More McCarthy Mismanagement?

basel90

Reaction score
Besides the clock issues , I don’t see him getting in any player face when they make stupid mistakes and silly penalties . He is too timid and the players may not feel he is in charge . He needs to get vocal

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Nantz raised this during the game and it caught my eye too, but a Pats beat writer summarized it well:

“Mysteriously bad clock management by Dallas at the end of the first half. With the clock ticking down, the Cowboys used their final timeout just before Mac Jones knelt on third down. Had they waited till he knelt and then called timeout, they'd have forced New England, deep in their own end and without any timeouts of their own, to punt. Instead, the Patriots went into halftime with a 14-10 lead. The Cowboys cost themselves a chance at one last possession by doing this.”

I’ve never seen a coach consistently look more flustered and lost than McCarthy with game management; 1) to not understand the game situation and opportunity to give your team another shot with the ball; 2) to finally recognize the situation (late) and call a timeout, but at the wrong moment (i.e., called TO before he knelt).
I think he secretly, hates the Cowboys. Lol

DanA

Reaction score
He called a TO with 25 seconds on the clock to kick the field goal to go to OT. That gave them a free possession.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
going for it on 4th in the first quarter set the tone for the game, we handed NE a 7 point early lead for no reason. Very bad call

Frosty

Bigdog24
Reaction score
Nantz raised this during the game and it caught my eye too, but a Pats beat writer summarized it well:

“Mysteriously bad clock management by Dallas at the end of the first half. With the clock ticking down, the Cowboys used their final timeout just before Mac Jones knelt on third down. Had they waited till he knelt and then called timeout, they'd have forced New England, deep in their own end and without any timeouts of their own, to punt. Instead, the Patriots went into halftime with a 14-10 lead. The Cowboys cost themselves a chance at one last possession by doing this.”

I’ve never seen a coach consistently look more flustered and lost than McCarthy with game management; 1) to not understand the game situation and opportunity to give your team another shot with the ball; 2) to finally recognize the situation (late) and call a timeout, but at the wrong moment (i.e., called TO before he knelt).

Have you ever seen Jason Garrett coach...:lmao: Guess not....its all MM fault....I heard it right here

Frosty

Bigdog24
Reaction score
He called a TO with 25 seconds on the clock to kick the field goal to go to OT. That gave them a free possession.

Love all these Arm Chair Coaches in the Zone....have to find something to complain about

Redline360

Reaction score
MM was a terrible hire and I will stand by it. For a coach to be in the league this long and have Jason Garrett level of clock management is a joke.

bonafidebanter

Reaction score
You can’t be lucky every week though lol….and if so let’s stay lucky all the way to the SB lol.

Are you that lucky? If so, hook me up with some Vegas odds. We have 11 more games is my point. Let's see if he gets better at it before it does bite us.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
BUT....we are 5-1
luck???

This tells me the impact of his "clock mismanagement" is either blown out of proportion or perhaps it's not really clock mismanagement. JMHO

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Are you that lucky? If so, hook me up with some Vegas odds. We have 11 more games is my point. Let's see if he gets better at it before it does bite us.
I mean I think some of those Giants SB runs would be consider lucky. Hell Philly winning with Nick Foles....that has to be luck lol.

bonafidebanter

Reaction score
This BUM has a Superbowl ring....how many due yo have.....

You're funny asking me how many rings do I have. His lone Super Bowl ring was won in spite of this bum. He's had one of the most transcendent QBs in the league an ONLY won one. B U M. I hope you're not related to that. You're taking up for him like he's family. Still a B U M.

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I could have sworn it was 2 down, think the TV graphics even said it. I was screaming to call the TO.

The two flags on us that play messed it up, with one being a unsportsmanlike after the play, so we lost the down.

By the way, did we ever see what Williams did there?