News: Motion Denied - Zeke suspended

Cowboys22

Reaction score
I can't stand the NFL..

I really wonder how many people feel this way? I find my joy and excitement for the league has been replaced with a desire to see it all burn to the ground in glorious fashion. I mean a massive spectacle of billion dollar franchises losing 90% of their value, empty stadiums, numerous teams simply folding, lawsuit after lawsuit, strike after strike, whatever. The only thing that has kept me even remotely interested in the Cowboys is Jerry's stance on the Anthem protest, his growing feud with Goodell, and the fact that no Cowboy player has taken a knee or sat for the Anthem.

Bizwah

Reaction score
I really wonder how many people feel this way? I find my joy and excitement for the league has been replaced with a desire to see it all burn to the ground in glorious fashion. I mean a massive spectacle of billion dollar franchises losing 90% of their value, empty stadiums, numerous teams simply folding, lawsuit after lawsuit, strike after strike, whatever. The only thing that has kept me even remotely interested in the Cowboys is Jerry's stance on the Anthem protest, his growing feud with Goodell, and the fact that no Cowboy player has taken a knee or sat for the Anthem.
I've been that way for years now.

I have had zero interest in the NFL for about 10 years. I loyally watch the Cowboys...and always will. But I could really care less about the rest of the league. I usually don't pay attention in the Super Bowl. I mainly watch that out of habit. The NFL draft is still fun....because the NFL hasn't found a way to screw us there...yet.

I have come close the last two years of cancelling the Sunday Ticket. The Cowboys are on my local affiliate now. I really think I'm finished with it this year.

I've not watched ESPN (unless there's a live sporting event or the Cowboys on) or SportsCenter for about 10 years. I grew tired of them reacting with glee anytime something negative happened with the Cowboys.

I always wondered if there was anything the fans could do at the grassroots level to communicate with Goodell. I don't know if there's some petition or something the fans could sign voicing our opposition. I don't know if there's any protest.

Chopzley

Reaction score
I really wonder how many people feel this way? I find my joy and excitement for the league has been replaced with a desire to see it all burn to the ground in glorious fashion. I mean a massive spectacle of billion dollar franchises losing 90% of their value, empty stadiums, numerous teams simply folding, lawsuit after lawsuit, strike after strike, whatever.

Sounds exactly like a die hard Saints fan circa 2012 and beyond. Welcome to the club

diefree666

Reaction score
with attendance down and tv ratings down and merchandise sales down, the NFL is taking a big hit. and the current Commissioner is part of it; in addition to all the other reasons people are tuning the NFL out.

Kalyan

Reaction score
Yes. On a whim and hidden behind "conduct detrimental to the league".

I tried telling these kids Zeke had no shot here. He's serving 6 games one year or another. Let's make it this year where we have no shot.
I am pissed that Zeke is missing the games but my bigger questions is probably a legal question. The protection to employees should be much better in USA than compared to Middle East, Russia or any of the third world countries.

haleyrules

Reaction score
Sad statement ain't it.

Sepia

Reaction score
I can’t believe I let all those tweets get my hopes up that the courts would do the right thing.

Seems like I keep letting them hoodwink me, only to get disappointed. When I accept that he has no chance, BOOM! He plays.

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
I've had it with the NFL since last year when they didn't take action for the kneelers. As for Ezekiel I honestly haven't followed what's been going on much but I am of the opinion that the NFL has no business being judge, juror, and executioner. The law should be left to the justice system not NFL. If Jerry felt Ezekiel should be suspended that's his right not the NFL. What Roger is doing to the NFL should be criminal. He's killing the golden goose just look at ratings, merchandise, booing fans and these dumb *** owners that support him should sell and go.

Performance wise I don't think Ezekiel will make any difference at all. He's a running back and running backs can be replaced. If it was quarterback, or offensive lineman that would be another thing. We won't miss a beat.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Sad statement ain't it.

Yep, I certainly don't want to feel that way. I want the game I grew up watching and have loved for 35 years back but it isn't going to come back. I'm literally holding on by a string and that's only to the Cowboys. My life used to basically revolve around whatever game was on TV for 7 months out of the year. Now, I couldn't care less and if I happen to miss a Cowboys game, so be it. That was unthinkable for the past 30 years. I mean, Thanksgiving dinner at my mom's house has been at 7:30 for the past 30 years because she knows I'm not missing the game. For the first time ever, I told her any time she want to have dinner is perfectly fine with me.

Bohuntr97

Reaction score
Yep, I certainly don't want to feel that way. I want the game I grew up watching and have loved for 35 years back but it isn't going to come back. I'm literally holding on by a string and that's only to the Cowboys. My life used to basically revolve around whatever game was on TV for 7 months out of the year. Now, I couldn't care less and if I happen to miss a Cowboys game, so be it. That was unthinkable for the past 30 years. I mean, Thanksgiving dinner at my mom's house has been at 7:30 for the past 30 years because she knows I'm not missing the game. For the first time ever, I told her any time she want to have dinner is perfectly fine with me.

Very true. I still make sure to catch the Cowboys game. Detroit and whatever game the NFL throws in, I'm less concerned

haleyrules

Reaction score
Amen. Its not the same game we grew up with. Far from it. That's the real problem we can debate why..but the truth is..its not one thing...but many added together. Loss of hitting and trying to sell sizzle is my pet argument.

haleyrules

Reaction score
I admire the heart felt posts. I really do.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Have to see when the clerk is setting the appeals hearing. This hearing was just for the temporary injunction. If and a big one that the appeals hearing is held next week then he could be able to play next week against Philly. Best thing for Zeke is eventually the case will end up back in Plano to actually hear the case about the supposed DV charge. According to one of the clerks there is that the judge could demand and get all the people involved with the case to Plano (yes, that includes Goodell) to be in Plano for an unspecified amount time while the case is being heard. Wonder how the NFL would like that twist.
Pretty sure it's written in,that if he sits out a single game due to the league's ruling he stays out for the whole 6 game suspension, regardless ,as that's what the whole temporary injunctions, appeals were about, to keep him on the field come game day, he played his string out and lost, concerning the 6 game suspension, not his actual grievance case of a railroad job/vindictive Lynch job that's been orchestrated against him personally and his franchise collaterally o_O
That will prolly happen in the off season where there won't be that much national screen time concerning it.