Most likely losing Moore next year

conner01

Reaction score
Cowboy favs are naive if they don’t think he will bolt.
He didn’t bolt last year
May or may not after this year
He knows MM is not gonna be here forever and he has a real shot at the best job in football with a team that has a solid, young roster and not some team coming off a 2-15 season
You rarely get a chance to be HC on a good team and he passed on Boise job

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I think it would be a mistake to let him go. But I also think it would be a mistake to make him a head coach next season. I’m not even sure he thinks he’s ready. I’m not even sure why everybody’s talking about it. It’s like can we get to the playoffs before someone hired him.
And there’s the rub.

Romo was talking about it throughout the game. It’s becoming a hot topic .

Diehardblues

Reaction score
If this season continues going well and we make the playoffs McCarthy isn’t going anywhere. Moore is as good as gone after this season. There’s no assurances that he will make a good head coach. Not all successful coordinators make good head coaches. There’s plenty of examples of that.
And you’re ok with losing Moore and keeping Mm?

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Sure, but what do you think Moore will want?
He might be happy doing exactly what he’s doing. He’s a very intelligent man. You have to know your limitations. He himself, look you don’t want to be a head coach and not make it . Then Where is he

Diehardblues

Reaction score
He didn’t bolt last year
May or may not after this year
He knows MM is not gonna be here forever and he has a real shot at the best job in football with a team that has a solid, young roster and not some team coming off a 2-15 season
You rarely get a chance to be HC on a good team and he passed on Boise job
I have a feeling his phone is going to be ringing much more than from Boise next year. We’ll see.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
And there’s the rub.

Romo was talking about it throughout the game. It’s becoming a hot topic .
. Like I said Tony talks too much you shouldn’t even be in a conversation. And that’s why I responded. No Rub actual opinion Romo put the chargers quarterback in the Hall of Fame of the entire game we played them. I don’t listen to Tony

Blackspider214

Reaction score
If this season continues going well and we make the playoffs McCarthy isn’t going anywhere. Moore is as good as gone after this season. There’s no assurances that he will make a good head coach. Not all successful coordinators make good head coaches. There’s plenty of examples of that.

Maybe not but Mike already is not a good coach. We have seen that. He road the coat tails of Rodgers for his lone ring a decade ago. His clock management and strategy is atrocious. I'd rather have someone up and coming and an established re-tread who was fired for a reason in GB.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
He might be happy doing exactly what he’s doing. He’s a very intelligent man. You have to know your limitations. He himself, look you don’t want to be a head coach and not make it . Then Where is he
You don’t think Moore believes he can be a HC?

Praxit

Reaction score
.....no way. Moore is staying. To good of thing for him here. He wins few game of checkers, now they crown him Pres of USA. Pundits are unreal.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I’m not a fan of big Mike I didn’t want him here in the first place. But the team is playing better than expected under him. So I was wrong. Go cowboys go big Mike

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You don’t think Moore believes he can be a HC?
I know if I was in his position. I don’t think I would be ready. Just because I can call offense of plays. I don’t think people realize what it takes to be a head coach . You need people that are willing to tell you about the college draft not just the quality of players but the temperament. No one’s gonna teach you two minutes other than doing it He hast to have a staff that’s going to follow him. He hast to have the players that buy into his scheme. What is his scheme. It’s more than just hey I’m doing a great job make me a head coach

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I’m not a fan of big Mike I didn’t want him here in the first place. But the team is playing better than expected under him. So I was wrong. Go cowboys go big Mike
That’s assuming that Mm is the difference .

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I know if I was in his position. I don’t think I would be ready. Just because I can call offense of plays. I don’t think people realize what it takes to be a head coach
So, you’re basing your thought on what you think not what he might be thinking?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

I would hate losing Moore as successful as our offense has been with him but it’s inevitable. I’m totally fine keeping McCarthy if we continue having a good season and begin building something. We’re going in the right direction so it would be foolish to move on from MM and hire Moore as the HC when he has no track record as a head coach. He might make a terrible head coach for all we know. Coordinating an offense and running an entire team are two totally different things.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I’m basing it on what he should be thinking. He might not even get through an interview. I’m not a fan of Chip Kelly but look what happened. And how many other people thought they could be head coaches in this league. Let me say this I am a fan of Kellen Moore even when he was a quarterback. So I wish him the best. So maybe I’m worried about him. Getting a big head too early

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Let’s ask you the question. What makes you think he’s ready to be a head coach. Look at the entire picture

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If you want to believe Moore staying here was more about McCarthy than Jethro, go right ahead.
I did not say that, I said I didn't know and neither do you. I know for a fact he was released and taking the OC job at UWA.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Enjoy the questions in the conversation without being derogatory. First of all let me say thank you for that .