Movie Characters You Just Hate

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Sometimes we all enjoy the bad guys more than the good guys. For instance Darth Vader. It can't be helped.

But there are times when you hate someone in a movie so much it is almost all too real. For instance, The Sheriff of Nottingham in any version of Robin Hood is going to be hated.

Who are the movie characters you just loathed?

Mine is Bruce Dern for his role as Asa Watts in "The Cowboys." I wanted him to rot in hell after his character killed John Wayne's character. As Mr. Andersen was kicking his butt in a fight I was beyond excited, but then the cold blooded way he shot him and left him to die had me boiling. When the boys let the horse drag him to his death I literally cheered.

SaltwaterServr

Blank Paper Offends Me
Reaction score
The protagonist from District 9. I was hoping he was dead after the initial raid. ******.

The long-haired kid from Dazed and Confused, the baseball pitcher? Another character that got on my nerves.

As far as characters I couldn't wait to see get their comeuppance, Mohammed Abu Shabal from Act of Valor. He manipulates those around him, and from the first scene in you want him dead.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Hostile;4438222 said:
Sometimes we all enjoy the bad guys more than the good guys. For instance Darth Vader. It can't be helped.

But there are times when you hate someone in a movie so much it is almost all too real. For instance, The Sheriff of Nottingham in any version of Robin Hood is going to be hated.

Not true, I just LOVED Alan Rickman as the Sheriff in the Kevin Costner version... he was fargin' hilarious...

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
ScipioCowboy;4438231 said:
Colonel Tavington in The Patriot.

I was thinking hard and couldn't come up with one, but you sure did... good call...

Shadowy329

Reaction score
First thing that jumped to mind after reading the title was anything and everything Tyler Perry.

I'm sure theres plenty more but it's 3am and I can't think.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I remember when Paul Reiser's character got it in Aliens, the whole theater cheered.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
Little Bill Daggett...Gene Hackman

Unforgiven

Emperor Commodus......Joaquin Phoenix

Gladiator

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
A little off the beaten path here and not really a "villain", but what about Jenny from "Forrest Gump"? Extremely selfish and never gives Forrest the time of day until she's sick.

burmafrd

Reaction score
CowboyMike;4438306 said:
Jar Jar Binks.

rats you beat me to it. That Charactor I wanted dead more than just about any I have ever wanted to see die slow and ugly.

jimmy40

Reaction score
Saving_Private_Ryan_09.jpg

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Heisenberg;4438292 said:
A little off the beaten path here and not really a "villain", but what about Jenny from "Forrest Gump"? Extremely selfish and never gives Forrest the time of day until she's sick.

laughing-smiley-004.gif
That's a good one.

kimrose

Reaction score
Dallas;4438289 said:
Emperor Commodus......Joaquin Phoenix

Gladiator

This one is the winner so far with me. Probably couldn't think of anyone who deserved it more.

I just woke up, so can't think too clearly, but the first one that popped in my mind is Wes Hightower from Urban Cowboy. Couldn't stand him.

Oh, just thought of another one. Scar. He deserved what he got.

Oh, and so did Lord Voldemort.

These are not as good as Commodus, though. He's still the winner.:cool:

kimrose

Reaction score
VietCowboy;4438422 said:
Dolores Umbridge in Harry Potter

Forgot about her. Another good one. I think she may have been more evil than Voldemort.

Phoenix

Reaction score
Idgit;4438285 said:
I remember when Paul Reiser's character got it in Aliens, the whole theater cheered.

First one I thought of too