Most likely losing Moore next year

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I would hate losing Moore as successful as our offense has been with him but it’s inevitable. I’m totally fine keeping McCarthy if we continue having a good season and begin building something. We’re going in the right direction so it would be foolish to move on from MM and hire Moore as the HC when he has no track record as a head coach. He might make a terrible head coach for all we know. Coordinating an offense and running an entire team are two totally different things.
Good points. And this might be our destiny.

Moore is going to be highly sought after and simply a casualty from success.

Will be interesting to see if Mcc would take over the offense and insert his own playbook.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
If the Cowboys exit the post-season in embarrassing fashion and it's tied to a coaching blunder by McCarthy, he's gone, and Moore will be his replacement.
Jerry, even at his age, is still looking for his Landry. Garrett failed to be him. Moore, possibly? I think that's why Jerry was willing to let a kid wet behind the ears go through on-the-job training with the best and wealthiest franchises in the world.

Steve007

Reaction score
Head coach is a whole different ballgame. He's doing good but not sure about HC.

I wonder if he would just be another Jason Garrett? Just curious. Don't kill me guys.
Good point. We don't how he would do as a head coach. Some coordinators don't make good head coaches.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Maybe not but Mike already is not a good coach. We have seen that. He road the coat tails of Rodgers for his lone ring a decade ago. His clock management and strategy is atrocious. I'd rather have someone up and coming and an established re-tread who was fired for a reason in GB.

I’m not thrilled with McCarthy but we’re winning right now. We’re starting to go in the right direction. It would be pretty stupid to make a change when we’re starting to see progress. Granted his decision making sucks but we currently have one of the best teams in the entire league. Moore may be one of those coaches who’s better suited as a coordinator. When he gets his opportunity to be a head coach next season we’ll find out.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Will be interesting to see if Mcc would take over the offense and insert his own playbook.
Hey, I basically said the same thing. Where is my like Lol

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I did not say that, I said I didn't know and neither do you. I know for a fact he was released and taking the OC job at UWA.
I’m saying we should have a pretty good idea who influenced Moore returning or staying.

The fact we can’t 100% confirm doesn’t stop us from speculating based on the info we have.

It was widely known , and I’ll provide a link if needed ( I did when these arguments initially emerged) that Jethro’s hiring decision hinged on a candidate who wanted or would agree on Moore as OC.

Not sure why some fans are intent on giving credit to Moore being here more about Mm than JJ.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I’m saying we should have a pretty good idea who influenced Moore returning or staying.

The fact we can’t 100% confirm doesn’t stop us from speculating based on the info we have.

It was widely known , and I’ll provide a link if needed ( I did when these arguments initially emerged) that Jethro’s hiring decision hinged on a candidate who wanted or would agree on Moore as OC.

Not sure why some fans are intent on giving credit to Moore being here more about Mm than JJ.
Being a fan. We have the luxury of speculating, I totally agree. I have no idea what a franchise is thinking. I don’t know who gets credit for Kellen being here. And I really don’t care

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
And you’re ok with losing Moore and keeping Mm?

With all due respect ( coz I respect your posts ) but what guarantee we have Kellen Moore would this team with a better record right now than MM? From what I can tell, most fans' biggest issue with MM comes down to a few questionable calls/decisions. To be honest, I agree he's made a few but I'm sure you won't find a head coach anywhere to tell you he's called a perfect game. Every coach has a few calls they'd like to have back, it happens. There's way, way more head coaching than few bad calls..... like managing/leading 55 grow men. Norv Turner was as excellent OC or Wade Phillips DC but neither the leadership the job requires. I'm not saying Kellen doesn't coz I don't know but to assume hiring him comes w/o risk is misguided IMO.

Also, something getting overlooked IMO is how we don't Kellen won't end being Jerry's puppet similar to Garrett.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
With all due respect ( coz I respect your posts ) but what guarantee we have Kellen Moore would this team with a better record right now than MM? From what I can tell, most fans' biggest issue with MM comes down to a few questionable calls/decisions. To be honest, I agree he's made a few but I'm sure you won't find a head coach anywhere to tell you he's called a perfect game. Every coach has a few calls they'd like to have back, it happens. There's way, way more head coaching than few bad calls..... like managing/leading 55 grow men. Norv Turner was as excellent OC or Wade Phillips DC but neither the leadership the job requires. I'm not saying Kellen doesn't coz I don't know but to assume hiring him comes w/o risk is misguided IMO.

Also, something getting overlooked IMO is how we don't Kellen won't end being Jerry's puppet similar to Garrett.
First of all I’d be totally on board with Mm if not for the most idiotic boneheaded risk on 4th down we’ve ever witnessed in Cowboys history.

And please correct me if I’m not seeing it, but how have these decisions helped us this far?

I’d also argue Mm has been a puppet.

And thanks for your respectful comments.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Being a fan. We have the luxury of speculating, I totally agree. I have no idea what a franchise is thinking. I don’t know who gets credit for Kellen being here. And I really don’t care
Then it’s not an argument you’d be interested in.

Thanks for your comments !

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

No it’s not important to me why Kellen is here. Am I missing something, should it be. If it’s because a big Mike well that’s camaraderie. If it’s because of Jerry. Does that make things a little uneasy. I understand the scenarios. I’ve been a fan of this franchise since the 60s. I train with football ex professionals. My best friend is a two times Super Bowl running back. So I’m Known for my integrity also . I take it as a discussion, not an argument. Just saying

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

I’m just old , too many games too many seasons. I apologize a lot for being wrong. I just can’t remember everything. Be good be safe go cowboys. No disrespect intended

kevinhickey

Reaction score
Romo said it a couple times yesterday during the broadcast that there’s no way Moore doesn’t become a HC next year.

So, most of my close Cowboy friends here locally are not happy with McCarthy despite the success we’re having . We all are excited about Moore and agree with Romo that he will be highly sought after next year.

Hopefully we will name Moore our HC next year before someone else does.
Jerry is going to give him the wink wink your going to be the next coach of the Dallas Cowboys and I'm going to pay you.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
First of all I’d be totally on board with Mm if not for the most idiotic boneheaded risk on 4th down we’ve ever witnessed in Cowboys history.

And please correct me if I’m not seeing it, but how have these decisions helped us this far?

I’d also argue Mm has been a puppet.

And thanks for your respectful comments.

Just me, but the better question is how have they hurt us coz we are 5-1? That tells me the impact/risk of those decisions is being overblown a bit. For example the early 4th down call in Sunday's game but we won the game.

I disagree he's been a Jerry puppet 100%. Again, just me, but I've seen nothing to support that, especially similar to what we saw with Garrett.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Just me, but the better question is how have they hurt us coz we are 5-1? That tells me the impact/risk of those decisions is being overblown a bit. For example the early 4th down call in Sunday's game but we won the game.

I disagree he's been a Jerry puppet 100%. Again, just me, but I've seen nothing to support that, especially similar to what we saw with Garrett.
They place in a tougher position to win. Can’t set up a team on your own 35 yard line . No reason for risk at that point in the game.

So far our talent has been able to overcome but the concern is it could eventually hurt us in the end . Maybe that’s what it will take for all to see.

And I didn’t say a 100% puppet. We have seen different variations of puppetry this era.

SackMaster

Reaction score

If MM earns another year at HC and KM does not want to wait for his HC shot, I don't see MM trying to take over the offense.

If KM left in the middle of the playoffs, sure, MM probably becomes the playcaller for the remainder of the year. But if KM leaves in the offseason, I think we find an experienced OC who will have a T-O-N of offensive talent to work with.

JMHO

FrankM

Reaction score
I agree.

To me, this feels very similar to the Wade Phillips/Jason Garrett scenario. The old veteran head coach gets replaced by the young, hot shot offensive coordinator. Next season when the Cowboys are. 1 - 5, MM will get fired and replaced by Kellen Moore.

Head coach is a whole different ballgame. He's doing good but not sure about HC.

I wonder if he would just be another Jason Garrett? Just curious. Don't kill me guys.

lk8701

Reaction score
I agree.

To me, this feels very similar to the Wade Phillips/Jason Garrett scenario. The old veteran head coach gets replaced by the young, hot shot offensive coordinator. Next season when the Cowboys are. 1 - 5, MM will get fired and replaced by Kellen Moore.

How about the Bill Parcells/Sean Payton scenario?