Most pressing Need for Cowboys

Lutonio

Reaction score
With the injuries, QB and OL were the biggest issues. Assuming those positions improve through recovery, I’m going to say S and CB. But OL still needs to reload.

I’m also not making a joke when I say head coach. I’m seriously not impressed.

mmohican29

Reaction score
Take Surtain Rd 1
Best available DT Rd 2
Best available FS Rd 3
LB/OT Rd 4, 5

kskboys

Reaction score
This game was lost in the trenches. Their DL >>>>our ol.
Beyond any doubt whatsoever.

How could anyone watch that game and not see the effect big ol' Leonard had. If I had to point to one thing that affected the game more than anything, it was his play.

kskboys

Reaction score
With the injuries, QB and OL were the biggest issues. Assuming those positions improve through recovery, I’m going to say S and CB. But OL still needs to reload.

I’m also not making a joke when I say head coach. I’m seriously not impressed.
And yet, Leonard Williams was the biggest factor. How can you not see the effect good DL's have on the game? I mean, this was right in front of your face. And you still want more CB's? I am completely bamfoozled.

Lutonio

Reaction score
And yet, Leonard Williams was the biggest factor. How can you not see the effect good DL's have on the game? I mean, this was right in front of your face. And you still want more CB's? I am completely bamfoozled.
You’re not wrong. But I also saw him unblocked by the patchwork OL, so it’s a bit of chicken and egg.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
You’re not wrong. But I also saw him unblocked by the patchwork OL, so it’s a bit of chicken and egg.

It is a source of eternal confusion to me that our scheme frequently allows the other team's best pass rusher to be left unaccounted for. And often in obvious passing situations. Either the players are idiots or the coaches are.. I can't decide which.. maybe both..

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Williams and the whole giant's defense was running right through our offensive guys like they were third-string or practice squad players.

ooops, They were.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Giants got big ol' Leonard Williams for a 3/5. Why in the world were we not in the bidding there?

agree with you there amigo...except this FO waits to scrape the bottom of the barrel FA and come up with diamonds in the rough that really turn to crap in the outhouse. You know, they think they know how to wheel and deal and find this talent. Bozo and Booboo have no clue on how to build a Super Bowl team.

Tussinman

Reaction score
You gotta honestly assess the health of both starting OT. If you don’t have both their 1st rounder should be in position for a capable starter.
Good point. If April comes around and one of them doesn't look good post surgery then I wouldn't be suprised to see a first rounder go towards OT

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
DT: Gallimore may have locked up one spot though.
DE: Stacked
LB: *sigh*
S: D.WIlson needs help
CB: T.Diggs needs help; Awuzie could be OK in the slot

QB: I *WANT* Dak, but his contract could make rebuilding the team around him difficult
RB: expensive but OK
WR: no problems here

OL: Smith, Baidasz, Martin, Collins are back; Looney is solid depth, *NEED* legit LG. *NEED* better depth all positions.

#1 need: IMO, OL, but little happens if Dallas has to commit too much of the cap to QB.

A better GM might do a better job here

garyv

Reaction score
I will take a different road here, backup QB. It has become the second most important position in NFL. Without a quality backup your season ends if starter is hurt and its a rare year that starter doesn't miss a game or two. I think the Jones should get real credit here. They may have missed on other FAs but they hit this one. I best they make a run to resign Dalton.

Defense and OL