Move Micah to LB this Off Season

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
He primarily played LB in his rookie year. He won DROY
And had 14 sacks on 307 snaps his rookie season. This year he had 16 sacks on 513 snaps.

I get the logic of people wanting him to rush the passer more frequently, but he just seems to be a better player when he gets moved around.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Micah needs to move to LB more, focus on the RB then the QB. Micah can rush from different gaps to mitigate them running away from him or chipping him so easily.
Still remember a play in year one when he was at MLB and chased Hurts to the sideline from the middle of the field for no gain on a designed run.

Jarntt

Reaction score
Someone finally realized this!!!!! You can't be good against the run when you think every play is a pass and you're running up the field taking yourself out of the play
So you are judging how he would play the run as an off the ball LB based on how he played DE in an aggressive, penetration first defense?

Jarntt

Reaction score
Ideally Dallas adds one or two LBs that have the size, instinct and tackling ability to actually play the position properly against the run on early downs. But the fact is that based on how we ended the year we would have been better off playing Micah at MLB on obvious run downs and moving him up to edge on passing/misc downs. We had other DEs to play the run on run downs. We didn't have adequate LB play in those situations.

Ken

Reaction score
He primarily played LB in his rookie year. He won DROY
He didn't make it to ALL Pro because he was a LB. He made it because his per rush pressure rate was tops in the league.

You may remember complaining that his plays at LB were wasting his effectiveness...were the cries.

phildadon86

Reaction score
He didn't make it to ALL Pro because he was a LB. He made it because his per rush pressure rate was tops in the league.

You may remember complaining that his plays at LB were wasting his effectiveness...were the cries.
I never cried about that. Not once. I loved him as a LB in college. Dont group me in with them

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
You might be 100% right about this, but that's part of a deeper issue. Players should not be able to demand their roles on the team.
A player whose made all pro rushing the passer and where there’s a difference in like 10m per year between being paid as a linebacker and rusher will absolutely voice his opinion and displeasure and try to dictate.

That’s not a cowboys issue, that’s the state of the league

Mikexike

Reaction score
If Quinn stays, the one huge part of his defense in Seattle was Kam Chancellor. Dallas does not have a force like him that can play run and pass. Finding a guy that can do so, is rare. But a key to the Quinn Scheme. In addition SEA had sure tackling linebackers that could rush the passer on occasion. And some stud interior DL that could hold their own. In comparison you can see why this Dallas D falls flat sometimes. And Micah should play all over not just at DE FWIW.
I have a feeling DQ was hoping overshown was his Kam Chancellor...

Mikexike

Reaction score
A player whose made all pro rushing the passer and where there’s a difference in like 10m per year between being paid as a linebacker and rusher will absolutely voice his opinion and displeasure and try to dictate.

That’s not a cowboys issue, that’s the state of the league
Is there a Cap on how much u can pay a LB? Can you pay a LB the same as a DE?

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Someone finally realized this!!!!! You can't be good against the run when you think every play is a pass and you're running up the field taking yourself out of the play
Oh brother! What's qualifies you to say this?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Let me meet you halfway on Micah at LB Coog. The DC (DQ or otherwise) must run a 3-4 base defense allowing Micah to be ab OLB. I believe this is how to maximize n preserve #11.
But to be honest he'll be doing the same things basically, I hope they just don't have him rushing like they insult mainly did Ware, ware didn't drop into coverage much

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
You optimize MP talents using him as a 3-4 LB.....and he has to give up this notion of sacks over tackles. Use him like he was used as a rookie and looked great. The offense can't predict where he will be and makes double teams or triple teams very difficult. He can wreck havoc on an offense this way, like LT used to do. Not as a normal down DE. Wears out by season's end.
I don't agree with this we usually keep him rushing from one side, if we're smart we disguise it like we should be doing to keep the offense guessing! But in all fairness he's still going to be going up against OT all game