Mosley has great point about Romo in huddle...

newlander

Reaction score
He points out that Romo runs the huddle like a pee wee QB. I have to agree: why does most every play seem like a lecture? Are guys not sure of their assignments or what?Watch otherQB's:Favre/ManningBros,Big Ben, Delhomme, K.Collins: they get in the huddle,call the play&BREAK. That's it: no gestures with their hands, and certainly not the length of time he takes. What's up with this?:confused:

Mosley: Regarding your question about Garrett vs. Spagnuolo, I think the Cowboys have to speed up their tempo. For some reason, they couldn't seem to get to the line of scrimmage quick enough and they were barely getting plays off in time. Romo treats the huddle like he's a pee wee coach. He goes around and instructs three or four players what to do. Get out of the huddle and run a stinkin' play. It looked as if the Cowboys were out of sync for most of the game against the Steelers. Against the Giants, the Cowboys need to follow the blueprint Andy Reid just provided. Commit to the running game. Don't give up -- even if you start with eight carries for 10 yards. Keep banging away. Also, stop trying to appease T.O. Sometimes the Cowboys will go through stretches where their entire focus is getting T.O. going. Throw to the guy who's open. I'm told Jerry Jones ducked into Garrett's office this week and reminded him that Roy Williams is now on the roster. Let's see if the Cowboys will finally make a concerted effort to get him the ball -- on right-handed throws

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
We are now the only team who ever gets a Delay of Game.

Judas Priest.

Kilyin

Reaction score
Plenty of QBs use every second of the playclock to make presnap adjustments. I'd say the worst offender is Peyton Manning. When you're trying to run clock it's actually a good strategy.

ddh33

Reaction score
Is it because the recievers aren't smart enough to run the right routes?

superpunk

Reaction score
……………………………………………………………………………………………..|;;;;;;;;|
………I believe you have my stapler?..………………………………………………..|;;;;;;;;|
………………………………………………,-~--,,_……………………………………..|;;;;;;;;|
………………………………….,,-~’’’~~-,’’;;;;;;;;;;;¯’’~,,_……………………………….|;;;;;;;;|
……………………………..,-~’’;;;;;;,,-~’’ ¯¯’’~-,;;;;;;;;;;;;;’’~--,…………………………..|;;;;;;;;|
……………………………,’;;;;;;;,,-‘’ . . . . . . . . ‘’-,_;;;;;;;;;;;;_ ‘-,………………………….|;;;;;;;;|
…………………………..,’;;;;;,-‘’ . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,’-,;;;;;,-‘ ,’-,;;’, ………………………..|;;;;;;;;|
…………………………..|;;;,-‘ . . . . . . . . . _,~’’-,-‘’ . .¯’-,| . -,, ‘,;;’, ……………………...|;;;;;;;;|
…………………………..|;;;’, . . . . . . . . ,~’,,-~, .’, . . . . ‘’ . .’ ‘ ‘,;;;’-,………….._,,,-~~’’’¯|;;;;;;;;|
…………………………..|;;;;;| . . . . . . ,-‘ . ‘ ‘’~-‘ . ,’ . . . . . . . . .’-~-,,\\’’~,,_,,-~’’ : : : : : : ::|;;;;;;;;|
…………………………..’,;;;| . . .,,-~-,-‘’’-,, . . .,,-‘’ . . . . . . . . . . . . . ‘’’, : : :’’-, : : : : : : : : :|;;;;;;;;|
……………………………’,;;’,-~’’,-‘’(¯)\\’, . .’’’¯-, . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\\ : : : : ‘-, : : : : : |;;;;;;;;|
……………………………..’-,\\ . . . . ¯ ,’’,. . . ‘’,,-~’’’’~, . . . . . . . . . . . . ,’ : : : : : ‘, : : : : : .|;;;;;;;;|
…………………………………’-,_,,-~’’ . .¯,-~’’,-~’’¯¯ . . . . , .’’ . . . . . .,’ : : : : : : :’, : : : |;;;;;;;;|
………………………………………’’~-, . .,’ ,-‘’ ,,-‘’¯ . . . . ,’ . . . . . . . .,’ :____ : : : ‘-, : |;;;;;;;;|
…………………………………………..’’~-‘-‘ . ‘¯ . . . . . ,,-‘ . . . . . . . .,’ : /,,/ : :¯¯’’~-,’ : :|;;;;;;;;|
………………………………………………’,--,,_ . . . ,,-‘’ . . . . . . . . . /,,-‘,,-‘ : : : : : : : : :: |;;;;;;;;|
……………………………………………..,-‘’ : :\\:¯’’’’¯~---,,,,,,,____,,-‘-‘,’-,’ : : : : : : : : :|;;;;;;;;|
…………………………………………..,-‘’ : : : : ‘-, : : : : ,,-~-,,,-~,’ , , , , ,\\ : : : : : : : : : : : |;;;;;;;;|
………………………………………..,-‘’ : : : : : : : ‘-, : : ,’ : : : : : : ¯’’’~-,~’’’~,, : : : : : : : : :|;;;;;;;;|
……………………………………..,-‘’ : : : : : : : : : : ‘-, ,’ : : : : : : : : : : :’’-, , , ‘’-,, : : : : : : :|;;;;;;;;|
……………………………………,-‘ : : : : : : : : : : : : : ‘’- : : : : : : : : : : : : ‘’-, , , , ‘’--,, : : : :|;;;;;;;;|
………………………………….,-‘ : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : :’-, , , , , ,’’-, : : : |;;;;;;;;|
………………………………..,-‘’’-, : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : :’-, , , , , , ‘’-,|;;;;;;;;|
……………………………….,’ : : :’-, : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : ‘-, , , , , , ,|;;;;;;;;|
……………………………….| : : : : :’’-, : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : :’’-, , , , , |;;;;;;;;|
……………………………….| : : : : : : :’, : : : ,,-~-,, : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : :’’-,, , , |;;;;;;;;|
……………..………………..| : : : : : : : : ,-~’’ . ., . . ‘-, : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : ‘’-, ,|;;;;;;;;|
…………………………….…| : : : : : : : ,’| . .’, . . ‘-, . .\\’’-,: : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : :’-|;;;;;;;;|
…………,_______________|_________|_\\__’’-,___’-,_’,_\\_ : : : : : : : : : : : : : : :|;;;;;;;;|
…….,,-~’’ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . ,,-~| : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : |;;;;;;;;|

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
newlander;2481657 said:
He points out that Romo runs the huddle like a pee wee QB. I have to agree: why does most every play seem like a lecture? Are guys not sure of their assignments or what?Watch otherQB's:Favre/ManningBros,Big Ben, Delhomme, K.Collins: they get in the huddle,call the play&BREAK. That's it: no gestures with their hands, and certainly not the length of time he takes. What's up with this?:confused:

Mosley: Regarding your question about Garrett vs. Spagnuolo, I think the Cowboys have to speed up their tempo. For some reason, they couldn't seem to get to the line of scrimmage quick enough and they were barely getting plays off in time. Romo treats the huddle like he's a pee wee coach. He goes around and instructs three or four players what to do. Get out of the huddle and run a stinkin' play. It looked as if the Cowboys were out of sync for most of the game against the Steelers. Against the Giants, the Cowboys need to follow the blueprint Andy Reid just provided. Commit to the running game. Don't give up -- even if you start with eight carries for 10 yards. Keep banging away. Also, stop trying to appease T.O. Sometimes the Cowboys will go through stretches where their entire focus is getting T.O. going. Throw to the guy who's open. I'm told Jerry Jones ducked into Garrett's office this week and reminded him that Roy Williams is now on the roster. Let's see if the Cowboys will finally make a concerted effort to get him the ball -- on right-handed throws

wow.. Is it Sunday yet?

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Hostile;2481665 said:

Judas Priest.

that is not what he is saying.

what he is saying is the wr group had to be told where to lineup nearly every play sunday...

That is a problem.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Kilyin;2481679 said:
Plenty of QBs use every second of the playclock to make presnap adjustments. I'd say the worst offender is Peyton Manning. When you're trying to run clock it's actually a good strategy.
I agree, I've never noticed him spending too much time in the huddle. He just milks the clock which is normally considered a good thing although I think that it also can lead to false starts leaving the linemen in their stance that long.

newlander

Reaction score
LOL superpunk....I love that movie...

"I believe you said if I played my radio at a modest level I would be allowed to listen to it in my work area............."

Hos: I didn't say or imply we're the ONLY team to get delay of games, just don't get the dramatics in lineing up for a play. Maybe it's Pitt's immortal D: LeBeau does give a ridiculous amount of different looks......Except that it's gone on all season. I remember him doing it against Arizona in OT: that didn't work out well either..........

Kilyin

Reaction score
theebs;2481711 said:

what he is saying is the wr group had to be told where to lineup nearly every play sunday...

That is a problem.

If that's even remotely true - It's only a problem because we blew a 4th quarter lead. Are you implying we lost because Romo uses too much time in the huddle?

superpunk

Reaction score
Let's see....Tony Romo was conducting a huddle with a now third string LG, a third string rookie RB at starter, a #2 WR who's only been here a month, against the best defense in the NFL, in a loud stadium in the bitter cold....

Yeah, I can see how they'd need a little more time in the huddle.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
I noticed him licking his fingers a lot. I hope he didn't do that before every pass play.

Draegerman

Internet Somebody
Reaction score
theebs;2481711 said:

That is a problem.

Then, if that's the case, you have to take a hard look at the receivers coach and offensive coordinator.

newlander

Reaction score
It's part of the execution and coaching problem with this team kilyin. Mosely was asked to make a comparison between Spaganolo and Red. He basically said Red has work to do which includes getting his offense more up tempo. Dictating the play instead of being dicated to by the defense. It helps when your QB gets the play, calls it and gets to the line. If he needs to audible out of it: like Peyton Manning often does two or three times: do it at the line. Not lecturing in the huddle. I think it's a fair criticism.

BTW: superpunk has a fair point: it doesn't help to have the injuries to Kosier,Holland, Barber and Felix, etc.... and have drift wood like Procter in there.........that's a valid point...........

Decleater101

Reaction score
I don't get it. I've never seen Romo do anything in the huddle but call the play and make sure everybody has got it right.

Is there some strange conspiresy to have Romo ran out of the country or what?

:banghead:

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
bbgun;2481763 said:
I noticed him licking his fingers a lot. I hope he didn't do that before every pass play.

:lmao2: Love the sarcasm. This thread needs it.

Givincer

Reaction score
Oh, phenomenal point by Mosley.

Can we lobby for a bonus for Mosley this year? Seriously? This point was just too good.

:rolleyes:

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Hostile;2481665 said:

Judas Priest.

No but if you would of watched the play clock the last 3 weeks you would of noticed that almost every single play it has been down to 1 or 2 seconds before the ball is snapped. We are spending way too much time in the huddle for whatever reason.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
superpunk;2481700 said:
………I believe you have my stapler?..………………………………………………..|;;;;;;;;|
………………………………………………,-~--,,_……………………………………..|;;;;;;;;|
………………………………….,,-~’’’~~-,’’;;;;;;;;;;;¯’’~,,_……………………………….|;;;;;;;;|
……………………………..,-~’’;;;;;;,,-~’’ ¯¯’’~-,;;;;;;;;;;;;;’’~--,…………………………..|;;;;;;;;|
……………………………,’;;;;;;;,,-‘’ . . . . . . . . ‘’-,_;;;;;;;;;;;;_ ‘-,………………………….|;;;;;;;;|
…………………………..,’;;;;;,-‘’ . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,’-,;;;;;,-‘ ,’-,;;’, ………………………..|;;;;;;;;|
…………………………..|;;;,-‘ . . . . . . . . . _,~’’-,-‘’ . .¯’-,| . -,, ‘,;;’, ……………………...|;;;;;;;;|
…………………………..|;;;’, . . . . . . . . ,~’,,-~, .’, . . . . ‘’ . .’ ‘ ‘,;;;’-,………….._,,,-~~’’’¯|;;;;;;;;|
…………………………..|;;;;;| . . . . . . ,-‘ . ‘ ‘’~-‘ . ,’ . . . . . . . . .’-~-,,\\’’~,,_,,-~’’ : : : : : : ::|;;;;;;;;|
…………………………..’,;;;| . . .,,-~-,-‘’’-,, . . .,,-‘’ . . . . . . . . . . . . . ‘’’, : : :’’-, : : : : : : : : :|;;;;;;;;|
……………………………’,;;’,-~’’,-‘’(¯)\\’, . .’’’¯-, . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\\ : : : : ‘-, : : : : : |;;;;;;;;|
……………………………..’-,\\ . . . . ¯ ,’’,. . . ‘’,,-~’’’’~, . . . . . . . . . . . . ,’ : : : : : ‘, : : : : : .|;;;;;;;;|
…………………………………’-,_,,-~’’ . .¯,-~’’,-~’’¯¯ . . . . , .’’ . . . . . .,’ : : : : : : :’, : : : |;;;;;;;;|
………………………………………’’~-, . .,’ ,-‘’ ,,-‘’¯ . . . . ,’ . . . . . . . .,’ :____ : : : ‘-, : |;;;;;;;;|
…………………………………………..’’~-‘-‘ . ‘¯ . . . . . ,,-‘ . . . . . . . .,’ : /,,/ : :¯¯’’~-,’ : :|;;;;;;;;|
………………………………………………’,--,,_ . . . ,,-‘’ . . . . . . . . . /,,-‘,,-‘ : : : : : : : : :: |;;;;;;;;|
……………………………………………..,-‘’ : :\\:¯’’’’¯~---,,,,,,,____,,-‘-‘,’-,’ : : : : : : : : :|;;;;;;;;|
…………………………………………..,-‘’ : : : : ‘-, : : : : ,,-~-,,,-~,’ , , , , ,\\ : : : : : : : : : : : |;;;;;;;;|
………………………………………..,-‘’ : : : : : : : ‘-, : : ,’ : : : : : : ¯’’’~-,~’’’~,, : : : : : : : : :|;;;;;;;;|
……………………………………..,-‘’ : : : : : : : : : : ‘-, ,’ : : : : : : : : : : :’’-, , , ‘’-,, : : : : : : :|;;;;;;;;|
……………………………………,-‘ : : : : : : : : : : : : : ‘’- : : : : : : : : : : : : ‘’-, , , , ‘’--,, : : : :|;;;;;;;;|
………………………………….,-‘ : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : :’-, , , , , ,’’-, : : : |;;;;;;;;|
………………………………..,-‘’’-, : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : :’-, , , , , , ‘’-,|;;;;;;;;|
……………………………….,’ : : :’-, : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : ‘-, , , , , , ,|;;;;;;;;|
……………………………….| : : : : :’’-, : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : :’’-, , , , , |;;;;;;;;|
……………………………….| : : : : : : :’, : : : ,,-~-,, : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : :’’-,, , , |;;;;;;;;|
……………..………………..| : : : : : : : : ,-~’’ . ., . . ‘-, : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : ‘’-, ,|;;;;;;;;|
…………………………….…| : : : : : : : ,’| . .’, . . ‘-, . .\\’’-,: : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : :’-|;;;;;;;;|
…………,_______________|_________|_\\__’’-,___’-,_’,_\\_ : : : : : : : : : : : : : : :|;;;;;;;;|
…….,,-~’’ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . ,,-~| : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : |;;;;;;;;|

now THIS is funny!

Don Corleone

Reaction score
Gee, with all this stuff flying around about Romo, how the heck does he have one of the better win/loss records as a starter amongs current NFL QBs?

Surely he must be doing something right.