Signed by Cowboys Morris signs 2-yr deal with Cowboys

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
I think this was a good move for the cowboys. I think he may be better than some think.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Personally I think they would have skipped RB at #4 without Morris, but that's just me. Might mean no RB in the 2nd or even 3rd now.

That's a distinct possibility considering they now have Morris and McFadden in place. Maybe they use that 4th round comp pick on a utility back like Prosise?

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
say what you want, he is better than Randle was last year. We are slightly better at RB than last year already.

That's why I don't understand why fans aren't on board with this. Last year, we rolled through Randle, Michael, Turbin, etc., without finding a back that to pair with McFadden. Here's a still fairly young back at 27 who has only played four seasons in the league and has averaged more than 4 yards per carry in three of his four seasons.

Yes, last year he average 3.7, but McFadden had average 3.7 or less for three years when we reclaimed him.

I would rather get a player like this whom we know can start than rely on getting that player in the draft unless we planned to draft someone like Elliot. Now, maybe that's the problem. Maybe the ones who are hurt wanted Dallas to draft Elliot, even if the likelihood of that happening has never been high.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's why I don't understand why fans aren't on board with this. Last year, we rolled through Randle, Michael, Turbin, etc., without finding a back that to pair with McFadden. Here's a still fairly young back at 27 who has only played four seasons in the league and has averaged more than 4 yards per carry in three of his four seasons.

Yes, last year he average 3.7, but McFadden had average 3.7 or less for three years when we reclaimed him.

I would rather get a player like this whom we know can start than rely on getting that player in the draft unless we planned to draft someone like Elliot. Now, maybe that's the problem. Maybe the ones who are hurt wanted Dallas to draft Elliot, even if the likelihood of that happening has never been high.

It's a solid signing. The guy will be up around 4.5 ypc this season.

Nav22

Reaction score
Aside from what he'll bring to the field, Morris is about as good a guy off the field as there is. Incredibly humble and friendly.

I saw an interview with him once and thought, "Crap, I can't hate this guy anymore."

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
say what you want, he is better than Randle was last year. We are slightly better at RB than last year already.

Eh, I don't know. More reliable but Randle had some burst last year that Morris doesn't have. He's also a bit of a receiver which Morris is not.

This basically doesn't change my opinion of the position at all. Ezekiel Elliott could walk in here drunk and take the starting position with his foot asleep.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Mayowa and Morris news came in within seconds of each other. That's a ton of talent to take in at one time.

I've got to go lay down.

well, you may need to lay down longer....:laugh:....we now lost 3 FA's but signed 3 FA's, so even on the comp picks that can be traded next year...

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
That's a distinct possibility considering they now have Morris and McFadden in place. Maybe they use that 4th round comp pick on a utility back like Prosise?

I can definitely see Dallas drafting a back in the fourth round or lower, especially with Dunbar's injury and the fact that he's on a one-year deal and McFadden is in the last year's of his. I think this signing drops us out of the running for a back in the first three rounds, though.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
I'll say one thing for him. He's confident in his abilities. You don't sign off on competing with Darren McFadden unless you have an intense, almost maniacal, belief in yourself.

LOL

I will say i dont like the mix of current RBs. With Morris on board, i'd prefer either Dunbar or DMC to be replaced by a more versatile rookie RB.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
I like the signing. With McFadden, Morris, and Dunbar in place you can let a RB of great value fall to you or you can pass and wait for next year's much deeper RB class to get your future starter at a much lower draft cost. McFadden can be let go and you will still have a veteran in Morris to pair with a rookie next year.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I can definitely see Dallas drafting a back in the fourth round or lower, especially with Dunbar's injury and the fact that he's on a one-year deal and McFadden is in the last year's of his. I think this signing drops us out of the running for a back in the first three rounds, though.

And I, for one am happy about that.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well, signed 2. lost 3. Does Mayowa count as a FA because he was tendered. Does Oakland get anything from that?