Move Micah to LB this Off Season

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
This should have been his exit meeting from the coaches before departing Arlington. He should have been told that it may possibly serve him best and it's a need to have him at LB. Having him go up against OT's all game long is going to shorten his career. If Micah is here to do what's best for the team, he should embrace the challenge.

With that said, does anyone feel that Micah as the instincts etc needed to be a full time LB? You have to put in perspective that he'll still be taking a lot of punishment going up against FB's/OG's TE etc, just to point out. Please give your thoughts, it's been mentioned in here daily. Let's put it to rest, what do we do???

Mr_437

Reaction score
Let me meet you halfway on Micah at LB Coog. The DC (DQ or otherwise) must run a 3-4 base defense allowing Micah to be ab OLB. I believe this is how to maximize n preserve #11.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Even if they wanted to, he doesn’t want to play it. He’s had tremendous success rushing the passer and the payday is much larger. The ship has sailed. At best maybe you can use there more but it will never be as much as some want him at the position.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
You optimize MP talents using him as a 3-4 LB.....and he has to give up this notion of sacks over tackles. Use him like he was used as a rookie and looked great. The offense can't predict where he will be and makes double teams or triple teams very difficult. He can wreck havoc on an offense this way, like LT used to do. Not as a normal down DE. Wears out by season's end.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I've been calling for Micah to go back to being a true hybrid player for a while now, but right now you have to just wait. Honestly we don't even know who the DC is going to be in 2024, and I'm not sure if this is a black and white decision on Micah. I think the worst thing you can do is make him 100% DE or 100% LB.

The Cowboys have a very interesting group of DL, depending on who returns of course. They have a lot of tweener body types that they could get creative with their alignments if they wanted to. Honestly I wouldn't hate at all if they ran a mix of 3 and 4 man fronts and have Parsons lining up all over the field. He could literally be MLB, 3-4 style OLB, and DE all in the same game.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Even if they wanted to, he doesn’t want to play it. He’s had tremendous success rushing the passer and the payday is much larger. The ship has sailed. At best maybe you can use there more but it will never be as much as some want him at the position.
You might be 100% right about this, but that's part of a deeper issue. Players should not be able to demand their roles on the team.

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
If Quinn stays, the one huge part of his defense in Seattle was Kam Chancellor. Dallas does not have a force like him that can play run and pass. Finding a guy that can do so, is rare. But a key to the Quinn Scheme. In addition SEA had sure tackling linebackers that could rush the passer on occasion. And some stud interior DL that could hold their own. In comparison you can see why this Dallas D falls flat sometimes. And Micah should play all over not just at DE FWIW.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
If Quinn stays, the one huge part of his defense in Seattle was Kam Chancellor. Dallas does not have a force like him that can play run and pass. Finding a guy that can do so, is rare. But a key to the Quinn Scheme. In addition SEA had sure tackling linebackers that could rush the passer on occasion. And some stud interior DL that could hold their own. In comparison you can see why this Dallas D falls flat sometimes.
I mean you're right about a lot there, but the scheme he played in Seattle and what he's done in Dallas are completely different, especially in the secondary. Dallas plays a man to man scheme, Seattle played mostly cover 3 when DQ was there.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Dude is a 3x All-Pro in his first 3 years. It's hard to use him more optimally than we have been.