Mort: Cowboys expect to trade Romo to Texans or Broncos ***MERGE***

gmoney112

Reaction score
One of the picks won't be conditional. You can't make it a conditional pick this year because what would you base the conditions on?

I could see a pick this year and then the sweetener is the conditional ppick next year.

You're assuming they give us a pick this year. If they do, it'll probably be of low value.

The sweetener is the conditional pick, yup

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
So ... IF this trade happens (still kind of doubt it) did telegraphing Romo's release to the other 31 teams for the past two months increase Romo's trade value or lower it?

Asking for a friend ...
Doubt it, but it doesnr take a trade possibility off the table 100% either. If the Texans wanted him and know they would lose out to Denver, they may be inclined to make a trade.

If a trade goes down, would be very interesting to see the gamesmanship involved

Alweezy

Reaction score
Thank goodness.

this was going down the road of a self imposed huge mistake.

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
Until he is officially released team A may feel they cant outbid Team B, so they call and make a trade offer to secure the rights.

Unlikely. But still a possibile scenario

Yeah, one might want to call the shot.

The rest of the league, including the media, will be really sad if we get something for Tony.

They were all soooooo happy yesterday reporting we would get nothing.

erod

Reaction score
Unless it's a high pick, it's worth more to just release him and spread the money.

Killerinstinct

Reaction score
WTH just happened. I hope this is true, but who trades after it's telegraphed Romo will be released?

My theory is the Jets offered to trade for Romo and Romo said no and Jerry said convince the team you want to go to to match the offer and you won't have to go to the Jets.

Aven8

Reaction score
Rapaport now reporting on NFLN, there is substance to these trade rumors. Jerry holding off on release at the moment.

Of course there is, Mort is an actual insider, unlike Rapaport.