Most Overrated Prospect

cnuball21

Reaction score
I'm not going to popular for this...but I'm adding Chaisson to the list.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Before doing this exercise, look back at the last handful of drafts....or as far back as anyone is willing to go for that matter....

At this point of every year, every player projected early is viewed as a cant miss and an immediate upgrade at that position for that team.

Realistically, theres 15, maybe 20 players in the entire draft that are even decent.

Most of them completely bust.

Let's be lucky if we hit a player or two in this draft.

Really.....try the redraft knowing what you know now each year....it tough to as much as make a great top ten.

tm1119

Reaction score
I’ll tell you what the most overrated evaluation tool is (and it’s in this thread): the bad college math. Player A played the same position at the same school as player B, So player A must be the same as player B.

Uhh no. They are completely different humans going to completely different situations. It’s just lazy evaluation

timb2

Reaction score
Do you really want to bring up the Ryan Leaf, Ryan Mallet, David Carr, Jamarcus Russell, and 100s if QBs that had great physical talents but were total busts.
Versus size limited smurfs ? Sure!!!!

timb2

Reaction score
All this little engine I think I can I think I can is a fantasy

timb2

Reaction score
Here's a song for all you that could not ride all the fair rides

cnuball21

Reaction score
I’ll tell you what the most overrated evaluation tool is (and it’s in this thread): the bad college math. Player A played the same position at the same school as player B, So player A must be the same as player B.

Uhh no. They are completely different humans going to completely different situations. It’s just lazy evaluation

I'm no expert by any means...but I'm looking for NFL athleticism and high college production for round 1 (ideally against good competition).

Try to continue that trend in each round and as you go a little later in the draft look at traits and potential.

tm1119

Reaction score
I'm no expert by any means...but I'm looking for NFL athleticism and high college production for round 1 (ideally against good competition).

Try to continue that trend in each round and as you go a little later in the draft look at traits and potential.

Sounds like a good enough strategy to me...and I’m also not claiming to be an expert by any means.

But things like Tua is overrated because other Bama QB’s (who were never anywhere near the level of prospect) haven’t succeed in the nfl.

And I’ve seen the same for CJ Henderson. Because there been some recent Florida CB busts it’s somehow a knock on him as a prospect.

And there are other examples and none of them make sense.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Sounds like a good enough strategy to me...and I’m also not claiming to be an expert by any means.

But things like Tua is overrated because other Bama QB’s (who were never anywhere near the level of prospect) haven’t succeed in the nfl.

And I’ve seen the same for CJ Henderson. Because there been some recent Florida CB busts it’s somehow a knock on him as a prospect.

And there are other examples and none of them make sense.

I'm actually one of the few to think Tua is overrated as well. Has nothing to do with the school he goes to, I just don't see NFL arm talent. I do like his vision and ball placement, but wonder if that will be enough for him to be an above average NFL QB which is what a top 10 pick should be.

I love Henderson. Great athlete, and really good tape.

kskboys

Reaction score

Very lazy. I generally ignore those type conclusions.

Gameover

Reaction score
Tua - 5th round talent
Herbert- A bust
Tua is the next Tim Tebow ... only not as good as Tebow

Tua is the most overrated prospect of the modern era. Nothing about him says nfl success. Shame a guy like D. Watson had to wait til the 12th pick to be selected but a no nfl level ability having QB, like Tua, willl be selected in the top 5. Scouts and personnel people are sheep. Tua has no nfl talent. None

Tua is Doug Flutie.. just not as good

Those guys got on the field ... Tua will never see the field.. that is how unskilled Tua will be at the nfl level

Tua vs nfl defenses will be like Nba Finals Jordan vs high schoolers

Last edited:

RS12

Reaction score
I'm not going to popular for this...but I'm adding Chaisson to the list.
Rule number 1 in the NFL draft: QBs will be over drafted. Rule number 1a: Pass rushers will be over drafted.