Mortality/reality catching up with Jerry Jones?

Hardline

Reaction score
I do believe this is wishful thinking on your part.
Jerry and his family eat, sleep, breathe Dallas Cowboys. It’s their life. They aren’t selling.
The Dallas Cowboys are the goose that lays the golden eggs. The Cowboys will be in the Jones family for generations to come.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Jerry isn't selling the Cowboys.....it's the cash cow of cash cows...
Jerry would never do it....i agree, but i think the OP is bringing up a situation if SJ sees his dad spending his entire life especially these last 30 years and really not enjoying life. He is a billionaire and living one of the most boring lifes you can live; i mean you could travel the world with your family or grandkids. I bet he hasn't ever taken a European vacation, or gone on a cruise in the Mediterranean, been to Hawaii or seen the eight wonders of the world. For a filthy rich man, he has not taken advantage and enjoyed life to the fullest. Instead just acting like he knows football, failing at it every year, selling snake oil and shattered dreams to the public. That is how he will be remembered. Back to my point, SJ could see all that and his wife might even factor in, imagine that.....sell the dammmm team and the whole clan will still have enough money for generations. Or at least, hire your GM, HC and do it the proper way. You can't spend it all or even take it with you, as Jerry will find out. Well, anyway.... that is my hope too...but i don't live for this, i enjoy my own life even without the Cowboys.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
It's been 28 years since the Cowboys won the Super Bowl.

And we already know at least 12 of their games next year will be late afternoon or prime time games.

The product Jerry Jones has is just as profitable as the product he had when the 90's Dynasty was producing rings.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Be one of the best Christmas gifts ever for Dallas Cowboy fans. Jerry sale this team I'll celebrate like it's 1999.....:oldcouple:

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
Jerry would never do it....i agree, but i think the OP is bringing up a situation if SJ sees his dad spending his entire life especially these last 30 years and really not enjoying life. He is a billionaire and living one of the most boring lifes you can live; i mean you could travel the world with your family or grandkids. I bet he hasn't ever taken a European vacation, or gone on a cruise in the Mediterranean, been to Hawaii or seen the eight wonders of the world. For a filthy rich man, he has not taken advantage and enjoyed life to the fullest. Instead just acting like he knows football, failing at it every year, selling snake oil and shattered dreams to the public. That is how he will be remembered. Back to my point, SJ could see all that and his wife might even factor in, imagine that.....sell the dammmm team and the whole clan will still have enough money for generations. Or at least, hire your GM, HC and do it the proper way. You can't spend it all or even take it with you, as Jerry will find out. Well, anyway.... that is my hope too...but i don't live for this, i enjoy my own life even without the Cowboys.
Jerry has a 250 million dollar yacht, he's doing enough travel, you don't need to worry about that

Bravo-delivery.jpg

leeblair

Reaction score
I know you guys don't agree, but I seriously can see a situation where Jerry simply no longer has the love for it like he used to.
Selling the team doesn't benefit him, but if Stephen isn't dead set on keeping it going after Jerry passes, Jerry could make one more splash in his life by selling the most prolific franchise in the world for a record profit, and still keep some interest in it for the heirs.
Jerry knows he's not going to win a Super Bowl in his lifetime. He has been repeatedly humiliated on national television when the Cowboys crash and burn every year.
I really think he's lost his enthusiasm for the business and the team as age has taken it's toll, and when he realizes that he isn't going to be able to convince fans to buy into "wait til next year" this time, I think it will be hard to pass up the profit for his family- especially if that number starts taking a hit due to fans' lack of interest next year.
Regardless whether he sells or not, the Cowboys under him are done.