Mortality/reality catching up with Jerry Jones?

leeblair

Reaction score
None of us can live in this world forever.
I think the reality is catching up with Jerry Jones, and the excitement he once felt as the owner of the Dallas Cowboys, making deals and selling hope, no longer exists.
The truth is catching up with him, and he knows he can't live forever. Disappointment has taken it's toll on him and humiliation has become a yearly event as he has failed to bring the Cowboys back to greatness doing it his way.
And the truth is that Stephen may not share the same love for the day to day operations of running an NFL franchise as his dad.
With the Cowboys worth a reported $8 billion- which would most assuredly escalate if the word got out that the Cowboys were actually for sale - I do think it is very possible that the Joneses are looking at selling the number one franchise in the world, rather than take the risk of seeing that investment crash and the value start to tumble as fans lose their allure for the sales hype Jerry Jones has become famous for.
I think it's time, too.
The Cowboys very well may be the big story in the news one last time under Jerry. Not for winning a Super Bowl, but for selling for a record breaking profit that would see the Jones family financially secure for a lifetime.
I think reality is setting in, and it may be all Jerry has left in the tank.

pacy

82 WITTEN 82
Reaction score
If someone would offer something wild like 20 billion dollars, I honestly think Jerry would do it.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Jerry isn't selling the Cowboys.....it's the cash cow of cash cows...
Yet he can't take a single penny with him to his grave. So why not stop all the egotistical, narcissistic BS he does and do something for the fans worthy of being remembered? As it stands now, diehard fans, at least most of us on this site, won't shed a tear when he passes and will probably rejoice. What can't he see that his legacy will be what he did to the franchise the last 30 years and not what he did for the first 5 years after buying the team? He simply doesn't give a poop. It's all about him.

Steve007

Reaction score
I think the reality is catching up with Jerry Jones, and the excitement he once felt as the owner of the Dallas Cowboys, making deals and selling hope, no longer exists.
The truth is catching up with him, and he knows he can't live forever. Disappointment has taken it's toll on him and humiliation has become a yearly event as he has failed to bring the Cowboys back to greatness doing it his way.
And the truth is that Stephen may not share the same love for the day to day operations of running an NFL franchise as his dad.
With the Cowboys worth a reported $8 billion- which would most assuredly escalate if the word got out that the Cowboys were actually for sale - I do think it is very possible that the Joneses are looking at selling the number one franchise in the world, rather than take the risk of seeing that investment crash and the value start to tumble as fans lose their allure for the sales hype Jerry Jones has become famous for.
I think it's time, too.
The Cowboys very well may be the big story in the news one last time under Jerry. Not for winning a Super Bowl, but for selling for a record breaking profit that would see the Jones family financially secure for a lifetime.
Jerry isn't selling the Cowboys. The Cowboys are his idenity. Stephen is running the team with Jerrys veto power. When Jerry is gone nothing will change. Stephen will still run the team. If he didn't want the day to day running of the team he wouldn't be doing it now.

acr731

Reaction score
If someone would offer something wild like 20 billion dollars, I honestly think Jerry would do it.
I don't think he would. Jerry is all about the media attention. Relevancy and interest, remember? The 2nd he sells the team he's no longer in the spotlight, and I think he would rather die than have that happen.

acr731

Reaction score
I have news for you, he can't take that money with him if he sells it either.....
Jerry's current personal worth is 13.6 billion, which is different than the worth of the franchise (9 billion as of September 2023). Sell or don't sell, it doesn't matter. Neither he or his entire family will ever be broke. Can you imagine a Jones being born 300 years from now and still living off of Jerrys billions? It's absolutely possible, darn near a certainty.

And either way, he still won't be taking a single penny to the grave with him.

Kwyn

Reaction score
I think it's time, too.
They don’t need to sell to have generational wealth beyond our understanding. The income from all of their businesses is massive as is.

Forneymike

Reaction score
I think it's time, too.
Add this to the list of things posted on this site that makes no sense. If post on this site were a draft order, you would be drafting first. The Jones family isn't selling this team. Get that out of your head. They will have this franchise longer after we are all gone, Steven loves this team and being involved and Charlotte loves it even more

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Jethro isn’t selling out at any price . And he’s going to stranglehold football operations until his last breath. Which looks like well into his 90’s.

visionary

Reaction score
Not a chance
If reality had taken hold Jerry would have got Jim Harbaugh
This is all still window dressing

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I think it's time, too.
lol ..next on "When delusion hits".....

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think it's time, too.
He could probably get around 15 BILLION and I'm not joking here.
Ya let's face it the price will start dropping when he has kicked up his boots.
We can only hope.............

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
My feeling is that the Jones family will own the Cowboys for as long as being an NFL owner is profitable. The real question is to what level the Jones family will be involved with the everyday operation of the team. That remains to be seen.