Twitter: Most Valuable NFL Franchises After Broncos Sale

DandyDon52

Reaction score
But they still abandoned their local or regional team which every game was broadcast.
no one is "obligated" to be a fan of the hometown teams, you can pick any team you like.
people like teams for reasons other than being their home town team.

When I first started watching games, I liked several AFL teams, and then got into the cowboys later on.
I didnt like the cowboys cause they were my regional team, I liked the uniforms and helmets, and after watching them play a few games just liked them.
At the time I still liked the other afl teams, and rooted for them too, until those teams faded away.
I liked the raiders to the point where they traded stabler, then let them go. I liked the chargers with john hadle, and thru the dan fouts era.
I liked the jets when joe namath was there. KC thru the len dawson era. liked the 85 bears.

Truck

Reaction score
Going back to the drought, now it has been what 27 years?? 95 season to present... Think about that for a second.
I was born in 1992, I don’t know what it is like to win a Super Bowl, or even go to the NFC Championship, I love the history but I haven’t experienced much good history.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
You can be a fan but you have no affiliation with the team. If you are a Cowboy fan you better be a fan of the Stars,Mavericks and Rangers.

Actually do pull for the Stars, do not give a damn about basketball and big time Astros fans. As for the Cowboys, I have attended every Thanksgiving game this team has played except for 2, I have attended numerus post season games as well as a SB game.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Jerry bought the Dallas Cowboys in 1989 for $150 million. That's quite the investment.

Creeper

Reaction score
The value of a sports franchise is not determined by the won-loss records. It is determined by popularity. The Cowboys have been one of the most recognizable sports franchise in in sport for a long time. Love them or hate them they drive the needle. Just look at the TV ratings. You can argue that popularity is a function of winning, and that might be true but so far the Cowboys not winning in 25 years has not really made a difference in their overall popularity.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
The value of a sports franchise is not determined by the won-loss records. It is determined by popularity. The Cowboys have been one of the most recognizable sports franchise in in sport for a long time. Love them or hate them they drive the needle. Just look at the TV ratings. You can argue that popularity is a function of winning, and that might be true but so far the Cowboys not winning in 25 years has not really made a difference in their overall popularity.

True Cowboys had the 2 highest rated games in the reg season and 5 of the top 10 highest rated.

dckid

Reaction score
Elon Musk.... add Dallas Cowboys to cart. Lol.
Actually would prefer Bezos as Musk is too busy already.
If you get a competent FO this team is competing for a SB within 3 years. All it really takes is for the FO to want to win.
When a distressed asset ( Player) becomes available you have to to go get him.
The Cap only goes up. Smart teams realize that, Look at the Rams. No matter how punchable McVay's face is they have a SB and have this 3-5 year window if you include last year.

IceBowler

Reaction score
I think the importance of "ticket sales" is huge, it's but a small part of the revenue JJ hauls in. Saw somewhere that the Cowboys account for around 35% of all NFL Properties sales. Think about that for a moment .. talk about dominance and - with a pitiful on-filed record for decades now.

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
They’d be worth more if not for our owner running it.

Cowboys have 10-20,000 more tickets to sale than most franchises . And have one of if not the highest ticket prices. That transcends to more parking, concessions and merchandise sales along with more stadium sponsorships .

And Charlotte Jones Anderson doing the deals

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
In 2019 Dallas had 871 million dollars in revenue, 296 million came from the NFL.

In 2nd place was NE with 315 million, 296 million came from the NFL.

Dallas is light-years ahead of every team.

Like I said

Charlotte Jones Anderson

shabazz

Reaction score
Haven’t read all the threads but has anyone suggested a go fund me to purchase the team?

I’ll put up the first 10k.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I dont know about the rest of you, but dallas being worth the most $ or makes the most $ does nothing for me.
We dont get any of it! In fact many here contribute to jerrys vault of gold lol.

It makes me wonder if maybe jerry and his boy spend too much time thinking about how to make more millions each year,
that they then dont have that time to put into making the cowboys a SB team.
12 hours a day on how to make more money, then 4 hours for the team !

I think maybe they should put this" $ " inside the star because cowboys are more about
money and entertainment than being winners now.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Haven’t read all the threads but has anyone suggested a go fund me to purchase the team?

I’ll put up the first 10k.
well 10 billion is a lot to come up with , even for billionaires !
and on top of that jerry already said he wont sell the team.

jujoboys

Reaction score

The dumpster fire in New Jersey (Giants) hasn't even won a division title or a playoff game in the last decade and they are tied for 1st with the Jets for the worst win/loss record over the last 5 years. In fact they have only been to the playoffs once in 10 years and they got totally destroyed and embarrassed by GB in that game. I don't think anyone is looking at that team and thinking about their Superbowls that were won over a decade ago.