Signed by Cowboys Morris signs 2-yr deal with Cowboys

jnday

Reaction score
Why does this team insist on retread RBs instead of drafting young RBs with talent and fresh legs? DMac had good stats but he was not an impact player at all. Morris will struggle to be that good: I guess they believe anybody can run behind this line.

ChooChoo73

Reaction score
Why? Because there were so many of them?

View attachment 72

Because I think most good backs who aren't splitting carries extensively would or should get 1000. From your list I think two are special and a third (Freeman) may be. Certainly had a special year. There is also no correlation to team success with the rushers listed and the yardage you outlined. I believe Morris can carry the load and is likely to be more healthy than McFadden. If the Cowboys agree, I would predict they draft a young back for the stable. I do think they have targets and if they can't get their guy in the draft they have security. I think they want to protect themselves from what happened in last years draft not getting a young good back.

reddyuta

Reaction score
Why does this team insist on retread RBs instead of drafting young RBs with talent and fresh legs? DMac had good stats but he was not an impact player at all. Morris will struggle to be that good: I guess they believe anybody can run behind this line.

Money is the chief factor here.They obviously like the top RBs in the draft but are not willing to draft guys in RD 2-3 because they feel they can get veterans who will do better at equal or lower cost and they dont have to teach them to pass block .I still feel they should use a late Rd pick on a RB this year.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Isn't this like getting a blender for Christmas?

More like a sausage sampler box that you re wrap and send it out the following Christmas. Seriously I do like the signing he could work out well in a rotation.

Plankton

Reaction score
I am starting to question if Jones even knows what pick we have anymore. He is getting like Al Davis was near the end.

That press conference referencing Bernard "Don't Call Me Bobby" Petrino was epic.

Fredd

Reaction score
I am ok with this move. I like Elliott a lot , but @ #4, my interest was waning...I much prefer Defense in Round 1 if we stay @ #4, although I am warming a smidge on a QB...(if Wentz)

endersdragon

Reaction score

You mean players like Randle and Dunbar?

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Anyone see how the Skins fans are taking the Morris signing? Are they really PO?

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Anyone see how the Skins fans are taking the Morris signing? Are they really PO?

Not really. What I saw at Extremeskins was about what you have seen in this thread.

It was more about he was a swell fellow than losing his talent though.

Texas_Pete

Reaction score
Nice! We finally have our bell cow that will help us control time of possession. Great for our defense (which will improve anyway) and great for Romo (who won't take as many hits).

Calling my shot: Morris will get 1,350 yards, avg. 4.5ypc, and score 11 rushing TDs! Love this signing.

Arkyvarminter

Reaction score
McFadden is a fraud. He got a lot of garbage yards in games that were already decided for the part. A true quality starter he is not. He should be replaced.

But have no fear. He won't be. This is about unleashing a rotation of backs on a league that might not be prepared for it.

Not criticizing you but you have to be one the most cynical, sarcastic, negative posters on any forum I've ever been on. Not an attack because you used to have good insight and I enjoyed reading your posts. Now its like you need to switch teams...just a thought.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Last year was a huge anomaly.

If backs like Jamaal Charles, Justin Forsett and Arian Foster stayed healthy, there would be more.

They have been told that a million times. They choose to ignore it.

McFadden's 1089yds wouldn't be in the top 10 in 2014 or 2013 or most years.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
What do those stats say?

Since you need to be spoon fed, it means he got most of his yards when the season was over and we were trying to lose. The other teams were running out the clock and still beating us. They didn't care if DMC was trying to reach a financial milestone because it kept the clock running.

Up until that point he averaged 56 YPG
The last 4 weeks he averaged 102 YPG