not pleased that we didn't go after certain players that were affordable for what they would have given us. The onus is really going to be on the front office and Marinelli to produce a stellar defense next year, a defense that doesn't rely on us running the ball the entire game to keep them off the field. One that will allow us to be aggressive on offense and force teams to take undue risks to keep up. Hopefully we can do that with Hardy, but the major concern with him right now is simply that our offense won't be good enough to win games if our defense can't be suitable without him. A poor start could really hamper what should have been an easy regular season for us and a pretty easy road to the NFC Championship game.

I really hope that the front office isn't putting too much confidence in these coaches or their drafting abilities.

How we going to be aggressive without Dez? Our OL was better, but at the same time, part of it had to do with the fact that Dez forces teams to play deep. Without Dez, we've lost our vertical threat. No way can any of the guys next to him beat double-teams.

khiladi

Reaction score
Who are the Patriots' wide receivers? What about the Seahawks last year?

The Cowboys FO made a pretty poor decision in franchising Dez.

You either franchise him and trade him or you sign him long term and over pay him if you have to.

They should have used the franchise tag on Murray and traded him out of the NFC like the Eagles did. They could have at least gotten a player or a pick(s) for it, which would have made up for paying Dez a bit more than they wanted to.

Patriots have an offense that relies heavily on short-passing game. We don't. They also have a TE that can stretch the field in Gronl. We have one that attacks vertically.. Unless we are changing the offense, I don't see this as being valid.

50cent

Reaction score
I can't make you understand the significance of any of the data I posted. As for that playoff win, the team got more assistance from Romo than from the officials and the running game combined. But your last post does help me see where you're coming from now.

This should have helped you see from the jump and stopped your irrelevant stats. I clearly stated my position.

Me:
"I've also said, that Romo is a chip caliber QB if he is in the 27-30 passes/GM range. Anything over that is playing with fire. Romo is not built to win solely with his arm, but can make the key throws if asked to do less and win more consistently. I don't mind Romo throwing, but a run first game plan with him at the helm is the best gameplan."

50cent

Reaction score
After 30 attempts, Brady, Brees, Manning, and Romo all drop 8-11 points in passer rating.

Passes rating? Are you serious again? Do you think I give a damn about his passers rating as it compares to SB winning QBs? Well, I don't and you don't seem to grasp that. I only give a damn about winning. And while theirs goes down, their playoff and SB wins increase. Talk to me when he's won a chip like them, until then stop the dumb *** comparisons boss. They don't hold weight. Mentioning Romo in the same breathe as SB QBs is asinine. You keep changing your points only to validate more passes from Romo. Not a good idea. If you want to throw it deep more within the confines of Romo rarely exceeding 30 throws, fine! But again anything over 30 is playing with fire, because his resume shows he can't win when his arm is th e focal point of this offense. Goto the store with your passes rating comparisons. You're getting comical now.

50cent

Reaction score
You forgot:
Career:
34 attempts per game
97.6 passer rating (2nd in NFL history)

Conclusion:
Fans with IQs higher than their shoe size usually conclude that the Cowboys will be just fine with Tony Romo throwing a few more passes a game, and that past failures usually fall at the feet of historically awful defenses and coaching, not pass attempts.

What you forgot:
Tony Romo Career in starts
Pass att between 20-30: 37 win - 9 losses
Pass att 31 or more: 38 wins - 36 losses

And the fact that he hasn't played with historically bad defenses every year. Get past 2013

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
What you forgot:
Tony Romo Career in starts
Pass att between 20-30: 37 win - 9 losses
Pass att 31 or more: 38 wins - 36 losses

And the fact that he hasn't played with historically bad defenses every year. Get past 2013

What you forgot (or likely never knew) is that wins is not a quarterback stat. And surely even you can explain why teams pass more in games they are behind in. Or maybe you can't... with 50 pennies you never know.

50cent

Reaction score
What you forgot (or likely never knew) is that wins is not a quarterback stat. And surely even you can explain why teams pass more in games they are behind in. Or maybe you can't... with 50 pennies you never know.
another simpleton answer, since I've already dispelled your trailing Theory! Especially during during the 2013 season you're so hung up on. We learned put lesson from that and there's no going backwards. Hang on to your hope of airing it out again. It's not happening and for good reason. You have Romo to thank for that. I have Linehan to thank for recognizing his short comings #38-36

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
another simpleton answer, since I've already dispelled your trailing Theory! Especially during during the 2013 season you're so hung up on. We learned put lesson from that and there's no going backwards. Hang on to your hope of airing it out again. It's not happening and for good reason. You have Romo to thank for that. I have Linehan to thank for recognizing his short comings #38-36

I want us to do literally the opposite of whatever you think is good football strategy... regardless of what that may be.