Mr. Brady come on down

doomsday9084

Reaction score
If Tannehill is worth it, why do the Titans give up on him?

The stuff in the papers is all over on him. That said, I see no indication that the Titans would give him $30m per year and definitely won't include the Cowboy's endorsement bonus.

Either they tag him or Dallas could sign him. If Dak won't sign for $33m per year, why would Tannehill sign for the rumored $25m per year they are offering?

CowboysRule

Reaction score
Name one of his receivers not named Edelman.
They traded for Mohammed Sanu and they are high on N'keal Harry. James White is basically a receiver. He had Josh Gordon for awhile and he's always played well with Phillip Dorsett. It's not like he has practice squad guys out there running routes. He lost Gronk, that was it.

IheartRomo

Reaction score
You're saying that when he's 1 year removed from a Superbowl and played on a team with virtually no weapons. Also, playing in the cold north east in the elements doesn't help.

Put him in a dome, behind our Oline, Zeke, and our WR's.. At worst he's Dak.. At best you may have a QB sniffing 35-40 TD passes a year.

The moment Brady walks through that door everything changes. The bar raises for everyone in that organization.

There is no "at worst" with a near 45 year-old. The pit is bottomless. Overnight Brady could become Peyton Manning of 2015 (lowest rated passer in the game) or worse. We do not have the defense/ST at this moment to support that level of incomprehensible QB play.

Players don't play (and certainly not well) through their mid-40s for a reason.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
There is no "at worst" with a near 45 year-old. The pit is bottomless. Overnight Brady could become Peyton Manning of 2015 (lowest rated passer in the game) or worse. We do not have the defense/ST at this moment to support that level of incomprehensible QB play.

Players don't play (and certainly not well) through their mid-40s for a reason.

Im fine with the risk not working out.. That means we get to draft a QB.

I just don’t want to be locked into mediocrity with a QB that requires a perfect team around him and also wants to be paid like he is a top 3 player at his position because market..

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
I doubt anyone exclaiming Brady is done has really watched him beyond the recaps.

Over his career the one knock against him was that IF you could frustrate him he would get rattled. Given his talent and intelligence typically the only way to rattle him is to hit him.

Last season was the epitomy of frustration for Brady. Lost key members of o-line and his best and really only WR's right out of the gate. His #1 target playing through injury. From superstar to not much at TE.

Experience, knowledge, pocket presence, passing ability are solidly in Brady's favor over Dak.

From a 'who gives us the best chance this season' perspective... Brady does and it's not even close.

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
Brady...rivers....Stafford....Winston...Bridgewater....Kapernick....Manziel....Newton....Keemun....
Did we miss any washed up, chronic underachiever, or otherwise bad but possibly available QBs....?
Mods can we merge all these posts into one super thread labeled...”fantasies and bad ideas about our QB situation”?
How about merging any threads that isn't praising Dak, or at least all threads that don't have the words Dak and 40 million in it :cool:

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Worth a watch here and this move if it happens would put us in Superbowl contention!
No it wouldn't. The problems on defense and special teams still exist. At this point there are a lot of people questioning if Brady would even be an upgrade.

Hiring McCarthy, fixing the special teams and defense goes MUCH further towards putting the Cowboys back in the SB than signing TB12.

Adreme

Reaction score

I just don’t want to be locked into mediocrity with a QB that requires a perfect team around him and also wants to be paid like he is a top 3 player at his position because market..

Drafting a QB typically doesn't work out. The average for a first round QB over the past decade is Mitch Trubisky (actually he might be slightly above average) and you can't win with that.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Which QBs do not require a "perfect team"?

Of course, I think saying he requires a "perfect team" is a sizable exaggeration, but aside from that, how many QBs in the game do not need significant talent around them to win? Brady has been able to overcome some deficiencies over the years, but may not be able to now. Same for Rodgers and Brees, although they were more productive than Brady this past season. Russell Wilson is still at the top of his game, and, of course, there is Mahomes

So, 5 QBs that have proven in the past to be capable of overcoming some team deficiencies, 2 of whom are in their 40's, another into his late 30's and another in his 30's …

So, do you scrap a guy that has proven to be able to win games hoping to get one of these needle in a haystack talents, knowing that the odds are greater you will hurt your team in the attempt?

As for being paid like a top 3 player at the position, I'm constantly amazed that people think pay is purely a position ranking and have no concept that market conditions change all the time, and as a result, pay rates. If Dak does get paid more than all but a couple of QB's, that won't be a statement that he is better than all but those couple of guys, it will simply be the state of the market for QB's at the time that Dak is up for a new contract.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Here's what Bob Sturm has to say about this idea...

"I also will not entertain the silliness of courting a 43-year old QB who most likely will never leave New England and makes no sense in Dallas with only two or three percent of his career left (and far from the best two or three percent)."

/threadend

Dallasfann

Reaction score
Get Brady in here for around 30 mill for the next 2 years, tell him to call up Gronk. Then call Dak's agent and tell him good luck getting your Chunky soup commercials playing for the Jaguars. Draft a QB with at least one elite talent and let's go make some noise next season!

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
So you're saying a signing is now inevitable

Not so. I'm merely saying Stephen isn't open to signing Tom Brady.

That comes by way of him publicly stating as much, just this week.

He has stated in the past that his concentration is on Dak however.

Last edited:

GMO415

Reaction score
Bwahaha. A 41 year old learning a whole new offense? Absurd

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Sweet, Brady plays defense too? Right on. Hopefully he can tackle, intercept a pass and stop the run.
I'm not sure if some of y'all watch the games or just see numbers and go from there. Look at the D against playoff teams compared to the O and get back to me.

erod

Reaction score
wait what? what does the opposing quarterback's performance have to do with our offense and that the scheme was FINE lol cmon man. Maher was the worst kicker in the league, he had a 66.7% success rate and we kept him after his poor game against chicago. Our starting field position was amongst the worst across the league as well. If you can't stop the QBs you mentioned, how do you expect to even compete. We couldn't stop a mobile QB, let alone one in his second game coming back from Mono. Ridiculous how you don't blame the defense or special teams.
We had three full games without scoring a single touchdown. Plus a few others with only one, and even more without a TD until it didn't matter anymore.

He's about the worst red zone quarterback in the NFL.

erod

Reaction score
They traded for Mohammed Sanu and they are high on N'keal Harry. James White is basically a receiver. He had Josh Gordon for awhile and he's always played well with Phillip Dorsett. It's not like he has practice squad guys out there running routes. He lost Gronk, that was it.
That is a horrible crew. About the worst in football.

erod

Reaction score
That’s been the case for much of his career.

He’s always made mediocre players look better than they are.
And remember when he got Moss? Great googly moogly.

I know it's not going to happen, but imagine Brady with solid protection and Cooper, Gallup, Cobb, Jarwin, Pollard, and Zeke to throw the ball to.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Honestly, I wouldn't mind seeing the Cowboys making a potential deal for New Orleans' backup QB Taysom Hill to compete for a starting QB position. Of course, they'd most likely not be in favor of parting with him. Sean Payton already intends for him to replace Drew Brees when he retires. Taysom Hill wants to start now, if possible.

Last edited:

IheartRomo

Reaction score

That's fair. I guess I'm pessimistic about Brady at this point given his play this year (admittedly with a weak cast) and his shockingly advanced age. If we decide to let Dak walk (unlikely), I'd rather begin the process of finding the next QB via the draft and would rather sign a stop gap younger FA QB myself.