Twitter: Most accurate drop back passer in the NFL last year?

ondaedg

Reaction score
No you nailed it. Even with the amazing season that Dak had, he couldn't get them past 8-8. So what does that tell you?

Defense, coaching, special teams were pretty bad in order for that to happen.

What happened this offseason?

-Defense was the main focus of FA and the draft
-Entire coaching staff was fired save the OC (should tell you something)
-FG kicker was fired midseason and cowboys went out of their way to sign a kicker in FA
-New special teams coach.

Yep. We almost broke the record for lowest kick return avg for a season. And we finished 30th in ST DVOA due to a strong finish by Forbath. I think I calculated that we were giving up 50yds/game in the special teams battle alone when calculating yds per k/p return and normalizing them based on an avg of 3 punt and kick returns per game.

Final 2019 DVOA rankings
Dallas Offense: 2nd KC Offense: 3rd
Dallas Defense: 19th KC Defense: 14th
Dallas Special Teams : 30th. KC ST: 2nd

Anyone who claims Dak is the reason for 8 losses doesn't want to believe anything else.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
yeah, maybe he should have tried that against Philly and their 3rd string and practice squad team. you troll

aria

Reaction score
@aria
Did you know Zeke only had the 9th most receptions amongst RBs, despite running the 2nd most routes of any RB(344 and next closest only hit 319) and despite having one of the most accurate QBs in 2019?
Hahahahahaha...no I did not but thanks for sharing that wonderful stat. Noted for future debates!

Can’t say I’m the slightest bit surprised but I’m sure there are plenty of excuses for him. Still can’t believe Jerry paid that chump.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Hahahahahaha...no I did not but thanks for sharing that wonderful stat. Noted for future debates!

Can’t say I’m the slightest bit surprised but I’m sure there are plenty of excuses for him. Still can’t believe Jerry paid that chump.
And 12th in receiving yards.

God that's horrible.

Cmac

Reaction score
Dan Marino sucked

Cmac has spoken
Kwyn…..for that matter.....Troy Aikman was very accurate, probably didn't get the Accuracy of the Year Award, but toting 3 rings. I think my point got missed to some. The league is a results league....playoff time (money time) is all that matters. Team reward trumps individual awards, unless you negotiating.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bad "Omens" usually show there face from the start....:muttley:

Last edited:

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They're coming for you Pappy...they're coming!!!

These Dak bullies are harmless.
In fact, the laughter they give me daily is priceless...
I love having them suffer when everyone under the sun is getting a contract EXCEPT Dak:muttley:

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I love having them suffer when everyone under the sun is getting a contract EXCEPT Dak:muttley:
While everyone else is laughing at you for being so ignorant. :lmao:

Blake

Reaction score

We know you're projecting Pappy. The one's suffering inside, feel a need to deflect by stating others are like it's supposed to be a known fact; when really you just wish they were to feel better about yourself.

Qcard

Reaction score
So we gonna trade videos proving a point? Look I'm not a "dak hater". But he is not above criticism.

No feces Sherlock.....same you tube content generator. I am a certified Dak Hater Terminator.

Ps. My video is bigger than yours:muttley:

Last edited:

Kwyn

Reaction score
Kwyn…..for that matter.....Troy Aikman was very accurate, probably didn't get the Accuracy of the Year Award, but toting 3 rings. I think my point got missed to some. The league is a results league....playoff time (money time) is all that matters. Team reward trumps individual awards, unless you negotiating.
Gotcha. Thanks for clarifying

Kwyn

Reaction score
Pro Football Reference shows Dak at around 6th in the league for accurate passes. The numbers weren't exactly the same as QB Data Mine, but
They have play types as well. But... while they have play types, they only show attempts per type, not completions per type. Doh!

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2019/passing_advanced.htm

Yikes! Go look at the splits. The end of game trialing passing stats are *brutal*. I did the top accuracy QBs, and got bored doing it. but it's not looking good for Dak.

QB rating
Trailing < 2 minutes Dak 42.5 Brees 107.3 Goff 62.6 Tannehill 58.2 carr 117.9
Trailing < 4 minutes Dak 68.1 Brees 95.8 Goff 63.8 Tannehill 98.0 carr 108.9
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/P/PresDa01/splits/2019/

For those inclined to hammer on Dak, the end of game stats looks like where you want to go.
But only one of those QBs is bette Ethan Dak and he’s got maybe 28 months left in the NFL :)

I get your point though.

No QB is perfect