Mosley has great point about Romo in huddle...

djmajestik

Reaction score
superpunk;2481700 said:
……………………………………………………………………………………………..|;;;;;;;;|
………I believe you have my stapler?..………………………………………………..|;;;;;;;;|
………………………………………………,-~--,,_……………………………………..|;;;;;;;;|
………………………………….,,-~’’’~~-,’’;;;;;;;;;;;¯’’~,,_……………………………….|;;;;;;;;|
……………………………..,-~’’;;;;;;,,-~’’ ¯¯’’~-,;;;;;;;;;;;;;’’~--,…………………………..|;;;;;;;;|
……………………………,’;;;;;;;,,-‘’ . . . . . . . . ‘’-,_;;;;;;;;;;;;_ ‘-,………………………….|;;;;;;;;|
…………………………..,’;;;;;,-‘’ . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,’-,;;;;;,-‘ ,’-,;;’, ………………………..|;;;;;;;;|
…………………………..|;;;,-‘ . . . . . . . . . _,~’’-,-‘’ . .¯’-,| . -,, ‘,;;’, ……………………...|;;;;;;;;|
…………………………..|;;;’, . . . . . . . . ,~’,,-~, .’, . . . . ‘’ . .’ ‘ ‘,;;;’-,………….._,,,-~~’’’¯|;;;;;;;;|
…………………………..|;;;;;| . . . . . . ,-‘ . ‘ ‘’~-‘ . ,’ . . . . . . . . .’-~-,,\\’’~,,_,,-~’’ : : : : : : ::|;;;;;;;;|
…………………………..’,;;;| . . .,,-~-,-‘’’-,, . . .,,-‘’ . . . . . . . . . . . . . ‘’’, : : :’’-, : : : : : : : : :|;;;;;;;;|
……………………………’,;;’,-~’’,-‘’(¯)\\’, . .’’’¯-, . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\\ : : : : ‘-, : : : : : |;;;;;;;;|
……………………………..’-,\\ . . . . ¯ ,’’,. . . ‘’,,-~’’’’~, . . . . . . . . . . . . ,’ : : : : : ‘, : : : : : .|;;;;;;;;|
…………………………………’-,_,,-~’’ . .¯,-~’’,-~’’¯¯ . . . . , .’’ . . . . . .,’ : : : : : : :’, : : : |;;;;;;;;|
………………………………………’’~-, . .,’ ,-‘’ ,,-‘’¯ . . . . ,’ . . . . . . . .,’ :____ : : : ‘-, : |;;;;;;;;|
…………………………………………..’’~-‘-‘ . ‘¯ . . . . . ,,-‘ . . . . . . . .,’ : /,,/ : :¯¯’’~-,’ : :|;;;;;;;;|
………………………………………………’,--,,_ . . . ,,-‘’ . . . . . . . . . /,,-‘,,-‘ : : : : : : : : :: |;;;;;;;;|
……………………………………………..,-‘’ : :\\:¯’’’’¯~---,,,,,,,____,,-‘-‘,’-,’ : : : : : : : : :|;;;;;;;;|
…………………………………………..,-‘’ : : : : ‘-, : : : : ,,-~-,,,-~,’ , , , , ,\\ : : : : : : : : : : : |;;;;;;;;|
………………………………………..,-‘’ : : : : : : : ‘-, : : ,’ : : : : : : ¯’’’~-,~’’’~,, : : : : : : : : :|;;;;;;;;|
……………………………………..,-‘’ : : : : : : : : : : ‘-, ,’ : : : : : : : : : : :’’-, , , ‘’-,, : : : : : : :|;;;;;;;;|
……………………………………,-‘ : : : : : : : : : : : : : ‘’- : : : : : : : : : : : : ‘’-, , , , ‘’--,, : : : :|;;;;;;;;|
………………………………….,-‘ : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : :’-, , , , , ,’’-, : : : |;;;;;;;;|
………………………………..,-‘’’-, : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : :’-, , , , , , ‘’-,|;;;;;;;;|
……………………………….,’ : : :’-, : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : ‘-, , , , , , ,|;;;;;;;;|
……………………………….| : : : : :’’-, : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : :’’-, , , , , |;;;;;;;;|
……………………………….| : : : : : : :’, : : : ,,-~-,, : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : :’’-,, , , |;;;;;;;;|
……………..………………..| : : : : : : : : ,-~’’ . ., . . ‘-, : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : ‘’-, ,|;;;;;;;;|
…………………………….…| : : : : : : : ,’| . .’, . . ‘-, . .\\’’-,: : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : :’-|;;;;;;;;|
…………,_______________|_________|_\\__’’-,___’-,_’,_\\_ : : : : : : : : : : : : : : :|;;;;;;;;|
…….,,-~’’ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . ,,-~| : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : |;;;;;;;;|

yyyeeeaaaahhhhh....... LOL

JPM

Reaction score
trickblue;2482706 said:
PeeWee Coach...

You are serious... right?
Not only serious, he gets paid for poo-poo like that.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
newlander;2481657 said:
He points out that Romo runs the huddle like a pee wee QB. I have to agree: why does most every play seem like a lecture? Are guys not sure of their assignments or what?Watch otherQB's:Favre/ManningBros,Big Ben, Delhomme, K.Collins: they get in the huddle,call the play&BREAK. That's it: no gestures with their hands, and certainly not the length of time he takes. What's up with this?:confused:

Mosley: Regarding your question about Garrett vs. Spagnuolo, I think the Cowboys have to speed up their tempo. For some reason, they couldn't seem to get to the line of scrimmage quick enough and they were barely getting plays off in time. Romo treats the huddle like he's a pee wee coach. He goes around and instructs three or four players what to do. Get out of the huddle and run a stinkin' play. It looked as if the Cowboys were out of sync for most of the game against the Steelers. Against the Giants, the Cowboys need to follow the blueprint Andy Reid just provided. Commit to the running game. Don't give up -- even if you start with eight carries for 10 yards. Keep banging away. Also, stop trying to appease T.O. Sometimes the Cowboys will go through stretches where their entire focus is getting T.O. going. Throw to the guy who's open. I'm told Jerry Jones ducked into Garrett's office this week and reminded him that Roy Williams is now on the roster. Let's see if the Cowboys will finally make a concerted effort to get him the ball -- on right-handed throws

Peyton Manning calls the play, breaks and thats it? Anyone who thinks this comment is correct is patently stupid or blind. NO ONE does the exact opposite of this more than Manning. Thats not an opinion, its just fact.
In fact its becoming somewhat vogue to copy him.

newlander

Reaction score
Actually it is true five and counting. Manning does call the play and break the huddle pretty quickly. As I said LATER ON IN THE THREAD, he then comes to the line, analyzes what the defense is doing and audibles from there: some times 2-3 times. Point being, he has the time to do this because he gets his team in and out of the huddle. Romo doesn't, but as others have pointed out in this thread, that might not be all his fault. Coaching, backup players, and general mismanagement of the offense are not all his doing. I can't disagree with those factors being part of the problem.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
newlander;2483526 said:
Actually it is true five and counting. Manning does call the play and break the huddle pretty quickly. As I said LATER ON IN THE THREAD, he then comes to the line, analyzes what the defense is doing and audibles from there: some times 2-3 times. Point being, he has the time to do this because he gets his team in and out of the huddle. Romo doesn't, but as others have pointed out in this thread, that might not be all his fault. Coaching, backup players, and general mismanagement of the offense are not all his doing. I can't disagree with those factors being part of the problem.

I think Manning is doing nothing when he does all that stuff. You are correct though, he dances around for ever before the snap.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
newlander;2481657 said:
He points out that Romo runs the huddle like a pee wee QB. I have to agree: why does most every play seem like a lecture? Are guys not sure of their assignments or what?Watch otherQB's:Favre/ManningBros,Big Ben, Delhomme, K.Collins: they get in the huddle,call the play&BREAK. That's it: no gestures with their hands, and certainly not the length of time he takes. What's up with this?:confused:

Mosley: Regarding your question about Garrett vs. Spagnuolo, I think the Cowboys have to speed up their tempo. For some reason, they couldn't seem to get to the line of scrimmage quick enough and they were barely getting plays off in time. Romo treats the huddle like he's a pee wee coach. He goes around and instructs three or four players what to do. Get out of the huddle and run a stinkin' play. It looked as if the Cowboys were out of sync for most of the game against the Steelers. Against the Giants, the Cowboys need to follow the blueprint Andy Reid just provided. Commit to the running game. Don't give up -- even if you start with eight carries for 10 yards. Keep banging away. Also, stop trying to appease T.O. Sometimes the Cowboys will go through stretches where their entire focus is getting T.O. going. Throw to the guy who's open. I'm told Jerry Jones ducked into Garrett's office this week and reminded him that Roy Williams is now on the roster. Let's see if the Cowboys will finally make a concerted effort to get him the ball -- on right-handed throws

Are you serious??????????????/

Watch Eli Sunday night and then come back and apologise.

mrla

A Passion for the Star
Reaction score
If our so called "skill" players don't know what their assignments are on each play then have them wear the same kind of wristband that Romo and other QB's do.