Move Micah to LB this Off Season

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I've been calling for Micah to go back to being a true hybrid player for a while now, but right now you have to just wait. Honestly we don't even know who the DC is going to be in 2024, and I'm not sure if this is a black and white decision on Micah. I think the worst thing you can do is make him 100% DE or 100% LB.

The Cowboys have a very interesting group of DL, depending on who returns of course. They have a lot of tweener body types that they could get creative with their alignments if they wanted to. Honestly I wouldn't hate at all if they ran a mix of 3 and 4 man fronts and have Parsons lining up all over the field. He could literally be MLB, 3-4 style OLB, and DE all in the same game.
I can agree, my thing is move him around!!!

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Guys...I got a GREAT idea...let's move a guy's position who was in the running for DPOY 3 straight years!!!!!
Same guy who is BURNED OUT seemingly causing him to be GREAT in the playoffs!!

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
And had 14 sacks on 307 snaps his rookie season. This year he had 16 sacks on 513 snaps.

I get the logic of people wanting him to rush the passer more frequently, but he just seems to be a better player when he gets moved around.
THANK YOU!!!!!

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
So you are judging how he would play the run as an off the ball LB based on how he played DE in an aggressive, penetration first defense?
No I'm just stating how he's playing the run now. But now that you mentioned it, if he just runs straight up the field as an olb in a 3-4 what good is that is all I'm saying. If they go 4 man line I'm really closing my eyes until he learns to go wide and push back in

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He is the same size as Von Miller.
Von Miller is playing his natural position. Parsons comes up laim every game....he isn't a true pass rusher, he's a freak athlete, but the league caught up to his play.

Mobinvans

Reaction score
Micah is 100% a 3-4 linebacker

But the reality is 80% of plays are in the nickel in the league

kskboys

Reaction score
parsons is no lb. he is not good against the run.
Not true. Parsons is a beast against the run if playing downhill. It's when he plays DE w/ his hand in the dirt that he's a nonfactor vs the run. He'd be a beast against the run at LB.

kskboys

Reaction score
If Quinn stays, the one huge part of his defense in Seattle was Kam Chancellor. Dallas does not have a force like him that can play run and pass. Finding a guy that can do so, is rare. But a key to the Quinn Scheme. In addition SEA had sure tackling linebackers that could rush the passer on occasion. And some stud interior DL that could hold their own. In comparison you can see why this Dallas D falls flat sometimes. And Micah should play all over not just at DE FWIW.
Those SEA DLine backups would start for most teams, they were that deep.

Kwyn

Reaction score
So you are judging how he would play the run as an off the ball LB based on how he played DE in an aggressive, penetration first defense?
Dude. Don’t bother. They copy some stats from another post in the Zone and when that doesn’t give them what they need, they go to espn stats.

If you’re expecting them to even understand what “off ball” means, you’re giving them way too much credit

I could post a half dozen threads with absolute nonsense and as long as I was trashing Jerry/Parsons/Dak or god help us Romo and I’d have five plus pages before I got home from work.

Zoners, I general, have a football IQ of around 80. If they can’t find another thread to echo, that number goes down below 70.

kskboys

Reaction score
Dude. Don’t bother. They copy some stats from another post in the Zone and when that doesn’t give them what they need, they go to espn stats.

If you’re expecting them to even understand what “off ball” means, you’re giving them way too much credit

I could post a half dozen threads with absolute nonsense and as long as I was trashing Jerry/Parsons/Dak or god help us Romo and I’d have five plus pages before I got home from work.

Zoners, I general, have a football IQ of around 80. If they can’t find another thread to echo, that number goes down below 70.
Why are you the general?

Ken

Reaction score
Von Miller is playing his natural position. Parsons comes up laim every game....he isn't a true pass rusher, he's a freak athlete, but the league caught up to his play.
So it isn't his size then, it is because it isn't his natural position...gotcha.

So how does he lead the league every year in pass rush rate then?

How exactly has the league caught up to him?

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So it isn't his size then, it is because it isn't his natural position...gotcha.

So how does he lead the league every year in pass rush rate then?

How exactly has the league caught up to him?
If you can't see the drop off, you either don't know what to look for or you don't care to look for it.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
This should have been his exit meeting from the coaches before departing Arlington. He should have been told that it may possibly serve him best and it's a need to have him at LB. Having him go up against OT's all game long is going to shorten his career. If Micah is here to do what's best for the team, he should embrace the challenge.

With that said, does anyone feel that Micah as the instincts etc needed to be a full time LB? You have to put in perspective that he'll still be taking a lot of punishment going up against FB's/OG's TE etc, just to point out. Please give your thoughts, it's been mentioned in here daily. Let's put it to rest, what do we do???
Watch the revisionist history. The only reason Parsons is at DE in a 4-3 is because of injuries prior to the Chargers game his rookie year. Instead of signing back Gregory, who is in the NFC Championship game with the 49ers, and adding quality to the DL positions in the draft and free agency. They continue to play Parsons out of position for a 4-3 defense. He is either at 4-3 MLB/WOLB or a 3-4 OLB.

Anything else is a waste of talent.

Ken

Reaction score
Yup, stats don't tell the whole story. At least, I keep hearing that around d hear....people just use them to push their agendas
Kind of hard for this stat not to tell the story. The argument is that he is not as good as a DE.

There is no spinning that he is #1 in the league in win rate and ALSO double team win rate.

It means that those who say he is out of position are completely wrong.