Video: More details on Cowboys DE Sam Williams car crash

CWR

Reaction score

Normally I would just post this in the existing thread but since it provides several missing pieces of information I thought it was best to start a new thread for it.

Damn that was a nice Corvette too. I love the newer body styles. Pretty sure they are still fiberglass as well, so I'm glad he's ok. Probably not the safest cars in the world.

CWR

Reaction score
I'm glad everyone's ok. We've seen enough horror stories already. But dude, watch your money. He hasn't received a 2nd contract yet. You want to blow all of your money and work the rest of your life if things go south?

Remember Alf Morris still drove around in his old Honda? Lol that dude was an individual. He didn't care about the bling. I think it was his wife or gf that tried to get him to buy a new car, and he said why, this car runs fine.

A new vette isn't terrible on his contract. Hopefully it's one of his only splurges. Too many pro athletes end up broke.

Cebrin

Reaction score
I'm glad everyone's ok. We've seen enough horror stories already. But dude, watch your money. He hasn't received a 2nd contract yet. You want to blow all of your money and work the rest of your life if things go south?

Hope Jerry sends him a tank soon. Or just have D Law walk him wherever he needs to go.

Flamma

Reaction score
Remember Alf Morris still drove around in his old Honda? Lol that dude was an individual. He didn't care about the bling. I think it was his wife or gf that tried to get him to buy a new car, and he said why, this car runs fine.

A new vette isn't terrible on his contract. Hopefully it's one of his only splurges. Too many pro athletes end up broke.

I absolutely remember that. The dude was smart. Your goal, if possible, is to never have a boss again. Spending 200k on a corvette is a bit much. Sam Williams take home money after taxes and stuff is going to be around 3M. That's not setting you up for life. But if everything goes south, that can keep you from working a day in your life. You won't be rich, but you never have to work again, and you can live an upper middle class life. For the rest of your life. Why jeopardize that?

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I absolutely remember that. The dude was smart. Your goal, if possible, is to never have a boss again. Spending 200k on a corvette is a bit much. Sam Williams take home money after taxes and stuff is going to be around 3M. That's not setting you up for life. But if everything goes south, that can keep you from working a day in your life. You won't be rich, but you never have to work again, and you can live an upper middle class life. For the rest of your life. Why jeopardize that?
Corvettes don’t run $200K.

Macnalty

Reaction score
Just to set the record straight, Al Morris had his Mazda, not a Honda. The parking lot of cowboys/rangers practice is stable for supercars, as always has been. The NFL has done a disservice to most players by not having some sort of money management 101 for them. The real world awaits them much more quickly than they realize. the Emitt Smiths and Roger Staubachs are outliers. my two cents

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
They should be. You're paying between 100k-200k for them at the minimum for a nice one. Some are a lot more.
Highway robbery. Today's fast sports cars go faster but have fiberglass bodies. If anything, let's hope the main frames (chassis) are stronger.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Are you kidding me? About 5 years ago I did a build your own on the Chevy site. With a few options I was over 100k. That was back in 2015. Scroll down and look https://i.postimg.cc/fW0FSX9R/0-B3-E3-C18-33-E4-4024-A4-**-CF0617-D5-C37-B.png at the price my man. With tax it's approaching 200k.

Corvette Z06 for Sale: 2023 Corvette Z06 Pricing | Chevrolet

Is $110K supposed to be the new $200K?

02-D45680-2-D8-E-4-C4-D-B009-CEA18520-CE4-B.jpg

rags747

Reaction score
Williams model Vette is not a Z06. That being said his Vette starts around $70 but with the car being in such high demand dealers are marking them up bigtime. He’s most likely in the $100k range. Probably a lease so maybe $1.5k per month which is not killer for his salary.

QuikZ06

Reaction score
C8’s have come down a lot. You can find C8’s for under 100k now all day. A Z06 is ridiculous right now because their aren’t many out so people are overpaying for them. That wasn’t a Z, so probably high $90k to low 100k.