Twitter: Most Valuable NFL Franchises After Broncos Sale

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
-City paid $325 mill, Jerry paid 700 mill..

-Jerry pays $2m/year to rent the stadium with a lease of 30 years, and the Cowboys are required to play their home games in the stadium over this period.

-If naming rights are sold, Jerry has to pay 5% of that per year (capped at $500k) to the city

-At the end of 30 years, there are extensions available up to a total lease of 70 years (with a much lower annual rent)

-After the lease ends, the Cowboys have the option to purchase the complex from the city for $100m

-Jerry pays for all operating costs and receives all revenue. I assume this covers all events in the stadium, not just Boys game

-Jerry has to pay $500k/year for 33 years for youth sports charity
Arlington gets all the parking revenue and they set the prices that everyone blames Jerry for

TheCritic

Reaction score
Whatever the case, since the Washington Commanders have had their history banished from existence, maybe the same can be done for the Denver Walmarts and that dreaded B word.

mrmojo

Reaction score
The Cowboys are now a brand like Coca Cola and Nike. It has nothing to do anymore with championships, its the uniform, the star on the helmet, the cheerleaders and a colossal Stadium not made really for playing or watching a game.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I get that but Cowboys and a few others have gone beyond just the local support. Texans for example are pretty much local fan base, Dallas, I would say Green Bay is another that goes well beyond just local support
Yes and usually with more successful franchises . And how the term Bandwagon fans were created by rooting for non local or home teams .

The definition has expanded since then to include even local fans who only hop on when team is having success.

There’s always exceptions like if you’ve relocated or family , etc could have been a fan or from area.

rags747

Reaction score
Whatever the case, since the Washington Commanders have had their history banished from existence, maybe the same can be done for the Denver Walmarts and that dreaded B word.
Quite sad how the voice of a very very few were able to sell this nonsense, but this is evidently the world that we are currently living in. Goodell has the backbone of a limp fish, cant wait until Chucky takes him to the cleaners! The Light is a Great Disinfectant.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Quite sad how the voice of a very very few were able to sell this nonsense, but this is evidently the world that we are currently living in. Goodell has the backbone of a limp fish, cant wait until Chucky takes him to the cleaners! The Light is a Great Disinfectant.
I wouldn’t bet against Goodell and the powerful hand of the NFL. Remember he represents the majority of the NFL owners interest.

The NFL will always coward to any public pressure that could ultimately interest pressure from Congress who hold the Anti Trust card over their heads which protects their Monopoly on exclusive Network TV rights and non profit status . Always follow the money trail.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
I wouldn’t bet against Goodell and the powerful hand of the NFL.

The NFL will always coward to any public pressure that could ultimately interest pressure from Congress who hold the Anti Trust card over their heads which protects their Monopoly on exclusive Network TV rights and non profit status . Always follow the money trail.
Did you know that Arlington issued more red light tickets after the stadium opened than Dallas and Houston combined?

rags747

Reaction score
I wouldn’t bet against Goodell and the powerful hand of the NFL. Remember he represents the majority of the NFL owners interest.

Coward to public pressure. What do you think they do with Watson? Im betting he gets sidelined with full pay.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Coward to public pressure. What do you think they do with Watson? Im betting he gets sidelined with full pay.
The NFL has softened some in recent years on these personal conduct decisions . But I think it’s likely he’ll receive some suspension . If he does it won’t be with pay . That’s how it works isn’t it?

But Watsons situations isn’t what I’d call public pressure on the league like in the Washington situation which I see why they did it although I’d rather they didn’t .

IMO the league and all involved are all taking the use of Native American names all wrong . I think it could be spun as an honor using these names for Americas greatest pastime of sports. I’m not sure how or why it was ever spun as negative instead of honorable .

rags747

Reaction score
The NFL has softened some in recent years on these personal conduct decisions . But I think it’s likely he’ll receive some suspension . If he does it won’t be with pay . That’s how it works isn’t it?

But Watsons situations isn’t what I’d call public pressure on the league like in the Washington situation which I see why they did it although I’d rather they didn’t .

IMO the league and all involved are all taking the use of Native American names all wrong . I think it could be spun as an honor using these names for Americas greatest pastime of sports. I’m not sure how or why it was ever spun as negative instead of honorable .
Agree with what you say, but he can be put on the commissioners exempt list which I believe is at full pay. Would have to research further.

Hardline

Reaction score
Many like myself have never lived in Dallas. I have supported this team from 1965 to the present. I take it you live in Dallas or from Dallas? In my case where I am from had nothing to do with being a fan
You can be a fan but you have no affiliation with the team. If you are a Cowboy fan you better be a fan of the Stars,Mavericks and Rangers.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
This is a point I always love- You could argue the Jones boys have underachieved…they would be twice as rich if they won more playoff games and really competed for a SB. JJ is certainly a great businessman and has created great revenue streams. But imagine how much more could be generated if they won even another NFC championship.

Besides…who cares how much money the Cowboys are worth if they never compete for a championship? It’s almost insulting.
yeah bob, it has been a drag they could never get past a div round, and many years were avg or below avg team.
But had they done better been in playoffs more won some SB's, the only way that makes them more money is:
increase in ticket sales for home games, more concessions sold.
increase in merchandise sales
increase in what they get for sponsorship deals.
So increases in all 3 would have given them I think about 300 mil max, which isnt much with the amounts they have made in those years.

Jerry has been good in selling "HOPE" to his fans, so they always think, this is the year they do it ! lol
And in a way that could be better than just always being a winner and fans get spoiled and expect great teams every year.

I remember when KC back when shottienhiemer sp? was the HC, and every year they were in conf champ game, and would lose.
And fans turned on him and finally owner fired him, and then they went down the drain for years.
Had they stuck with him , I think he would have won a SB, and they were a dominant team back then.

Fans wanted landry fired after the balt SB loss, saying he could not win the big one lol, but the FO stuck with him and got the SB the next year.

So jerry having a "almost good team" and selling hope that this will be the year, is actually a good formula.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
You can be a fan but you have no affiliation with the team. If you are a Cowboy fan you better be a fan of the Stars,Mavericks and Rangers.
that doesnt make much sense lol.
I have always been a cowboys fan, but dont care for hockey, baseball , or hoop ball.
some only like football.

And no matter where you live, you can pick any nfl team you want and be a fan of that team.