Most Unappreciated

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So with questionable hands and head, who's he better than at WR? I think we have 3 ahead of him. At his salary, that makes him expendable.

charleshaleyfan94

Reaction score
I mean no disrespect but I just dont see it. TW is all that Tw will be and I just dont see saving or keeping a roster space for him over a younger player with more upside. Yes we will eat 4 mil but do you really think we will keep him after next year when he can be cut with no implications? Lenoir Brown and even Thompson has more to offer IMO then TW. Unfortunately Brown has been hurt so it has put him behind the eight ball but his ceiling is higher then TW. After next year keeping these young guys together is only going to build for the future.
I believe TWill is still here because Dak needs somebody besides Beasley that I he knows. Otherwise, I would have turned TWill loose a long time ago.

charleshaleyfan94

Reaction score
I mean no disrespect but I just dont see it. TW is all that Tw will be and I just dont see saving or keeping a roster space for him over a younger player with more upside. Yes we will eat 4 mil but do you really think we will keep him after next year when he can be cut with no implications? Lenoir Brown and even Thompson has more to offer IMO then TW. Unfortunately Brown has been hurt so it has put him behind the eight ball but his ceiling is higher then TW. After next year keeping these young guys together is only going to build for the future.
I really questioned all the new WR corp (like most). After seeing Gallup catch the TD pass, my mental approach about it changed. I started thinking that Dak & Zeke are still very young and to see the O build with new WR blood together (if they work very hard at it and the Coaches design great schemes), that this is the catalyst that could make them a very strong O.

Gotta love a young player that just goes out and makes a great play. Dak & Zeke did it all of 2016!

And they never used Noah Brown last year at all. That's a head scratcher. And traded Switzer. I don't understand this philosophy.

Last edited:

TruBluSince1982

Reaction score

Probably wiser to see how your younger receivers perform first in a real game before you start cutting your experienced players.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
The main problem with Terrance Williams is just isnt a smart player! He has made some bone headed mistakes and I am surprised he is still on the roster!

This is what I don't like about Garrett. If it were Jimmy or even Bill Parcells these kinds of boneheaded actions won't be tolerated. In fact, I doubt if he would still be on the team.

This team, although talented has an accountability issue. It all stems with coaching. Maybe its because the coach himself can make as many mistakes as he wants and not be fired. Perhaps Jerry just doesn't care about winning and more so on putting more money into his pockets.

Undefeated

Reaction score
T Will's contract is 4 years 17 mil, which isnt a lot. His average of 46 catches and 4 touchdowns a season is probably better than a lot of players who are making more.

charleshaleyfan94

Reaction score
T Will's contract is 4 years 17 mil, which isnt a lot. His average of 46 catches and 4 touchdowns a season is probably better than a lot of players who are making more.
the problem is TWill is taking up a roster spot for a better player yet to be determined

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Not for me.

TW's contract is above his production and the questionable game management is an issue that really can't be dismissed as an afterthought. He's been consistently on the field but if his contract wasn't guaranteed he'd be cut before you could finish saying "toe drag swag". He's here because he's got a clever manager and even then I don't think he finishes the season a starter.

My top five underrated guys are:
1. Rod Smith
2. Jeff Heath
3. Kavon Fraizer
4. Brian Price
5. Lance Lenoir

**This list excludes new guys like Tavon Austin, Joe Thomas and Allen Hurns.

I always find it funny when someone brings up a players contract as if the player gave themselves the money.

The money Williams gets paid is so inconsequential, it’s almost meaningless. They could cut him and save 4m if they wanted to, with less than 1.5m in dead money.

He’s not on the team because his contract is too big.

I do agree with you on Rod Smith, I think he’s imrpoved more than most in the time he’s been here.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I think that both Taco and Rod Smith are good candidates and Dak also.

I'm quite certain that they'll all vindicate themselves this season, though.

Undefeated

Reaction score
the problem is TWill is taking up a roster spot for a better player yet to be determined
I can agree with that, so I won't be surprised if hes cut after this season, especially if Gallup or Lenoir prospers. But it's probably good to keep him because he has already proven to be a decent #2 or #3 WR.

plasticman

Reaction score
Terrance is extremely unappreciated. He is one of the best "2nd" receivers in the game. Of the 50 WR's which have caught 180 or more passes over the past four combined seasons, he is ranked 14th in yards per reception and 26th in catch percentage. Keep in mind that this is a better percentage than six of the "1st" receivers in the league. Dez was ranked 47th of the 50 receivers in catch percentage. Allen Hurns was ranked 41st. Beasely was ranked 5th.

Terrance is a productive, consistent presence. In the past five seasons combined there has been 32 receptions by the Cowboys for 40 or more yards. Dez has 12. Terrance has 8. Beasely has 4.

If I were to pick the starters at WR right now I would choose Williams and Gallup.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I think this year the most underrated could be Damien Wilson. He has been a pretty solid LB for us but with the new LVE and improved Jaylon it may push him down a bit. Made some good plays Thursday.

NotForLong

Reaction score
100% Dak. I mean I just love him so much and feel blessed the Cowboys drafted him. And yet there are ungrateful fans with agendas. I call them Dak haters because that's what they are Dak haters. They aren't even true fans.

They just love to Hate.

Always complaining and lying. Dak is a gamer
He wins. He always knows who to throw it to. The guy who is open. It's not his fault if all his Wr suck . Could you imagion if you had to throw to Dez last year. Poor Dak, Dez suuuccckksss hes terrible doesnt have a job hahahah:lmao2:.

Dak had a record breaking rookie year of course he would have growing pains his second year. What do you expect :rolleyes: do you think he is perfect.

They all just love Romo Romosexuals. It's a known fact if Romo played in 2016 he would have died. Playing Dak did Romo a favor duh.
Romo never won anything Romo was overrated and they still love him.

And I am tired of hearing how terrible Dak is in practice. These ungrateful hating fans act like they dont know Dak is always terrible in practice. They say he needs to work on footwork and things. No he doesnt like I said before he always suckks in practice but hes a Gamer

A gamer he has it a leader cant be measured we are lucky and some criticizeo_O

Haters with an agenda

blueblood70

Reaction score
Terance Williams had zero touchdowns last year, ZERO...let that number sink in and relative to what he's being paid, he's an overpaid exremely average body catching receiver..
didnt KC have year in which none of their WR at all had not one TD? perspective was it all them or their scheme? OC? maybe their QB :)).. lol stop judging.. he did drop to potential tds.. Twill is not underappreciated as my expectations for him has always been a 2 or 3 so from that reality hes doing what he was expected from me, never be 1 not dependable enough..

glimmerman

Reaction score
100% Dak. I mean I just love him so much and feel blessed the Cowboys drafted him. And yet there are ungrateful fans with agendas. I call them Dak haters because that's what they are Dak haters. They aren't even true fans.

They just love to Hate.

Always complaining and lying. Dak is a gamer
He wins. He always knows who to throw it to. The guy who is open. It's not his fault if all his Wr suck . Could you imagion if you had to throw to Dez last year. Poor Dak, Dez suuuccckksss hes terrible doesnt have a job hahahah:lmao2:.

Dak had a record breaking rookie year of course he would have growing pains his second year. What do you expect :rolleyes: do you think he is perfect.

They all just love Romo Romosexuals. It's a known fact if Romo played in 2016 he would have died. Playing Dak did Romo a favor duh.
Romo never won anything Romo was overrated and they still love him.

And I am tired of hearing how terrible Dak is in practice. These ungrateful hating fans act like they dont know Dak is always terrible in practice. They say he needs to work on footwork and things. No he doesnt like I said before he always suckks in practice but hes a Gamer

A gamer he has it a leader cant be measured we are lucky and some criticizeo_O

Haters with an agenda

Lol. Tell me how you really feel. Lol. Dak set the bar so high his rookie year that there was no real way to improve that much. Had a tough last half of the season. He is a player that shows up when the lights come on. We will see if his reading defenses and audible skills improve. They should and he looked pretty good out there Thursday. Not sure anyone can hate on that drive.