Mortality/reality catching up with Jerry Jones?

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Lol….Jerry isn’t selling the team. Stephen isn’t selling the team. If a Jones doesn’t own the team it’ll be decades and decades from now. They have a cash cow that will provide generational wealth with an unlimited expiration date.

Owning the cowboys allows them to be both business people and football people (in theory). They are here to stay for most of our lifetimes.

GMO415

Reaction score
None of us can live in this world forever.
I think the reality is catching up with Jerry Jones, and the excitement he once felt as the owner of the Dallas Cowboys, making deals and selling hope, no longer exists.
The truth is catching up with him, and he knows he can't live forever. Disappointment has taken it's toll on him and humiliation has become a yearly event as he has failed to bring the Cowboys back to greatness doing it his way.
And the truth is that Stephen may not share the same love for the day to day operations of running an NFL franchise as his dad.
With the Cowboys worth a reported $8 billion- which would most assuredly escalate if the word got out that the Cowboys were actually for sale - I do think it is very possible that the Joneses are looking at selling the number one franchise in the world, rather than take the risk of seeing that investment crash and the value start to tumble as fans lose their allure for the sales hype Jerry Jones has become famous for.
I think it's time, too.
The Cowboys very well may be the big story in the news one last time under Jerry. Not for winning a Super Bowl, but for selling for a record breaking profit that would see the Jones family financially secure for a lifetime.
I think reality is setting in, and it may be all Jerry has left in the tank.
He has no one but himself to blame for a decade with the clapper. He's an idiot.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
They might create an AI version of Jerry that talk like him walk like him and behave like him.Only difference the AI Jerry will last forever.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think the reality is catching up with Jerry Jones, and the excitement he once felt as the owner of the Dallas Cowboys, making deals and selling hope, no longer exists.
The truth is catching up with him, and he knows he can't live forever. Disappointment has taken it's toll on him and humiliation has become a yearly event as he has failed to bring the Cowboys back to greatness doing it his way.
And the truth is that Stephen may not share the same love for the day to day operations of running an NFL franchise as his dad.
With the Cowboys worth a reported $8 billion- which would most assuredly escalate if the word got out that the Cowboys were actually for sale - I do think it is very possible that the Joneses are looking at selling the number one franchise in the world, rather than take the risk of seeing that investment crash and the value start to tumble as fans lose their allure for the sales hype Jerry Jones has become famous for.
I think it's time, too.
The Cowboys very well may be the big story in the news one last time under Jerry. Not for winning a Super Bowl, but for selling for a record breaking profit that would see the Jones family financially secure for a lifetime.

GoodGrief-day.jpeg

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
it's not that he doesn't care about the cowboys anymore.

He just doesn't care about the fans enough to bother explaining it to you.
Away fly....shoo. shoo :flagwave:

BlueStar22

Reaction score
I think it's time, too.
Bottom line, winning SBs is not the primary responsibility for the Jones family. Being good enough to keep the revenue streaming well is.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
I posted this yesterday, but Jerry doesn't own the Dallas Cowboys for the money. Sure, the team makes millions of dollars, but its sale value at an auction would be several times higher than its "book value" by profits and losses. So if it was strictly a business decision, Jerry would have sold the Cowboys a while ago and reinvested that money in warehouse space or ag land or something.

What rich people really buy with sports teams, is attention from the general public. There's hundreds of billionaires out there who you've never heard of... but I bet you know most of the ones who own NFL teams. People talk about them, right? That drive for attention is what fuels Jerry, and that's something he can't buy into again if he liquidates the Cowboys. So he'll never do it, he's riding this show out.

I don't think Stephen is as ego driven as his dad, but it's not like he needs to sell the Cowboys for money. He'll be set for life either way. So the choice for him is either fame and attention and one yacht, or public obscurity and two yachts. Might as well be famous and play GM.

He'll keep the Cowboys in the family for another couple decades.... the real question is if he'll still keep trying to be a Football Guy after his dad is gone.

Last edited:

SellTheTeam

Reaction score
I think it's time, too.
Jerry said years ago that he would never sell & the Team would be a generational business…whoever said he would sell in 2 years pulled it out of his *** for clicks!

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What rich people really buy with sports teams, is attention from the general public. There's hundreds of billionaires out there who you've never heard of... but I bet you know most of the ones who own NFL teams. People talk about them, right? That drive for attention is what fuels Jerry, and that's something he can't buy into again if he liquidates the Cowboys. So he'll never do it, he's riding this show out.
Some people get it. :clap:

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
I think it's time, too.
They are already set up for life and selling won't happen for generations at the earliest. I will be pushing up daisies by then and so will a lot of you.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Jerry's current personal worth is 13.6 billion, which is different than the worth of the franchise (9 billion as of September 2023). Sell or don't sell, it doesn't matter. Neither he or his entire family will ever be broke. Can you imagine a Jones being born 300 years from now and still living off of Jerrys billions? It's absolutely possible, darn near a certainty.

And either way, he still won't be taking a single penny to the grave with him.
Sucks for a lot of you. lol

zerofill

Reaction score
He could probably get around 15 BILLION and I'm not joking here.
Ya let's face it the price will start dropping when he has kicked up his boots.
We can only hope.............
Let's talk Elon into buying them lol.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I think it's time, too.
If Jerry felt this way, why not step down as GM and hire a front line GM to run the team and hire a top notch HC?
Instead, he is throwing the upcoming season in the dumpster.