Moving on to New Orleans Saints

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Both of us are coming off of wins, who do they have that we should be worried about?

wecasa

Reaction score
They played the worst team in the nfl, we played a good to better than average team - I like our chances
My sons an avid panther fan and he doesn't know how they could be worse than last year... I agree, New Orleans got a 4th preseason game. Welcome to Arlington saints.

Jipper

Reaction score
My sons an avid panther fan and he doesn't know how they could be worse than last year... I agree, New Orleans got a 4th preseason game. Welcome to Arlington saints.
I live in the charlotte metro just south of the border - the fans here are miserable…

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
The Saints have some players, but I don't love their team at all. I didn't watch any of their game yesterday, the score looked impressive, but it was also to the worst team in the league so I wont put much into it either way. Coming into the year I thought Cleveland was a dangerous 1st game, but NO would be a pretty safe game for the Cowboys.

My thoughts are the Cowboys should control the trenches on both sides of the ball. Their DT group is pretty weak and the Cowboys are likely able to get those 4 yard Zeke runs all day long on 1st down. Carr is probably underappreciated as a QB, but still far from elite.

Yesterday against Carolina they had a DB with 3 sacks. That tells me they needed to bring extra guys often to get pressure, and while they got there Dak is known to be very good against the blitz and is going to pick it up better than it seems Bryce Young did yesterday. Across the board this just feel like a mismatch in the Cowboys favor. On offense they have Kamara and Olave. I wouldn't be surprised at all if they moved Olave around quite a bit and tried to get him matched up on Carson and Brown often. Kamara is going to be used a lot for screens/draws to try and slow down the pass rush. For these reasons I can see some chunk gains for the Saints but I dont see a ton of consistent sustainable yards unless the Cowboys just dont show up.

Defensively they have a nice secondary and that is probably the one area the Saints may have an advantage. They are one of the few teams in the league who might have the ability to double Lamb all game and still have the depth to match up with the rest of the Cowboys receivers, especially assuming Ferg is out. Their pass rush on paper is solid with Cam Jordan, Chase Young, and Granderson who is probably underappreciated around the league, but I think all of those guys are in the category of good not great.

Both teams probably go into this game looking at how they can run the football. In the end Ill say the Cowboys win by 14.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
Carr looked really good yesterday. Probably the most comfortable I've seen him in a Saints uniform.

Love the back end of their defense, which includes the Honey Badger. Allen did a great job of getting them involved on the blitz yesterday and I believe Alontae Taylor had 3 sacks. We are familiar with guys like Cam Jordan and Alvin Kamara and the challenges they can pose. Two young receivers that I do like, but believe that we can cover. The new regime is also finding ways to use Taysom Hill, who was seemingly all over the field yesterday.

I say all of this to say they dominated a hopeless Panthers team, which may be worse than last years team.

Rayman70

Reaction score
We need to contend with Kamara and Shaheed. If we contain them, and do what we do, we win.

Havic

Reaction score
Lattimore, dude will probably snag a pick off dak. I think we win this game. Contain kamara, don’t fall for taysoms gadget plays and force Carr to throw.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Saints are very similar to Cleveland except they are healthy. Gonna be a tough game. Saints have talent but they seem to be built off of free agents. We just have play our game.