Twitter: Most accurate drop back passer in the NFL last year?

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Prediction

This thread goes the same way As the last one using this guys data.

comments about whether QB Data Mine twists their stats to somehow make Dak look good.

Also, expect lots of comments along the lines of “all I know is what I see and I saw him miss on a lot of throws. Name one? Well, I can’t think of any right now but what about the Eagles game ?!?!! Clearly Dak sucks in the clutch”

Pro Football Reference shows Dak at around 6th in the league for accurate passes. The numbers weren't exactly the same as QB Data Mine, but
They have play types as well. But... while they have play types, they only show attempts per type, not completions per type. Doh!

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2019/passing_advanced.htm

Yikes! Go look at the splits. The end of game trialing passing stats are *brutal*. I did the top accuracy QBs, and got bored doing it. but it's not looking good for Dak.

QB rating
Trailing < 2 minutes Dak 42.5 Brees 107.3 Goff 62.6 Tannehill 58.2 carr 117.9
Trailing < 4 minutes Dak 68.1 Brees 95.8 Goff 63.8 Tannehill 98.0 carr 108.9
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/P/PresDa01/splits/2019/

For those inclined to hammer on Dak, the end of game stats looks like where you want to go.

cowboyed

Reaction score
Dak's accuracy shouldn't be questioned anymore. That stated making better decisions where to go with the ball and a quicker release will help our very good quarterback get to the next level. I believe Mike McCarthy and the offensive and defensive coaching staff will be a performance changer for Dak and a game changer for the team.

Toro9

Reaction score
Stop with the facts. They torture egos and cause mental breakdowns, ultimately making haters worse.

FLCowboyFan

Hoping to be half the man Tom Landry was.
Reaction score
The best season Dallas has had with Dak is when he threw the least.

That tends to be the case with every star athlete. For instance when Michael Jordan scored his most points the Bulls would lose. Teams need balance and the entire team to really win. It's not all on the star player as much as people want it to be.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak Prescott

Why are the masses seeing it differently including Jerry???

tenor.gif

StuckMojo

Reaction score
That tends to be the case with every star athlete. For instance when Michael Jordan scored his most points the Bulls would lose. Teams need balance and the entire team to really win. It's not all on the star player as much as people want it to be.

I would like to have a team full of players with Jordan’s mental fortitude and competitiveness!!

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
@aria
Did you know Zeke only had the 9th most receptions amongst RBs, despite running the 2nd most routes of any RB(344 and next closest only hit 319) and despite having one of the most accurate QBs in 2019?

aikemirv

Reaction score
Stop with the facts. They torture egos and cause mental breakdowns, ultimately making haters worse.

The problem is that these are not facts. A twitter account spewing out % with no backup to check really is not a fact. The one with the accuracy on 3rd and 5+ did pass the believability test based on Pro Football Reference stats from the same distances.

I think Dak is an accurate QB overall, but he also had a great pass protecting Oline and 3 very good WR's last year as well. The stat in the first post is believable based on his overall percentage and our Oline protection and quality of WR options he had to go to. In the stat, Oline protection, without play action, is a huge deal, as well as is availability of targets. For example let's compare Drew Brees, with a 74% completion rate overall, for all passes makes me wonder if this stats is even worthwhile.

I think there are a lot of stats that are not worthwhile, many of them spewed in the RB debate!

Again, I think Dak is a very accurate QB in the pocket but no one will convince me he is the most accurate QB in the NFL with a clean pocket.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Who said that? Not me. The only thing that matters is winning. You just don't realize it takes a TEAM to win. Dak did his part. Some other players did theirs but not enough. And the coaching? Please..... And you want to put ALL the blame on Dak. Do you realize how ignorant that makes you look?
I didn't see him "put all the blame on Dak". You're making that up...using it as the base of your argument, and declaring the win.

It's odd to me, that when someone has criticism about Dak...people hurt themselves with "but it's a team "reward"".

There's an implication there....that Dak shares no blame in losses. The person you replied to never laid "all the blame" on Dak. Only that we were still 8-8...and Dak shares blame in that. How many big games did we not score a TD? Or maybe just one? Dak shares blame in that.

robjay04

Reaction score
Rock...8-8. That's the argument. Ignoring everything else that composes a team, but Dak couldn't get his team above .500. It is a lame conclusion, but "8-8" will be their dark horse because what else gives them any perceived credence except this (their) flawed "expert" assessment?

I mean Tony Romo and even Drew Brees went 3 consecutive seasons not outperforming that number.

Football is the ultimate team sport, that goes for coaching too.

Nexx

Reaction score
Rock...8-8. That's the argument. Ignoring everything else that composes a team, but Dak couldn't get his team above .500. It is a lame conclusion, but "8-8" will be their dark horse because what else gives them any perceived credence except this (their) flawed "expert" assessment?
Dak even said it himself in an interview when his stats were brought up. He said something along the lines of empty stats.

johneric8

Reaction score
Or maybe Dak’s just a bad ***. That’s my take. You can dwell in the sewers and think otherwise, but I chose to think the former because I’ve watched every game he’s ever played as a Cowboy. Preseason, regular season, playoffs. Those who dwell in the negative are not the folks I want to be around.
This is what I've been saying! When you don't like someone such as your x wife for example, people are typically looking for the negatives in regards to her or her situation. Obviously we should be hoping for the best but it's hard.

This is Dak haters. They scattered like cockroaches at the onset of daks historic run at the start of the season but come out of the woodwork once he struggles a little and claim he sucks.. lol..

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There are lies, dman lies, and then there are stats. You can pick a stat to prove anything you want if you are clever enough. Maybe you don;t have to be THAT clever.

I saw some great stuff from Dak...including his missed cup shot and the pickup! And some not so great stuff. Not just a bad game or two. The only thing I'd like to see is some honest conversation about it. Soon as someone says 8-8 people lose their minds. YEs...it's a team game...Dak is part of the team. He's not above criticism.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I didn't see him "put all the blame on Dak". You're making that up...using it as the base of your argument, and declaring the win.

It's odd to me, that when someone has criticism about Dak...people hurt themselves with "but it's a team "reward"".

There's an implication there....that Dak shares no blame in losses. The person you replied to never laid "all the blame" on Dak. Only that we were still 8-8...and Dak shares blame in that. How many big games did we not score a TD? Or maybe just one? Dak shares blame in that.
No he is putting all the blame on Dak.