Moving past 2021, Cowboys' Dak Prescott welcomes offseason focused on growth, not recovery

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
I think what Beck was saying is that WHEN Dak's feet are properly aligned and clean then he can deliver strikes.. which we have seen repeatedly. At least that's the way I took it. It's the off platform stuff that is not consistent. Up until this year he was the best on the run thrower I'd ever seen. This season he had become deadly from the pocket as well... Right up to the point of the calf injury.. When he came back from that he was not the same player I don't care what he says. That thing knocked him off kilter and he never really got it 100% back. It would show up occasionally but it was never consistent after New England. I assume a full offseason dedicated to his mechanics and footwork will get him back to where he was in games 1-6. Obviously though the real key is keeping him at that level for 17 games and the playoffs. I'm not going to sit here and tell you I know how to do that.. But if they can figure it out we're going to the Super Bowl..

Dude, you exaggerate to much! lol

WHEN Dak's feet are properly aligned and clean then he can deliver strikes...lol.

Up until this year he was the best on the run thrower I'd ever seen. lol. When did you start watching football?

This season he had become deadly from the pocket as well... lol. There are fans and then there and Super fans and if you think Dak at any time was deadly from the pocket I would get them eyeballs checked out.

Brax

Reaction score
I think what Beck was saying is that WHEN Dak's feet are properly aligned and clean then he can deliver strikes.. which we have seen repeatedly. At least that's the way I took it. It's the off platform stuff that is not consistent. Up until this year he was the best on the run thrower I'd ever seen. This season he had become deadly from the pocket as well... Right up to the point of the calf injury.. When he came back from that he was not the same player I don't care what he says. That thing knocked him off kilter and he never really got it 100% back. It would show up occasionally but it was never consistent after New England. I assume a full offseason dedicated to his mechanics and footwork will get him back to where he was in games 1-6. Obviously though the real key is keeping him at that level for 17 games and the playoffs. I'm not going to sit here and tell you I know how to do that.. But if they can figure it out we're going to the Super Bowl..
May take another 7 seasons but he may get there.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
“The in-season is not that important, I guess you can say, as much as the offseason is,” Prescott said during the season. “But yeah, I look forward to getting back to him [when] the offseason happens.”

Prescott credits Beck and 3DQB as part of the foundation to his success. While his pregame warm-up became a viral sensation, the details of the program helped further Prescott’s game. Last offseason, however, they could not do everything they wanted because of Prescott’s recovery from the ankle injury.

“Everything had to involve rehab,” said Beck, who will not return to the Jets. “Like in the beginning there were days that we couldn’t have him on his feet going through a normal work day. We had to do things that took him off his feet and be strategic on how we’d work some rotational abilities, his balance, his mechanics without requiring too much from his leg and ankle too soon.”

Considering the detail involved in the position of the shoulder relative to the hips and the torque required to make certain throws, there was only so much they could do.

“Dak by nature is a pusher,” Beck said. “He’s going to push the envelope. He’s going to try to come back sooner, ‘Hey, I’m feeling good. Let’s go.’ But you’ve got to be smart with it.”

Most of the power comes from Prescott’s right leg, although not every throw requires the same amount of strength. A lot of the work Prescott goes through is to simulate game situations so the unnatural can become natural.

“Dak is wired that way to have great feet and be as clean as possible,” Beck said.

The goal last offseason was to get Prescott back to where he was before the injury. Now the goal is to make him better than he has ever been, “even if it’s by just one percent,” Beck said.

The workouts bounce between the Dallas area, including Prescott’s backyard turf field, and California. The time on field varies. Sometimes teammates will be on hand with Prescott putting together trips to build a better rapport on and off the field.

“I know he’s excited to have an offseason that feels like his normal offseason,” Beck said.

Moving past 2021, Cowboys' Dak Prescott welcomes offseason focused on growth, not recovery - Dallas Cowboys Blog- ESPN

Consistent with my impression. Dak has been very good about improving in the offseason, but the ankle injury set his career back a couple of seasons.

Blackrain

Reaction score
We are sooooo lucky to have such a great player leading us!!!!

200.gif
I get it You're the dingbat in the background making us all want to hang ourselves reading your posts.

phildadon86

Reaction score
“Dak is wired that way to have great feet and be as clean as possible,” Beck said..........I suggest they troubleshoot that area because it looks like faulty wiring to a lot of us
I was about to say. His footwork his one of this biggest problems lol

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Feet? Somebody mention his feet?

Yeah, good idea, use them because when he was using them, he was a better QB. He is never going to be the prototypical pocket QB like Aikman. That has never and will never be his game.

He was a handful for DC's and D's when he was a dual threat but that ankle and then the calf made him one dimensional and far easy to defend.

If they want to get 40M in value out of him, put 15M on his feet.

shabazz

Reaction score
I was about to say. His footwork his one of this biggest problems lol

Dak does have strengths but footwork isn’t one of them. If theses journalist did their homework they could find many of Dak attributes instead of making up ones that he doesn’t have.

shabazz

Reaction score

Yeah, good idea, use them because when he was using them, he was a better QB. He is never going to be the prototypical pocket QB like Aikman. That has never and will never be his game.

He was a handful for DC's and D's when he was a dual threat but that ankle and then the calf made him one dimensional and far easy to defend.

……perfectly lucid comment, but in this forum it qualifies as hating. Constructive, honest criticism is becoming obsolete

Calvin2Tony2Emmitt2Julius

Reaction score
Dumb QBs don’t win SBs.

This is a new narrative

What about Dak Prescott says Dumb. Seriously? Dak doesn't hang out with dumb people. He doesn't in any way present himself as dumb.

In fact he graduated before he was supposed to and has a Masters and is working on a PhD.

Football wise, He mastered Kellen Moore's playbook, Is killer in beating the blitz

So again I sincerely ask you What about Dak Prescott says Dumb

McMahon has a Super Bowl, Bradshaw has a Super Bowl

Maybe it's just your way of digging at someone you don't like

But it's highly disrespectful and down right insulting (Not that it matters to Dak as he slips into a Bed full of money)

IT's a falsehood, like most of the ish you post

morat1959

Reaction score
Dumb QBs don’t win SBs.

This is a new narrative

What about Dak Prescott says Dumb. Seriously? Dak doesn't hang out with dumb people. He doesn't in any way present himself as dumb.

In fact he graduated before he was supposed to and has a Masters and is working on a PhD.

Football wise, He mastered Kellen Moore's playbook, Is killer in beating the blitz

But it's highly disrespectful and down right insulting (Not that it matters to Dak as he slips into a Bed full of money)

Did I step on your little Dak tippy toes? Get your blankie and go to bed. Maybe you can dream enough IQ into yours and Dak’s head to read a defense. Did you and your fan boy star in dumb and dumber?

RonnieT24

Reaction score

This is a fair assessment.. but I would add that Dak's ability to be a dual threat makes him potentially BETTER than Aikman was. After a couple of back and knee surgeries he lost most of the athleticism he came into the league with and it rendered him all but useless once the line in front of him started to fail. People think Dak looked bad at times this past season should go watch some film of late 90's and 2000 Troy. He was frequently terrible once Emmitt was no longer dominant and the line couldn't block for him. His last 4 playoff games he threw 2 TDs and 8 INTs. My point is, any criticism about being "one dimensional and easy to defend" hurled at Dak goes double or triple for Troy Aikman. We all saw Dak run away from or simply shrug off probably 50 sacks this year even as he was coming back from the ankle surgery. My hope is that with another year of that thing in the rear view mirror he gets back to being a dual threat. If he doesn't, he's still a good enough passer to win 60-70% of his games beating patsies.. but he needs that extra element to beat good teams. IMHO of course.

Unlike some I have not declared that "he will never be" when it comes to passing. He has already improved by leaps and bounds since entering the league and I am not enough of an expert to declare "okay he can't get any better" like so many here do. I also don't believe it. Unless he starts to break down physically I expect Dak to continue to get better as a passer for another 8-10 years.. Mainly because of reps and game experience. Eventually he will reach full Jedi status like Romo did.. and hopefully he will do so before his body betrays him as happened with Romo. If he does he will lead this team to a championship and will look good doing it.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Dumb QBs don’t win SBs.

This is a new narrative

It's a troll post man.. Don't get sucked in..