More talented youth lost...

eduncan22

Benched
Reaction score
First AB, Henson, and now Rob P. :banghead:

I dont know about you, but the thought of Pat McQ backing up Floz Adams is a very frightening thought. Nothing against the kid, but he's a green rook.

At last Rob P had 16 games under his belt.

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
It won't be McQ backing him up at the games...it will be Fabini. McQ will be inactive most of the time. If it comes down to several games then we might see McQ and we can only keep our fingers crossed.

Though I very much agree with you about letting Pettiti go it was no McQuistan that I wanted to cut. I think Pettiti was as good as Fabini and much younger and therefore better for the team. But this has been talked to death so this will be my last post on the subject (hopefully).

jksmith269

Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995
Reaction score
eduncan22 said:

I dont know about you, but the thought of Pat McQ backing up Floz Adams is a very frightening thought. Nothing against the kid, but he's a green rook.

If AB is such a talent why is he with his third team???? If henson is such a talent why hasn't he landed with anyone since we cut him?? No Rob I agree may be a mistake but BP knows what he's doing. Look at the first two examples he was right there......

X-Dawg

Benched
Reaction score
eduncan22 said:

Did you just use talent and Henson in the same context?:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
AB = head case

Henson = couldn't get on the field

Petitti = just not good enough

Shotgun Dave

Reaction score
eduncan22 said:

Yes, and when Rob P got that FIRST game under his belt he was...

exactly like PatMcQ!

I wasn't thrilled to see Rob go either but I trust that the coached know what they're doing. Maybe they'll end up bringing him back.

kmd24

Reaction score
I think that we should view it as a very positive development that the best active tackle at the end of 2005 has been surpassed by four players:

Adams (return from injury)
Columbo (return from injury)
Fabini (FA signing)
McQuistan (7th round)

This can mean nothing less than that the OL has vastly improved from the end of last season.

Rob may have improved - he definitely improved physically. I'm not sure that his physical improvements ever translated to the field. I feel bad for the guy because he worked so hard and did everything right. You root for guys like that.

However, IMO, no fan should feel bad for the team that Rob missed the roster, because it means that the team is that much better.

trueblue1687

Reaction score
eduncan22 said:

Yep, 16 quality games, 20+ sacks allowed.....:rolleyes: come on, let's be honest: we're fans, not coaches and Pettiti had an awful year last year and would have to completely transform to be considered "good". He was a have to case last year, period.

md2005

Reaction score
eduncan22 said:

So you are saying that Petitie covering DB's blind side wasnt scary??

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
Petitti was young and started.....but didn't anyone watch all the sacks he gave up last year?

RT was a major concern going into the offseason, the team addressed it and all of a sudden this is a bad thing?

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
eduncan22 said:

Pettitti's favorite techniques were
  1. Ole
  2. Imitation of a turnstyle
  3. Peek a Boo

pancakeman

Reaction score
kmd24 said:
I think that we should view it as a very positive development that the best active tackle at the end of 2005 has been surpassed by four players:

Adams (return from injury)
Columbo (return from injury)
Fabini (FA signing)
McQuistan (7th round)

This can mean nothing less than that the OL has vastly improved from the end of last season.

Rob may have improved - he definitely improved physically. I'm not sure that his physical improvements ever translated to the field. I feel bad for the guy because he worked so hard and did everything right. You root for guys like that.

However, IMO, no fan should feel bad for the team that Rob missed the roster, because it means that the team is that much better.
:bow: good post

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
junk said:
Petitti was young and started.....but didn't anyone watch all the sacks he gave up last year?

RT was a major concern going into the offseason, the team addressed it and all of a sudden this is a bad thing?

Right, last year we were calling for his head, now people are saying it's a mistake. Well, sometimes it may seem that way way, but sometimes you have to let 'talented or perceived talented' people go.

BP said Rob has the mental game down (4 mental errors in over 1000 plays) but it was his physical mistakes and lack of physically being able to get things done. But was improving. McQ had the physical skills it seems, but needs experience for the mental part.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
If you want to make the point that BP has let a lot of great young talent slip through his fingers, it would serve you well to come up with better examples than Rob Pettiti and Drew Henson.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
eduncan22 said:

Hensons probably headed for Canada.
AB? Third team or fourth I can't keep tracked
Hopefully Rob lands some where, I liked his effort.

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
jazzcat22 said:
BP said Rob has the mental game down (4 mental errors in over 1000 plays) but it was his physical mistakes and lack of physically being able to get things done. But was improving. McQ had the physical skills it seems, but needs experience for the mental part.

That's it, I think.

If you just focus on the physical ability of Petitti and McQuistan, it was very clear who the better athlete is.

For all of Pettiti's off-season work, he is still built like a 60-year-old truck driver. He had trouble moving his feet and his balance was poor.

McQuistan, although he is raw, is very athletic for a man his size. He moves like a basketball player.

McQuistan also apparently has a very good attitude, so you have a real nice player to develop. Pettiti had already hit his ceiling at age 23 or whatever.

stardeep

Fading Into Abstraction
Reaction score
I don't think Parcells is infallible, but when it comes to decisions like these I have to trust that his best guess is better than mine, and that he must have very sound reasons for making this move. This is the type of thing that would have been discussed by an assembly of football people in the front office, and while not a guarantee, I tend to trust they would have found a way to keep Pettiti if they felt it was warranted at this point in his development vis a vis the needs of the team.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Bring back Torrin Tucker and Rob Pettiti !!

We're getting the band back together, boys !!!