Most Re-Watched Movie - Drama

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I could only watch Saving Private Ryan once. The opening scene, storming the beach was just so brutal.
We saw that when it opened and sitting next to us was a veteran of that battle and his son. As that scene opened, he gripped the seat in front of him with tears streaming down his face. His son took one hand and my wife took the other and they held his hands during that entire battle scene which was beyond anything I had ever seen and captured the horror of war.

As we walked out, the man thanked my wife and as his Dad walked ahead he said "my Dad lost his only brother, the uncle I never got to meet, on that beach. I hesitated to bring him but I'd heard from some friends that seeing that helped their Dad open up and talk about it. He actually arrived in the next wave and saw his brother as he came onto the beach".

PTSD existed back then under different names but it was the time of strong men and strong men didn't share their feelings. They just kept their pain to themselves. The strong and silent type......screaming inside.

That movie has special significance to me when I watch it. It is painful and sad but sometimes that is necessary to keep us in touch. The irony of that is the story line of the last surviving brother as my wife held the hand of a man that lost his only brother on that very beach.

GMO415

Reaction score
But it's a war drama. LOL
Ok my friend.
Don't judge True Romance by it's name. I don't want people gathering demanding to hand over my Man Card . If you haven't seen it....I strongly recommend it. You'd be surprised by all the stars they have in one film....BTW it was written by Quinton Terrintino before he became famous .

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
We saw that when it opened and sitting next to us was a veteran of that battle and his son. As that scene opened, he gripped the seat in front of him with tears streaming down his face. His son took one hand and my wife took the other and they held his hands during that entire battle scene which was beyond anything I had ever seen and captured the horror of war.

As we walked out, the man thanked my wife and as his Dad walked ahead he said "my Dad lost his only brother, the uncle I never got to meet, on that beach. I hesitated to bring him but I'd heard from some friends that seeing that helped their Dad open up and talk about it. He actually arrived in the next wave and saw his brother as he came onto the beach".

PTSD existed back then under different names but it was the time of strong men and strong men didn't share their feelings. They just kept their pain to themselves. The strong and silent type......screaming inside.

That movie has special significance to me when I watch it. It is painful and sad but sometimes that is necessary to keep us in touch. The irony of that is the story line of the last surviving brother as my wife held the hand of a man that lost his only brother on that very beach.
I couldn't even imagine what that must have felt like, some of them not even getting off the boat before being ripped apart. That would be a helpless, terrifying feeling, that certainly every survivor has nightmares about.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Ok my friend.
Don't judge True Romance by it's name. I don't want people gathering demanding to hand over my Man Card . If you haven't seen it....I strongly recommend it. You'd be surprised by all the stars they have in one film....BTW it was written by Quinton Terrintino before he became famous .
I love that movie. It's one of the few Tarentino movies I like, and come on...Christopher Walken!

GMO415

Reaction score
I could only watch Saving Private Ryan once. The opening scene, storming the beach was just so brutal.
One of my first coharts in my career used to go to see it time and time again just to watch viewers reactions to the opening scenes.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
One of my first coharts in my career used to go to see it time and time again just to watch viewers reactions to the opening scenes.
Probably about the same reaction as "2 Girls, One Cup".

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ok my friend.
Great flick.

GMO415

Reaction score
I couldn't even imagine what that must have felt like, some of them not even getting off the boat before being ripped apart. That would be a helpless, terrifying feeling, that certainly every survivor has nightmares about.
Years ago I evaluated a young Marine home from deployment. He had been partying with some buddy's and girls. He had made some suicidal gestures and subsequently ended up before me. During the evaluation I asked him to tell me what triggered this incident. He began to describe this gun battle where his fellow Marine was killed .As he described it I noticed his physical changes.. flush skin, grinding of teeth, teary eyes, prespiration, and whitening of his finger tips. I knew he was no longer in the room but back in combat at that very moment. I had a young female trainee with me who didn't see the same. I quickly grabbed her before he kicked the concrete wall in front of him; fracturing his leg.

PTSD is real people.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Years ago I evaluated a young Marine home from deployment. He had been partying with some buddy's and girls. He had made some suicidal gestures and subsequently ended up before me. During the evaluation I asked him to tell me what triggered this incident. He began to describe this gun battle where his fellow Marine was killed .As he described it I noticed his physical changes.. flush skin, grinding of teeth, teary eyes, prespiration, and whitening of his finger tips. I knew he was no longer in the room but back in combat at that very moment. I had a young female trainee with me who didn't see the same. I quickly grabbed her before he kicked the concrete wall in front of him; fracturing his leg.

PTSD is real people.
That must have freaked out the trainee!

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I don't know why but anytime Gladiator is on, I gotta watch it. It's down right Pavlovian.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
v5OPGf
I don't know why but anytime Gladiator is on, I gotta watch it. It's down right Pavlovian.
https://goo.gl/images/v5OPGf