Twitter: Most 4th quarter interceptions this past season

CCBoy

Reaction score
One of the dumbest people I ever met spoke three languages. I would not have hired him to run an elevator or clean cars. I guess one could call him an idiot savant. He was great with languages but a total failure everywhere else. The second dumbest person I ever met had a PHD in literature. The idea that well educated means intelligent is just not always true.
When stationed and traveling oveasers, a soldier had to be more interactive with local interactions. That just goes along with good diplomacy and images. We were even provided language schools to be able to function where we were.

I'm from South Texas, so I took Spanish two years in High School and two courses in Spanish while in college.

CCBoy

Reaction score
that is not “Happy New Years“ in Italian. I’m not even sure what you tried to google there. Also, it’s Happy New Year.
Prove it now...that's exactly what an Italian told me for a celebration, at the Christmas/New Year's time of year...

CCBoy

Reaction score
In Italian amate is associated with a person viewed as a closeness association...amatelo is added, because of the many Catholics...to mean something akin to if you want to make someone stronger - love him.

Hence a warm: amate...amatelo!

Jarntt

Reaction score
Prove it now...that's exactly what an Italian told me for a celebration, at the Christmas/New Year's time of year...
How can I prove a made up comment is wrong? It's just not how Happy New Year is stated in Italy. I don't want to derail the thread

CCBoy

Reaction score
How can I prove a made up comment is wrong? It's just not how Happy New Year is stated in Italy. I don't want to derail the thread
There is more than one way to pass greetings and meaning of that expression was stated...be a horn blower and wrong when someone else is offering seasoning respect from an Italian. Just because someone prefers a lame stance and cheap vanity shows instead, where you are limited.

Stir the insults and assume no remorse all day, son...you still were wrong AND not impressive.

You showed mal intention from YOUR first post directed AT me. For your record.

Admit it, you can't even understand Italian broken down and simply explained. Ta ta :popcorn: Even when it shared seasonal joy. Way to go champ.

Here's the explanation again:

In Italian amate is associated with a person viewed as a closeness association...amatelo is added, because of the many Catholics...to mean something akin to if you want to make someone stronger - love him.

Last edited:

CCBoy

Reaction score
Talking in Italian is so Bland. Let’s stay on topic please.
That was an insult taken out of context and that was brought into view, as here, not bothering to listen to a simple reason on why multiple things are acceptable...beyond Jerry and his quarterback!

I'm not listening to preppie advice when it's an excuse for being a playground bullie before he learns being knocked out.

Jarntt

Reaction score
There is more than one way to pass greetings and meaning of that expression was stated...be a horn blower and wrong when someone else is offering seasoning respect from an Italian. Just because someone prefers a lame stance and cheap vanity shows instead, where you are limited.

Stir the insults and assume no remorse all day, son...you still were wrong AND not impressive.

You showed mal intention from YOUR first post directed AT me. For your record.

Admit it, you can't even understand Italian broken down and simply explained. Ta ta :popcorn: Even when it shared seasonal joy. Way to go champ.

Here's the explanation again:

Dude, not that it should matter, but my Mother was born in Italy and I speak more than a little Italian. You obviously do not. At least you are backpedaling now off your comment about "Happy New Year", but It doesn't exactly make sense how you are interpreting. And again I'm not derailing the thread. You can think what you want. I'm not interested in discussing it here.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Dude, not that it should matter, but my Mother was born in Italy and I speak more than a little Italian. You obviously do not. At least you are backpedaling now off your comment about "Happy New Year", but It doesn't exactly make sense how you are interpreting. And again I'm not derailing the thread. You can think what you want. I'm not interested in discussing it here.
No Sir, smart guy. I used absolutely appropriate Italian that was not school entry level. My wife IS half Italian, so just sit your pompous butt down. Who won the war, Mr. 'Appropriate'!

Don't be a jerk about the base truths and also lie about not interjecting instead disrespect. I played football through college, spent 23 in Service, 17 Postal, and most recently worked for the Sheriff's Department.

You throw a lot around that can in fact be questioned. If you are moving on, do so withour throwing yet a third insult. Wisened one!!

Last edited:

CCBoy

Reaction score
No Sir, smart guy. I used absolutely appropriate Italian that was not school entry level. My wife IS half Italian, so just sit your pompous butt down. Who won the war, Mr. 'Appropriate'!

Don't be a jerk about the base truths and also lie about not interjecting instead disrespect. I played football through college, spent 23 in Service, 17 Postal, and most recently worked for the Sheriff's Department.

You throw a lot around that can in fact be questioned. If you are moving on, do so withour throwing yet a third insult. Wisened one!!
Holiday expression I was extended IN Italy....you also implying I don't know what actually happened?

HanD

Reaction score
that is not “Happy New Years“ in Italian. I’m not even sure what you tried to google there. Also, it’s Happy New Year.
Some of these are slightly off or spelling is wrong and it isn't coming across properly. korean, vietnamese and "filipino" are pretty off. first off there isn't a filipino language. it's tagalog or a ton of other dialects like ilocano. baba eat is actually babae which means lady. i'm thinking you meant annyeonghaseyo for korean to say hello? i'm pretty fluent in vietnamese and i can't figure out what it's saying.

HanD

Reaction score
When stationed and traveling oveasers, a soldier had to be more interactive with local interactions. That just goes along with good diplomacy and images. We were even provided language schools to be able to function where we were.

I'm from South Texas, so I took Spanish two years in High School and two courses in Spanish while in college.
when i was in japan i always thought trying to learn the language and culture was such a sign of respect. it was so rude to see people walking around asking if anyone spoke english and being disappointed that no one did.

CCBoy

Reaction score
when i was in japan i always thought trying to learn the language and culture was such a sign of respect. it was so rude to see people walking around asking if anyone spoke english and being disappointed that no one did.
Enjoy shopping? Korea was great. In Germany, upon arrival, I had to guess and point at the menu to get a trout I was led to pick out.

True, my man...and thanks for your service.

HanD

Reaction score
Enjoy shopping? Korea was great. In Germany, upon arrival, I had to guess and point at the menu to get a trout I was led to pick out.

True, my man...and thanks for your service.
Shopping was the best part. Korea and Japan were great. the food was amazing. just experiencing a different culture and perspective lets you understand so much more about your country and self imo. your strong and weak points both.

Appreciate the sentiment but i was a civilian working overseas to build bases and hospitals as a part of the army corps of engineers. we had to cut our time in asian short but hope to do a tour in europe before we retire. love the community and atmosphere. thank YOU for YOUR service.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Shopping was the best part. Korea and Japan were great. the food was amazing. just experiencing a different culture and perspective lets you understand so much more about your country and self imo. your strong and weak points both.

Appreciate the sentiment but i was a civilian working overseas to build bases and hospitals as a part of the army corps of engineers. we had to cut our time in asian short but hope to do a tour in europe before we retire. love the community and atmosphere. thank YOU for YOUR service.
You were always improving life for those deployed. Honestly, thank you...

There was a New Year dumpling that was made just for New Year's in Korea.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
One of the dumbest people I ever met spoke three languages. I would not have hired him to run an elevator or clean cars. I guess one could call him an idiot savant. He was great with languages but a total failure everywhere else. The second dumbest person I ever met had a PHD in literature. The idea that well educated means intelligent is just not always true.
It’s not always true of course. Duh. But well educated folks are generally much more intelligent than those that aren’t. It’s a fact.

CCBoy

Reaction score
It’s not always true of course. Duh. But well educated folks are generally much more intelligent than those that aren’t. It’s a fact.
At least they truthfully put forth the effort and commitment. Some of life deals with opportunity for development.

Rockport, you are a good man and Cowboys fan...

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I lived in Japan for 5 years. Learning at least a little bit of the language was a must. The more you know, the better experience you’ll have.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
The better way to say this is well educated doesn't always mean shool educated, Education doesn't have to come from a classroom. Intelligence is basically the measure of how well you learn not just from classrooms but anything life brings you.