Mort on ESPN - Deal close to being done

ljs44

Reaction score
Mort just reported on ESPN mike and mike that they are in NY and are working on the deal. he is very optimistic that it will get done.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Skins may be saved ....AGAIN

What the heck .....maybe we will have an extra 20-30 mil to spend.

Spend it wisely BP & JJ.......Philly is on a rampage to take back the NFCE.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
If a deal is done, what about all of the restructuring that has been done already ? Whats done is done I guess ?

superpunk

Reaction score
Jarv said:
If a deal is done, what about all of the restructuring that has been done already ? Whats done is done I guess ?

The restructures are probably conditional.

ljs44

Reaction score
Jarv said:

on the ride in, i thought I heard one of the Mikes say that the decisions made in the last few days could be reversed. It doesn't make any sense that teams could do this. Did anyone else hear that???

kingwhicker

BCRSA
Reaction score
This is all just one big CF and just another sign that the NFL is rapidly becoming the WWE. I have never seen anything more wheels off than this situation.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
It's in the newspaper....all the restructured contracts that the Commanders did were simply to keep the players from being cut if the deal didn't go through...I said all along that they were restructuring to keep from being out on the street. Unlike other years, this is no time to be a free agent unless the contract gets done.

All of the Washington deals were contingent upon that contract not being done....if it is indeed done in time, all the players on Washington's team revert to playing under their original contracts.

Ashwynn

Reaction score
There was a quote on extremeskins about how all the Skins resturcturing would be void, written into the restructured contracts, if a new CBA is reach in the next few days all restructured contracts will void and revert to previous contracts.

Woods

Reaction score
At the end of the day, we will still have $20-30mm to improve our team, which is sufficient.

If we spend the money well, and if we have a good draft, we should be able to re-claim the NFC East (and achieve bigger things).

AMERICAS_FAN

Reaction score
ljs44 said:
Mort just reported on ESPN mike and mike that they are in NY and are working on the deal. he is very optimistic that it will get done.

Wow! I'm excited now. And to think I was looking forward to good fottball on the field again like in the good old days before the cba. It's great to hear that marginal on-filed paly of this new era will continue. Good thing we have the NFL channel to supplement us with the entertainment value lost from on-field football quality that the cba will crush. :rolleyes:

kingwhicker

BCRSA
Reaction score
AMERICAS_FAN said:
Wow! I'm excited now. And to think I was looking forward to good fottball on the field again like in the good old days before the cba. It's great to hear that marginal on-filed paly of this new era will continue. Good thing we have the NFL channel to supplement us with the entertainment value lost from on-field football quality that the cba will crush. :rolleyes:

Yep, it's awesome- NASCAR, here I come.

Kangaroo

Reaction score
AMERICAS_FAN said:

Even with no slary cap we would have marginal football becuse only about 9 teams would be worth watching each sunday. The problem is we have 32 teams now due to expansion and we have not expanded the talent pool.

Your issue is you are the hardcore football fan and I will let you in on a secert we do not matter it is the casusal fans that make them the big bucks not the hardcore guys because we are a small %. Funny the NFL is making more money than ever because more fans have hope this is the year it could happen even if last year suxed and it be true hope.

Funny since foregin players have started playing well in the NBA the product has started to get better (not perfect but it is getting better) because the talent pool has gotten bigger and there is more talent to chose from. The NFL has not expanded it's talent pool like baseball and basketball.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
ljs44 said:
on the ride in, i thought I heard one of the Mikes say that the decisions made in the last few days could be reversed. It doesn't make any sense that teams could do this. Did anyone else hear that???

Even if the cuts can be voided, the Cowboys would just cut Glover all over again... he's not gone because they needed the cap room, he's gone because he just didn't fit the new defensive scheme...

I wish we could have gotten something for him (for that matter, I wish there was some way he could have fit the new defense, I really liked the guy), but really, letting him move on was the only way to be fair to him... I think he can still be productive in the right scheme, but he doesn't have too many more years left...

MtlCowboy

Reaction score
ljs44 said:

yesterday on the NFL network, Adam Schefter was saying that the Thursday releases were not official yet because they would not be submitted to the waiver wire due to the extension and could be canceled depending on what happens to the CBA. however the Wednesday releases and earlier were official.

superpunk

Reaction score
silverbear said:
Even if the cuts can be voided, the Cowboys would just cut Glover all over again... he's not gone because they needed the cap room, he's gone because he just didn't fit the new defensive scheme...

I wish we could have gotten something for him (for that matter, I wish there was some way he could have fit the new defense, I really liked the guy), but really, letting him move on was the only way to be fair to him... I think he can still be productive in the right scheme, but he doesn't have too many more years left...

Good point. As of now, Glover was a REAL expensive backup on our team. Even with a CBA, the writing was on the wall. I wish him the best. Undoubtedly the best FA signing Jerruh ever made on his own. Which isn't saying much, I know, but still.:)

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Poor Mort.

You know he has to be tired of reporting that it looks like the talks are off and then back on and then off and then back on.

This morning no sportscenter on of the guys apologized to mort because he would have to keep up details this weekend...at first I thought it was just a joke but it looked like mort was a tad peeved at having to stay on the story....I wonder if he had other plans this weekend lol.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
ljs44 said:

I guess this is good news.....