Video: More on Eligible Receivers - Detroit was copying a Belicheat Play Made Illegal

doomsday9084

Reaction score
I dont think 70 even ran a route.

Come on man.

Everyone saw what happened.

I roll with Dallas, but we got a gift.
No, he didn't run a route but the defense is set up to guard who they were told was eligible. There was a man assigned to 70 because the refs told the defense he was a receiver. There was no one assigned to 68.

This wasn't a breakdown in coverage allowing a completion.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
"Spirit of the Rule" and "Cheating" aren't the same thing. If you say you don't think it's a good look or that the ethics are questionable, I won't argue that.
Ooh I'm not saying they cheated, I'm saying they tried to be sneaky and then ran the play anyway hoping the refs were going "See it" thier way, I dont believe they didn't know who the refs reported as eligible.

shabazz

Reaction score
I think you’re the 35th person to point it out to him(possibly a record) He’s not taking calls on this one. His narrative is that the refs are very good and questioning them constitutes Cowboys crying.

He really wanted a break to go the Cowboys way to fit his narrative.
I was late to the game on this thread, lol

The media, for the most part, is stuck on the "Lions were robbed" narrative but only a few have pointed out that the Cowboys were done a disservice as well

Starstruck22

Reaction score
A new twist on the story. There is historical precedent.

This case is closed on this. Dan Campbell tried to cheat and subvert an nfl rule. Nothing else is relevant or matters. It does not matter who did this and who did that and who was confused and who was not. Campbell is a scumbag and a cheater and every thing else is smoke screen.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
This case is closed on this. Dan Campbell tried to cheat and subvert an nfl rule. Nothing else is relevant or matters. It does not matter who did this and who did that and who was confused and who was not. Campbell is a scumbag and a cheater and every thing else is smoke screen.
100%. This video is perfect. The talking heads kept saying Skipper never gave a signal. BS.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
I think you’re the 35th person to point it out to him(possibly a record) He’s not taking calls on this one. His narrative is that the refs are very good and questioning them constitutes Cowboys crying.

He really wanted a break to go the Cowboys way to fit his narrative.
Yep, that is clearly what he is doing. This is all because he can't let me win. He thinks I'm stupid, and to lose on this issue to me after all that has transpired... well, that is just too much for him to take.

He tried to bait me with a thread the other day, but his strategy was so ham-fisted as to be laughingly transparent. He didn't win on that ploy either as I didn't take the bait. For Jake this is all about me personally.

Sydla

Reaction score
Some of y'all are working overtime, trying to convince yourselves that the Cowboys didn't catch a break.

I guess when you're invested in anti-Cowboys conspiracies, any call that goes the Cowboys way has to be justified.

It's comical. We caught a break. It's not hard to see it for what it was, unless you're invested elsewhere.
Not sure how it was a break. The league came out and said what the Lions did wasn't kosher.

Sydla

Reaction score
I dont think 70 even ran a route.

Come on man.

Everyone saw what happened.

I roll with Dallas, but we got a gift.
Not sure why people are ignoring the evidence we now have:

1) Most experts said the Lions messed up
2) The Cowboys have come out and said they would have covered whomever the ref said was eligible
3) Campbell now admits that they tried to trick us
4) The league released a video showing how what the Lions did was not legal

Further, it's now also come out that what the Lions did was similar to what the Pats did years ago which was then outlawed by the league. They would put ineligible players in WR positions to throw off the defense. Which is what the Lions did. They split #58 into the slot and then moved him inside on a shift.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
@Jake ’s taking a beating in this thread. Someone needs to step in and stop this. He’s not even fighting back and the blows keep coming.
Yep, that is clearly what he is doing. This is all because he can't let me win. He thinks I'm stupid, and to lose on this issue to me after all that has transpired... well, that is just too much for him to take.

He tried to bait me with a thread the other day, but his strategy was so ham-fisted as to be laughingly transparent. He didn't win on that ploy either as I didn't take the bait. For Jake this is all about me personally.
It’s not you. He just loves refs and can’t accept that they possibly could be unfair. He knows he was silly to make that statement and that it wasn’t in line with facts. Which-ironically-he claims he’s all about.

He took it on the chin on this one and he knows it. I have literally never seen so many replies to one poor comment as happened with his comment.

Scotman

Reaction score
The Lions wanted the ref to be wrong. Goff and Campbell both heard the wrong # announced, and did nothing. They were counting on it, they just thought the ref would acquiesce and give them the 2.
This...exactly. I said in another post, they were banking on not getting the flag. The were literally counting on the ref getting this wrong. A decent bet.

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
#70 is running on the field doing the hand signal for eligibility. Even if the ref granted both eligibility based on 68’s verbal and 70’s hand signal it was an illegal formation based on where 70 lined up.