Twitter: Most accurate drop back passer in the NFL last year?

Cmac

Reaction score
Bang, right on que. Thanks for the insight into your football acumen.
That's all that matters.....right? Rushing titles, Leading tackler, Going to the Pro Bowl as a 3rd Alternate......don't mean a thing to main objective.

TonyS

Reaction score
This data shows me that our WRs and RBs suck at consistently catching the football. Hope that changes this year. Guess our WR coach was too worried about patterns and not catching the ball.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Yep......but I'm trying to correlate the Most Accurate Passer with some kind of TEAM reward. That's all, thus making it a moot point to me, or shall I say...."Like Empty Calories". The NFL is about wins and losses.....right? Now if you're Dak's agent sitting across the table with JJ.....have at it. As for the wins and playoffs.....film don't lie. The Blame game is on this board.....ala....The Annual Fall Guy Award (2019 - Zeke....2018 - Beaz, Williams, 2017 - Dez.... and the most notable 2008 -T.O.)
There is no award for "most accurate drop back passer" so stop looking. His good performance was canceled out by other bad performances, is all. If I was Dak's agent I'd be demanding exactly what he is demanding. It wasn't my clients fault the team was 8-8.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
That's all that matters.....right? Rushing titles, Leading tackler, Going to the Pro Bowl as a 3rd Alternate......don't mean a thing to main objective.
Who said that? Not me. The only thing that matters is winning. You just don't realize it takes a TEAM to win. Dak did his part. Some other players did theirs but not enough. And the coaching? Please..... And you want to put ALL the blame on Dak. Do you realize how ignorant that makes you look?

Cmac

Reaction score
Who said that? Not me. The only thing that matters is winning. You just don't realize it takes a TEAM to win. Dak did his part. Some other players did theirs but not enough. And the coaching? Please..... And you want to put ALL the blame on Dak. Do you realize how ignorant that makes you look?
A bit overreactive...I ain't blamed Dak one time on this post.....Where you taking off too.....put the coffee down!!! Please. A bit sensitive too.

Cmac

Reaction score
Contradicting your own response to me.....who's blaming who...but you? And you're illustrating my point. Thanks, if you didn't catch that.

Cmac

Reaction score

Rockport....my point on the matter is the accuracy may a good thing across the negotiating table for Dak, but in the big scheme of things....despite the accuracy, and like leading rusher or other individual leaders in stats, or Pro Bowl selections....the record and team results are always the defining measure of the team.

Hooray for Dak being the Most Accurate passer for 2019!!!! and I'm assuming he probably was the Team's MVP. You like that! (Kirk Cousin style).

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Well when you're only throwing the ball four yards it's easy to be accurate. --JK.

I wish Dak would take less but he really deserves what the market dictates for a starting NFL QB. Because that's exactly what he is.

pansophy

Reaction score
Prediction

This thread goes the same way As the last one using this guys data.

comments about whether QB Data Mine twists their stats to somehow make Dak look good.

Also, expect lots of comments along the lines of “all I know is what I see and I saw him miss on a lot of throws. Name one? Well, I can’t think of any right now but what about the Eagles game ?!?!! Clearly Dak sucks in the clutch”
The video helps reduce that. His new throwing motion made a huge difference IMO. Had his shoulder been okay all year I think the conversation would be different, but his accuracy reduced some the last half of the year.

JBS

Reaction score
A player can always look to get better, but let's be honest 4 years in you tend to know what you have in a player, even at QB. The truth is unless your name is Brady you typically are not winning super bowls deep into your 30s. Age 25-30 seems to be a QBs prime, and where most win a super bowl. Dak is going to be 27 before the 2020 season. Sounds so young, but that should be the midst of his prime.

First of all, dak has improved every year. Secondly, we do know what we have in dak..at least some of us know..whether he improves from where he already is, is a different question

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Top 10 teams in takeaways: .667 winning percentage
Bottom 10 teams in takeaways: .331 winning percentage
Dallas' ranking: 26th

So maybe the argument should be we got 8 wins because of Dak?

Seems to be some of both.

4 losses we scored less than 15- of those 3 were within 7 points. To me that shows we struggled on mostly offense.
4 losses we scored atleast 22-24 points- almost no help from the defense. 2 of those losses were by 7+ points

in all 8 wins we scored atleast 31 points
Out of 8 wins our defense gave up 3 21+ point games.

ondaedg

Reaction score

4 losses we scored less than 15- of those 3 were within 7 points. To me that shows we struggled on mostly offense.
4 losses we scored atleast 22-24 points- almost no help from the defense. 2 of those losses were by 7+ points

The 49ers won 9 games holding teams to 21pts or less including 4 teams to under 10 pts. This idea that we could put any losses on a guy who had a 30:11 td:int ratio is ludicrous. Or any of the other 21 guys on the field for that matter.

nobody

Reaction score
Dak be like.....
tenor.gif

Had to give you like just for "The Last Dragon" reference.

HungryLion

Reaction score

The ultimate team sport.

Lack of turnovers forced has been brutal for years though.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The 49ers won 9 games holding teams to 21pts or less including 4 teams to under 10 pts. This idea that we could put any losses on a guy who had a 30:11 td:int ratio is ludicrous. Or any of the other 21 guys on the field for that matter.

i'm not putting any loss or win on any 1 guy.

Our offense looked great in wins and so did our defense for the most part. If only we could have 16 complete games instead of just the 8. I blame the offense as a whole for 4 losses and the defense for 4 losses.