More than any team we need this draft

cnuball21

Reaction score
Both sides of the football need a ton of help, cannot fill all needs in just 1 draft, even worse, they traded away a 4th rd pick to boot. This is what happens when you fill zero needs in fa and let multiple starters walk.
Yup…bingo.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Been saying that from the jump. DL is the weakest part of the team. Forget about talent, we don’t even have bodies.
I’m not one to give up on a rookie after 1 year…so I’ll cross my fingers for Mazi but outside of him and Osa we literally have no one.

We have to draft at least 1 DT and sign a FA JAG just to fill the room.

Then we’re supposed to hang with the Eagles, 49ers, Lions etc?

I can’t wait til we win 10 games and get waxed in the playoffs then it’s all Daks fault.

Sheepherder

Reaction score
I’m not one to give up on a rookie after 1 year…so I’ll cross my fingers for Mazi but outside of him and Osa we literally have no one.

We have to draft at least 1 DT and sign a FA JAG just to fill the room.

Then we’re supposed to hang with the Eagles, 49ers, Lions etc?

I can’t wait til we win 10 games and get waxed in the playoffs then it’s all Daks fault.
What about a linebacker. Looks like some talented ones out there but will they all be gone in the 2nd or 3rd or even 4th round. Who knows.

cnuball21

Reaction score
What about a linebacker. Looks like some talented ones out there but will they all be gone in the 2nd or 3rd or even 4th round. Who knows.
Yup…massive hole there too with zero 1st round LBs.

I love Cooper and would probably like him in a trade down but it’s not a great class. That being said it wouldn’t take much to upgrade our room. Colson would be another good option in the 2/3rd. Well probably draft Wilson bc he’s made of glass.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Yup…bingo.
Would be great to get an impact player on either side of the line, find a runner and maybe a future starter at linebacker. With three premium picks towards the end of each rd, not realistic at all.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
They need to stop caring about plugging holes and find guys that can become game changers today, and in the future. If the goal is to fill 4-5 starting positions, this draft is already a failure.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Both sides of the football need a ton of help, cannot fill all needs in just 1 draft, even worse, they traded away a 4th rd pick to boot. This is what happens when you fill zero needs in fa and let multiple starters walk.
The Cowboys feel they can fill those FA spots from within.

They traded the 4th pick for a player who they had a 2nd round grade on that plays the most important position in sports.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
The Cowboys feel they can fill those FA spots from within.

They traded the 4th pick for a player who they had a 2nd round grade on that plays the most important position in sports.
They have overrated their home grown talent for years.

sbark

Reaction score
We can just hope that getting dak MORE help could change the playoffs forture. So hopefully oline guys a rb will keep our finesse def on the sidelines more.
Need a overpowering run game, which means O.Line fix and a RB to help Dak.
A 1read QB won’t be helped by much else.

Carson

Reaction score
Need a overpowering run game, which means O.Line fix and a RB to help Dak.
A 1read QB won’t be helped by much else.
That’s just not true. OCs want to succeed on one read because it means the play worked.

Dak Prescott increases his EPA/play from nearly 0.3 to over 0.4 (a significant bump). This despite his gimpy status last season and his troubles evading the pass-rush behind the Dallas Cowboys porous offensive line.

The numbers show Dallas Cowboys QB1 Dak Prescott is good on his first reads and even better on his second reads​

Obviously other variables go into this and it’s not quite as clear-cut as I just laid out. Plays are often designed to go through progressions so passing to the second or even third option is still within the bounds of play design, but generally speaking we can grade the first read success and walk away knowing it was an excellent play designer who made it happen.

cnuball21

Reaction score
That’s just not true. OCs want to succeed on one read because it means the play worked.

Dak Prescott increases his EPA/play from nearly 0.3 to over 0.4 (a significant bump). This despite his gimpy status last season and his troubles evading the pass-rush behind the Dallas Cowboys porous offensive line.

The numbers show Dallas Cowboys QB1 Dak Prescott is good on his first reads and even better on his second reads​

Obviously other variables go into this and it’s not quite as clear-cut as I just laid out. Plays are often designed to go through progressions so passing to the second or even third option is still within the bounds of play design, but generally speaking we can grade the first read success and walk away knowing it was an excellent play designer who made it happen.

Drop the mic sir…

sbark

Reaction score

Except......real contenders are able to take his 1st read away....

Ya, seems to get us into playoffs with “great stats”, and or garbage time stats as per MM., but then once again we come full circle......

The prime Zeke, O.Line years, even D.Murray gave us the best shot,