Moving on to New Orleans Saints

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I live in the charlotte metro just south of the border - the fans here are miserable…
They should be........Young is not far from using the B word and their owner is going to fire someone real soon. lol

Creeper

Reaction score
I didn't see the game yet, but it look to me to be one of those games that happen every now and then. The Saints ran for 180 yards, but that's to be expected when the score is that lopsided. They threw for just under 200.

Every game is a different situation. I don't think the Saints are as good as they looked against the Panthers. I don't think the Panthers are as bad as they looked against the Saints.

I do think the Saints offense is going to challenge the Cowboys defense more than the Browns did. I think any team on the schedule could make it difficult for Dallas because Dallas has been known to fall for their own headlines and play a bad game from time to time.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I didn't see the game yet, but it look to me to be one of those games that happen every now and then. The Saints ran for 180 yards, but that's to be expected when the score is that lopsided. They threw for just under 200.

Every game is a different situation. I don't think the Saints are as good as they looked against the Panthers. I don't think the Panthers are as bad as they looked against the Saints.

I do think the Saints offense is going to challenge the Cowboys defense more than the Browns did. I think any team on the schedule could make it difficult for Dallas because Dallas has been known to fall for their own headlines and play a bad game from time to time.
If they ran for that much, we will see how improved this Run D is!!! I saw that Hill ran for some yards, going to have to stop him as well

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Stop the run, or contain it somewhat. Cover Olave, even if they need to roll coverage to where he lines up, if he gets open too often at the start.

Establish the run, control the clock. Obviously.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
Stop the run, or contain it somewhat. Cover Olave, even if they need to roll coverage to where he lines up, if he gets open too often at the start.

OLave was well covered he had 2-3 catches for 20 yards ( I had him in FF and lost , LOL ) but we need to match up with other WRs and especially RBs , the big uglies and LBs need to control the run game and make Carr hold the ball so Micah , D law can get there and put on a beating.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Both of us are coming off of wins, who do they have that we should be worried about?
Come on man, the Saints were at home and had the worst team in the league come to them. I can't believe you think their win was as good as our win as if they canceled each other out. I give no respect to the saints. By halftime, they should be slaughtered.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

I don't think he did much this past game, but he surely is a threat we better keep an eye on!!!!!! Establish the run, and play action/slant pass Ceedee Lamb to death!!! Even if you have to force it :facepalm: :facepalm: :rolleyes: :muttley:

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Come on man, the Saints were at home and had the worst team in the league come to them. I can't believe you think their win was as good as our win as if they canceled each other out. I give no respect to the saints. By halftime, they should be slaughtered.
Heck is wrong with you man, you can't believe I think, where did I think, I didn't even @jazzcat22 ask for thoughts. You must have woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning, maybe you need to get stronger coffee. Let's restart this comment, better yet I'll buy the coffee!!!!

It's a simple question that I didn't think would be this problematic, as EVERY team has, they have players on this team you must look out for, in football terms (not sure if you ever heard of this) "game plan", every team isn't going to be the Browns where we just walk all over them and not have any competition seemingly.

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I am not buying NO being a juggernaut after one game against Carolina. So could this be a low scoring affair? Or do they duke it out through the air and score a ton? Pressure on Carr will wilt the man I believe and pressure he will get unlike in Carolina. We are still learning our team through 5 or 6 more games before we get a better idea of their identity. Until then Go Cowboys!!!!!

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Heck is wrong with you man, you can't believe I think, where did I think, I didn't even @jazzcat22 ask for thoughts. You must have woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning, maybe you need to get stronger coffee. Let's restart this comment, better yet I'll buy the coffee!!!!

It's a simple question that I didn't think would be this problematic, as EVERY team has, they have players on this team you must look out for, in football terms (not sure if you ever heard of this) "game plan", every team isn't going to be the Browns where we just walk all over them and not have any competition seemingly.
Please forgive me for accusing you of the ability to think. I ask for your forgiveness.

The Saints pose no threat to the Cowboys. I suggest the coach give the players a week off to relax and unwind. Just show up on Sunday to whip New Orleans in our house.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Im ready to move on as I am flying in to Dallas at noon on Saturday. Let the party begin early. Sucks with the early start time though. Very little time for pregame festivities.

Bagman

Reaction score
The Saints have some players, but I don't love their team at all. I didn't watch any of their game yesterday, the score looked impressive, but it was also to the worst team in the league so I wont put much into it either way. Coming into the year I thought Cleveland was a dangerous 1st game, but NO would be a pretty safe game for the Cowboys.

My thoughts are the Cowboys should control the trenches on both sides of the ball. Their DT group is pretty weak and the Cowboys are likely able to get those 4 yard Zeke runs all day long on 1st down. Carr is probably underappreciated as a QB, but still far from elite.

Yesterday against Carolina they had a DB with 3 sacks. That tells me they needed to bring extra guys often to get pressure, and while they got there Dak is known to be very good against the blitz and is going to pick it up better than it seems Bryce Young did yesterday. Across the board this just feel like a mismatch in the Cowboys favor. On offense they have Kamara and Olave. I wouldn't be surprised at all if they moved Olave around quite a bit and tried to get him matched up on Carson and Brown often. Kamara is going to be used a lot for screens/draws to try and slow down the pass rush. For these reasons I can see some chunk gains for the Saints but I dont see a ton of consistent sustainable yards unless the Cowboys just dont show up.

Defensively they have a nice secondary and that is probably the one area the Saints may have an advantage. They are one of the few teams in the league who might have the ability to double Lamb all game and still have the depth to match up with the rest of the Cowboys receivers, especially assuming Ferg is out. Their pass rush on paper is solid with Cam Jordan, Chase Young, and Granderson who is probably underappreciated around the league, but I think all of those guys are in the category of good not great.

Both teams probably go into this game looking at how they can run the football. In the end Ill say the Cowboys win by 14.
Excellent analysis. Pretty spot on !

Blackspider214

Reaction score
They played the worst team in the nfl, we played a good to better than average team - I like our chances
Deshaun Watson was no better than Bryce Young, though. He had one good season in Houston and since then has been terrible. He's not the guy he was in Clemson/Houston. Browns have some offensive weapons but Watson can't utilize them because he is terrible.

I do agree that the Browns would most likely beat the Panthers on a neutral field but I don't even think the Browns will be average, much less good.

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Saints looked pretty dam good putting up 47 points yesterday. Our offense needs to take a step forward this week.
,,, and there you have it. This offense can't be stumbling out the gate and turn in another craptastic performance, the defense may need some help! Everybody remembers the Arizona Cardinal game we were supposed to breeze thru last year.

rambo2

Reaction score
,,, and there you have it. This offense can't be stumbling out the gate and turn in another craptastic performance, the defense may need some help! Everybody remembers the Arizona Cardinal game we were supposed to breeze thru last year.
The Cowboys will win.

CowboysRule

Reaction score
That Arizona game still bothers me. I still don't understand why we were just going all out to rush the passer every single play from the very start while they were just running it straight up the middle and gashing us. They seemed to adapt a little at half-time but by then it was too late.