Move Tyler Smith to LT and play Issac Alracon at LG

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I think he is definitely right. Smith needs to be replaced.

Well, not if he's healthy. But if he's injured, then yeah, we gotta replace him..

Position flex.. that's why we brought in Smith Jr.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Dude definitely has strength to push LOS forward and create running lanes.
Yup. He's a big Dude that has tools. The few times I have seen him in a game he looked the part.We have nothing to lose to give him meaningful reps in camp. Let's see how he does. We are playing with house money.

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
Yup. He's a big Dude that has tools. The few times I have seen him in a game he looked the part.We have nothing to lose to give him meaningful reps in camp. Let's see how he does. We are playing with house money.

He also has few seasons under him so having experience maybe gives him an edge over the rookies!

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
And you know this how?

spongebob-squarepants-spongebob.gif

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Agree. HECK, he is better than Ball is.

I'll agree to that, but I'm not sure Tyler is ready to handle LT. I hope he can, but I think he's more suited to LG. I think Waletzko is likely the fill in for a couple games. Mind you, who knows who will emerge through camp. I certainly hope that Alarcon makes the team. That would be cool. However, I could also see someone like Lindstrom, a depth C, potentially take the LG spot at some point. I could also see them signing someone off waivers if needed. The puzzle has yet to be solved.

kskboys

Reaction score
From what I have seen, read and heard about this kid, I would tend to disagree with you. All indications are he is a pure, but very raw, LT that needs time to learn how to play the position correctly. His size, strength and mauler nature fits best at OG, for now. But proper coaching should allow him to transition to LT, unless he's the next Zack Martin at OG, than he may not ever move.
What are these indications you are referring to?

Has athletic limitations and lacks recovery ability. That's what makes me(and most scouts, BTW) think he'll remain at OG. And, BTW, I believe he'll be a monster at OG.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
They should just let the OP start his troll threads in the overtime zone.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Alarcon isn't anywhere near NFL ready by any stretch of the imagination, for guard or tackle.

Maybe in another year or two he'll be to backup level....