News: Motion Denied - Zeke suspended

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
What is this “can’t strike”

Isn’t the whole point of a strike that the workers, despite being under contract, choose to not play as a unified group together?

The CBA May say they won’t strike and there’s penalties if they do, but if the players do strike, any penalty would be part of the negotiations.

Why would the players strike? I mean, to this point, I'm not even sure if all the players are sympathetic to Elliott. Why would the players forgo salaries? I don't know about this.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
It makes sense, they were only deciding if the suspension would take place now or later .
It had nothing to do with the case itself that had already been decided by the NFL and goodell.
The final decision on this case has not been made yet and it will not be made by the NFL and the Clown, goodell. Suspended or not, Elliott will fight this until the facts in the case are heard by judge whose decision can not be appealed. He has bigger things to fight for than whether he plays and he has said this many times.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Why would the players strike? I mean, to this point, I'm not even sure if all the players are sympathetic to Elliott. Why would the players forgo salaries? I don't know about this.

I’m not saying they will strike. And especially not over Zeke.

I’m challenging the assertion made by another poster that they can’t strike.

There is a major difference.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I’m not saying they will strike. And especially not over Zeke.

I’m challenging the assertion made by another poster that they can’t strike.

There is a major difference.

They can strike but it would likely cost them a great deal of money. It would be costly for both sides but the Owners have deeper pockets so they are in a much better position to hold out. Since the Fans have never shown that they would really walk away from Football, it really gives the owners a great advantage, over the players in matters such as this.

TheBigEasy

Reaction score
It's officially time to jump on the bandwagon of THE BLUE KNIGHT!!!

aec46c_14bc3f1197834c7fb1c690809a9b3d8e~mv2.gif

If THE BLUE KNIGHT says that Zeke will play the entire year, I'm on board with it!! #theblueknightisneverwrong #zekeisinnocent #rogerneedstakenbehindthewoodshed

ThreeandOut

Reaction score
They can strike but it would likely cost them a great deal of money. It would be costly for both sides but the Owners have deeper pockets so they are in a much better position to hold out. Since the Fans have never shown that they would really walk away from Football, it really gives the owners a great advantage, over the players in matters such as this.

I don't think the players should strike. They should stop participating in the disciplinary process. Stop showing up for drug tests and dare Goodell to suspend them all.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I don't think the players should strike. They should stop participating in the disciplinary process. Stop showing up for drug tests and dare Goodell to suspend them all.
I would love seeing that. Can't suspend the whole league although Goodell would probably try.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score

I think it would amount to the same thing. If the players refuse to abide by terms of the CBA, they would be suspended, which could cost them even more money because some of these contracts are tied to conformance. Like Zeke's contract and the guaranteed money he could now lose. End of day, the Owners have more money and more time. The players do not and the Fans, well, the Fans drive everything. Until such time as the Fans actually support things like strikes with real money, the Players will always be at a disadvantage.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
The worst example being Nigel Bradham who was arrested for a felony when Zeke was let off, then was arrested again, and will be playing next week while Zeke sits with literally nothing even mentioned.

Exactly. It's ****** pathetic that he is allowed these witch hunts. You think if Joe Blow QB had deflated footballs, he would spend over a year trying to nail him? Not at all.