Mort: Cowboys expect to trade Romo to Texans or Broncos ***MERGE***

John813

Reaction score
Wonder if it'll be for a conditional 18 pick(based on standings) and/or we'll push for a 17 pick.

JeffG

Reaction score
So ... IF this trade happens (still kind of doubt it) did telegraphing Romo's release to the other 31 teams for the past two months increase Romo's trade value or lower it?

Asking for a friend ...

TonyS

Reaction score
This is probably coming from Romo's agent. Being traded would allow him to keep his contract.
Bidding team would likely require Romo to sign a new contract with performance incentives, wouldn't they? The Boys would determine which offer was better and then let Romo negotiate with that team on contract before the trade. Or am I too idealistic?

Cowboys22

Reaction score
GOSH i've been saying that the whole time. A conditional 3rd is where I had him.

If they're bidding, may be a conditional 2nd. WEEEEEEE

That means its a pick in 2018 not 2017. If you trade him now, you want a pick in 2017.

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
Many of us knew he had some value. Make the best out of it Jerry...

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
Im thinking this.....

Romo to Denver for a #2

Siemien to NY for a high #3

Give Houston a chance to offer up 1st rounder. If not, push trades through

a second rounder would be great. get greedy and conditional 4th in 2018 and have 15 draft picks!

At 4:15pm EST a press release will say Tony Romo released.

Bizwah

Reaction score
Rappaport says no one in any of the team's buildings no anything about Romo being traded. Maybe just blowing smoke.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Nope there is nothing according to the reporters at Denver,Dallas, and Houston.

But then there is this

I think teams are interested. But I expect Romo to be released. Might as well just battle it out in FA with one or two other teams.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
So ... IF this trade happens (still kind of doubt it) did telegraphing Romo's release to the other 31 teams for the past two months increase Romo's trade value or lower it?

Asking for a friend ...

Interesting question. What it appears to have done is to have two teams express interest and it seems maybe at least one of them is scared he will go to the other. It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

DOUBLE WING

Reaction score
Wonder if it'll be for a conditional 18 pick(based on standings) and/or we'll push for a 17 pick.

My guess would be 18. Conditions of the pick would have to be how much Romo plays for his new team next season.

erod

Reaction score
This sounds like smoke from Romo's agent.

But nobody is showing their hand for sure.