Signed by Cowboys Morris signs 2-yr deal with Cowboys

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
LOL

I will say i dont like the mix of current RBs. With Morris on board, i'd prefer either Dunbar or DMC to be replaced by a more versatile rookie RB.

Actually, I think Dunbar, DMC, and Morris make a decent trio. They aren't AP, but then again. There is only one AP.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LOL

I will say i dont like the mix of current RBs. With Morris on board, i'd prefer either Dunbar or DMC to be replaced by a more versatile rookie RB.

Definitely. Won't happen, but definitely. That trio reeks of settling. Which is the new Cowboy way. (Go Cowboys!, btw)

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'd also like Collins...or several mid round backs...however with McFadden, Morris and Dunbar all under contract do you think they would draft a back in the 3rd round? I think this move pushes us back to waiting until next year (an excellent RB Draft) to draft our next back.

Agreed.

It removes any pressure from having to draft a back this year.

rockj7

Reaction score

I know that this might not be popular because it may mean no Zeke but fellas next years RBs coming out that will be in the draft will be epic. With DMC and Dunbar in their final years it sets us up to be looking for a RB in 17 draft........... as long as the Eagles or Giants don't pick Zeke

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
I never bought into a RB at 4 or even the first round, they will still draft a RB because it makes sense to get some young legs. and as another poster mention McFadden and Dunbar are UFA at the end of the season.

ChooChoo73

Reaction score
Best way to duplicate running game success of 2014 is to first try to get Murray back and when you don't you get someone just like him but better. I like the move.
Bye bye McFadden though. I believe he will be a cut after the draft when we add a dynamic back. Morris is definitely a workload, heavy leaning back. Perfect for our line.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'd also like Collins...or several mid round backs...however with McFadden, Morris and Dunbar all under contract do you think they would draft a back in the 3rd round? I think this move pushes us back to waiting until next year (an excellent RB Draft) to draft our next back.

The kid from LSU, can't recall his name, Fournette, or something like that.

KDM256

Reaction score
Solid pickup for Dallas with the Morris signing. Although McFadden was solid last year and Dunbar showed flashes before the injury, we still can't count on neither player to make it through the entire season, so Morris adds depth to the backfield..

Dallas probably passes on Elliott now and maybe on Henry(hope not) but I can still see Dallas picking up a RB inthis draft. Probably would just cut the fullback and just go 4 RBs and see how it goes from there.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dunbar and Morris basically are shifting the odds heavily to particular playcalls with them just being on the field.

Yep. Glaring and obvious when you trot out such one dimensional players. That was the strength of a DeMarco Murray. He wasn't great at anything but he was versatile enough to do it all.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am Meh on this signing...not going to act emo like some over it and not going to act like I think it is the best signing in a loooong time.

With that said...what I DO like about it is...

I think if we get cute again in this years draft concerning RB, like we did last year where they kept passing and passing until it was too late and still passed on Rawls instead of losing him as an UDRFA.

At the very least this year we have Morris who can spell Dmac and or be a goal line and short distance 3rd down back.

Last year after screwing the pooch, IMO, by not getting a RB in the draft...they were chasing FA or trading for backup RBs most of the year. Heck we brought in half of Seattles RBs.

STILL hope they draft a running back in the draft and I don't see anything in Dmacs, Dunbars and I doubt in Morris' two year deal that would financially prevent them from taking a back and or cutting one of those guys if need be if a Rookie RB takes the starting spot.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
The main area this might help is short yardage/goal-line situations. Before last year, Morris had 8, 7 and 13 rushing TDs his first three years. He also in the past has been has been a pretty good closer.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Best way to duplicate running game success of 2014 is to first try to get Murray back and when you don't you get someone just like him but better. I like the move.
Bye bye McFadden though. I believe he will be a cut after the draft when we add a dynamic back. Morris is definitely a workload, heavy leaning back. Perfect for our line.

No way on McFadden getting cut.

If anything the Cowboys will not draft any back this year.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Cut your 1000 yard RB, and a low cost starter at that...no way...The only way this happens if they draft Elliot or Henry and DMC is injured in TC.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The main area this might help is short yardage/goal-line situations. Before last year, Morris had 8, 7 and 13 rushing TDs his first three years. He also in the past has been has been a pretty good closer.

Yep. Watch the guy run... lot's of similarities between he and Murray.

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
Considering Jerry's affinity to Razorbacks I may have to agree with you. But shhhh don't tell anyone. I have a rep to uphold.

I think Jerry has drafted one Razorback (Felix Jones) and signed another handful as FA's over the past 25 years, so he really doesn't have the affinity that a lot of people think he does. That said, he does like to talk the pigs up every chance he gets.