Moving on to New Orleans Saints

Texasfootball21

Reaction score
Cowboys should be highly motivated to get that monkey off their back at home!
Defend the Star!
Let's Go Cowboys!
:flagwave:

exciter

Reaction score
The Saints have some players, but I don't love their team at all. I didn't watch any of their game yesterday, the score looked impressive, but it was also to the worst team in the league so I wont put much into it either way. Coming into the year I thought Cleveland was a dangerous 1st game, but NO would be a pretty safe game for the Cowboys.

My thoughts are the Cowboys should control the trenches on both sides of the ball. Their DT group is pretty weak and the Cowboys are likely able to get those 4 yard Zeke runs all day long on 1st down. Carr is probably underappreciated as a QB, but still far from elite.

Yesterday against Carolina they had a DB with 3 sacks. That tells me they needed to bring extra guys often to get pressure, and while they got there Dak is known to be very good against the blitz and is going to pick it up better than it seems Bryce Young did yesterday. Across the board this just feel like a mismatch in the Cowboys favor. On offense they have Kamara and Olave. I wouldn't be surprised at all if they moved Olave around quite a bit and tried to get him matched up on Carson and Brown often. Kamara is going to be used a lot for screens/draws to try and slow down the pass rush. For these reasons I can see some chunk gains for the Saints but I dont see a ton of consistent sustainable yards unless the Cowboys just dont show up.

Defensively they have a nice secondary and that is probably the one area the Saints may have an advantage. They are one of the few teams in the league who might have the ability to double Lamb all game and still have the depth to match up with the rest of the Cowboys receivers, especially assuming Ferg is out. Their pass rush on paper is solid with Cam Jordan, Chase Young, and Granderson who is probably underappreciated around the league, but I think all of those guys are in the category of good not great.

Both teams probably go into this game looking at how they can run the football. In the end Ill say the Cowboys win by 14.
Alotae Taylor. He had a pff of 45 last season giving up 75 receptions (most for a slot) on 113 targets.
What do you do with a corner with 4.3 speed who can’t cover vs a QB with no concept of hot reads or how to play the position when he isn’t a superior athlete in college anymore?

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Heck is wrong with you man, you can't believe I think, where did I think, I didn't even @jazzcat22 ask for thoughts. You must have woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning, maybe you need to get stronger coffee. Let's restart this comment, better yet I'll buy the coffee!!!!

It's a simple question that I didn't think would be this problematic, as EVERY team has, they have players on this team you must look out for, in football terms (not sure if you ever heard of this) "game plan", every team isn't going to be the Browns where we just walk all over them and not have any competition seemingly.
I agree, but most people had us losing to the Browns. I imagine the same people saying the same thing about the Saints. I don’t think we destroy them as bad as the Browns, but it’s a home game and we should be victorious by the end of the third quarter, it should be well in hand

Filaphill

Reaction score
How does the Cowboys defense fair against a zone run blocking system like the 49ers run. The new Saints defensive coordinator acquired from the 49ers runs a zone blocking scheme and the play calling is similar to what the 49ers do as far as motions, pre-snap motions, play action roll outs and boot legs.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Both of us are coming off of wins, who do they have that we should be worried about?
If we get pressure on Carr we win this game. He had an eternity to throw those bombs deep. Pressure Carr and keep Kamara in check we win.

Filaphill

Reaction score
If we get pressure on Carr we win this game. He had an eternity to throw those bombs deep. Pressure Carr and keep Kamara in check we win.
There were 3 deep passes Carr threw, he connected 1 out of the 3. The one deep pass Carr connnected with Shaheed he was hit on the play. All of the of the other passes were short to mid field, they were quick efficient passes that lead to 1st downs or 3-5 yard gains. The Saints run game was the winning factor against the Carolina defense.