Mosher compares NT Mazi Smith to other NTs in the draft

Malhavoc

Reaction score
Benton, Mazi, Ika would all be nice gets. But folks think that these guys are going to be studs from the jump. Not the case. Draft someone in the middle rounds and you hope that by year 2 or 3 you have a difference maker.

Hardline

Reaction score
I only seen one Michigan game and that was the bowl game against TCU. Steve Avila pretty much shut him out.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
To get the most out of Davis, they probably needed to keep Hargrave and paired him with Davis and let Cox go.
Milton Williams could be dangerous if they can make a 3 down player out of Davis. Williams has some deficiencies as far as length and leverage, but Davis would compensate for that. With his athleticism, Williams could be very productive getting consistent 1 in 1's

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Fans/posters hoping we draft this kid at 26 are dreaming........hard (lol). Stephen Jones would draft a kicker first ......lol. Anyway, here's how he lines up against other NTs

Daron Payne

Height: 6024​
Weight: 311​
Hand: 09 3/8​
Arm: 33​
Wingspan: 78 3/8​
40 Yard Dash (ET): 4.90​
20 Yard (ET): 2.84​
10 Yard (ET): 1.66​
225 Lb. Bench Reps: 27​
Vertical Jump: 28 1/2​
Broad Jump: 08'11"​
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.71​
3-Cone Drill: 7.58​

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I would love to get Mazi in the 2nd. Guys clearly is not a pass rusher but then again he is a run stuffer who can clog up the middle and who can free up LB. Many of the DT in this draft are 3 tech DT Cowboys have guys who can play the 3 tech but outside of Hankins Cowboys do not have that big physical 1 tech tackle. Guys like Bresee scare me given the injuries and the fact he is a 3 tech. Cowboys have pass rusher but we need the big man in the middle to help shut down running lanes.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Yeah Davis ain’t Hargrave for sure. We don’t necessarily need to take that run stopper in round 1, but we sure as hell can do better than waiting til round 5 and 6.

Exactly, though hey, a top NT in round 1 wouldn't be a horrible thing.

Dalmations202

Reaction score
If (xxx name of DL xxxx) lines up opposite of Zack Martin, does that force Dallas to need Biadasz to help?

If the answer is yes.... DRAFT him in the first round. If the answer is no, find a different round and develop.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
I think he's Def one of the choices they will select. I don't think any of the corners will be chosen

Mr_437

Reaction score
It would be a letdown if Dallas drafted Mazi Smith. I don't think he's a 1st round type player.

JBell

That's still my Quarterback
Reaction score
His game vs TCU is on YouTube. Not great film for him.

tm1119

Reaction score
Smith looks good on paper…not so much on tape. Hes very average in my opinion. A guy you’d be happy to get in the 3rd round that is a solid rotational 1 tech. But can’t draft d lineman in the 1st round that don’t get after the QB, or at least consistently collapse the pocket

rambo2

Reaction score
Yeah, just watching the guy play football… I haven’t been impressed.

Very good physically, but for whatever reason, just not really a good football player.

I’d be more than shocked if they drafted him at 26. Dexter Lawrence, he is not.

I think some of our fans are just desperate for DT help and want a first round IDL. This just isn’t the draft to do it.

Benton in round two would be great though.
I like Benton also. Ferguson had him as a roommate in college. It will be interesting to see who will be the better pro. Smith or Benton. I think that Benton would be an excellent 2nd round pick.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
I like Benton also. Ferguson had him as a roommate in college. It will be interesting to see who will be the better pro. Smith or Benton. I think that Benton would be an excellent 2nd round pick.
Benton strikes me as a high floor, "no way he sucks" kind of player. I think he'd start for 4 years here.