Most Hated Man in Green Bay 2008?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
YoMick;2177777 said:
He is a Packer. He belongs to the Packers. Dont trade him.

Put him on the sidelines with a clipboard..... meh... Rodgers only lasts a few games and he is back in anyways.

That is clearly is an option but instead they have placed him on the inactive list. GB is handling the situations poorly, either allow him to compete or move him out but how they are handling it right now is causing problems for the team

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
I can't believe anyone would try to cast any Packer employee as the villian in this cluster****. The Packers have very generously told Favre that he can win his job back in an open competition. Favre, even at his advanced age, has to know that this is a slam dunk, yet he still wants out. Even if the Packers said, "Screw the open competiton, the job is yours," he'd still want to be released, because that was his goal all along. Sooner or later, the fans (lambs?) up there will turn on The Golden Boy, and rightly so.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
bbgun;2177810 said:
I can't believe anyone would try to cast any Packer employee as the villian in this cluster****. The Packers have very generously told Favre that he can win his job back in an open competition. Favre, even at his advanced age, has to know that this is a slam dunk, yet he still wants out. Even if the Packers said, "Screw the open competiton, the job is yours," he'd still want to be released, because that was his goal all along. Sooner or later, the fans (lambs?) up there will turn on The Golden Boy, and rightly so.

I actually think that he was told that and THAT is why he tried the retiring scandal.

Agreed because of what I think happened above.

AMERICAS_FAN

Reaction score
After what he said, it will be Pattrick Crayton, especially if Dallas demolishes Green Bay this season. :laugh2:

Dodger12

Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers for a couple of reasons. First, the QB almost always takes the heat from a fan's perspective. The second thing is that the guy is replacing a legend and just can't win because he'll never measure up (unless hge wins the SB, of course). From everything I've seen, Rodgers has waited his turn and has said all the right things during his time in GB. The guy has done nothing to invite this on himself.

ZeroClub

just trying to get better
Reaction score
If Rodgers plays poorly and Farve plays well (with another team), Packers' management catches most of the heat.

If Rodgers and Farve both play poorly, Rodgers catches most of the heat from Green Bay fans.

If Rodgers plays well (regardless of Farve's performance), Rodgers and team management both get plenty of credit.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
ykc;2177816 said:
What did Rodgers do to be hated?

Nothing but it doesnt matter.

Hes Thompson/McCarthy's guy and he will take the heat for their decisions while Thompson sits in his air conditioned booth.

When its all said and done Rodgers will be public enemy #1 because of this unless he is good. Then all is well.

Rodgers has the power to make everything wrong or right. He holds all keys.

Not Favre, not Thompson, not McCarthy. Its Rodgers.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Brett Favre? Of course not. Cheeseheads will hate that he's playing for another team, but they've idolized him for so long that the majority will forgive him.

Aaron Rodgers? Nope. They may end up hating that he's not as good as Favre, but the dislike will end there.

Mike McCarthy? Nah. He's just the head coach. The fans understand that McCarthy will coach whoever the front office agrees to.

Mark Murphy? Should be, but it won't be. The buck stops with Murphy, but the Green Bay faithful know who's really running football operations in Madison and that's...

Ted Thompson. I wouldn't be surprised that he's been receiving death threats for months and that they're spiking now since the franchise has pushed Favre out the door. He's a marked man.

Cowboys2008

Reaction score
It's going to be great watching Packer games this year! Marque year for all Packer-haters coming up! The NFL "darlings" are dangling.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
all depends on the record --- if the team totally tanks it, then you plan for Teds, Mijkes, and Arods execution. If the team does well, maybe not as well as last year but still competes for teh division, then the fans will be patient.

As far as the answer to the poll, that will still be reserved for any Viking or Bear player.

I would never hate on FAvre-He has been the greatest player in the history of the Packer franchise. He left it all on the field. The business side of it got ugly and both sides screwed this up.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
FloridaRob;2178109 said:
all depends on the record --- if the team totally tanks it, then you plan for Teds, Mijkes, and Arods execution. If the team does well, maybe not as well as last year but still competes for teh division, then the fans will be patient.

As far as the answer to the poll, that will still be reserved for any Viking or Bear player.

I would never hate on FAvre-He has been the greatest player in the history of the Packer franchise. He left it all on the field. The business side of it got ugly and both sides screwed this up.
McCarthy will be the fall guy. Thompson has done wonders with your cap room. Rodgers will feel the brunt.

Even Packers fans don't hate the Lions. They just flat out don't matter.

BehindEnemyLinez

Optimist Prime
Reaction score
I'll say Rodgers only b/c he's in the public's eye more than the mgmt. If he flames out and they go 6-10 or 7-9, then he'll be burned in effigy at Lambeau! He's already hearing boos at training camp so you know they'll be on him if he doesn't perform in the reg. season.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Rodgers is Danny White. Had Staubach demanded a trade to the Skins in 1980, damn right I'd think less of him today. But Rog is a stand-up guy. Favre on the other hand ...

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Even though Ted Thompson was so against bringing back Favre I dont understand how you can get rid of a guy for hitting on so many other players in the draft/free agency.

The Packers have a nice young team. I just cant believe they were dumb enough to not give a top 5 NFL QB/MVP Runner up in 07 the keys to the team again.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
Hostile;2178114 said:
McCarthy will be the fall guy. Thompson has done wonders with your cap room. Rodgers will feel the brunt.

Even Packers fans don't hate the Lions. They just flat out don't matter.

TT really had a windfall when the cap went up 20 million in one year. Then he cut a few players in Sharper, Rivera and Wahle that helped. The Packers went like 4 and 12 that year so there was a price for him to get the cap straight and the cap rising over 20 million really helped.

I really think the Packer Fans will be patient with Arod. There will be a few nimrods that are chanting FAVre FAvre FAvre but they will be in the minority. I thnk Ted will take the axe if the Packers faulter. This is pretty much his doing.He has wanted Favre gone since he fired Sherman....

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
FloridaRob;2178295 said:
TT really had a windfall when the cap went up 20 million in one year. Then he cut a few players in Sharper, Rivera and Wahle that helped. The Packers went like 4 and 12 that year so there was a price for him to get the cap straight and the cap rising over 20 million really helped.

I really think the Packer Fans will be patient with Arod. There will be a few nimrods that are chanting FAVre FAvre FAvre but they will be in the minority. I thnk Ted will take the axe if the Packers faulter. This is pretty much his doing.He has wanted Favre gone since he fired Sherman....
I'd be interested in seeing the results of a poll like this on a Packers site.

I bet Favre would not be "more hated" than Rodgers or McCarthy as he is here. That is dislike of Favre as a Cowboys fan, not trying to figure how Packers fans will think.