Mr. Brady come on down

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I said to potentially compete with Dak. If he didn't compete with him, he'd be relegated to backup status. He'd surely beat out Rush.

There isn’t any way possible a gadget player who’s played very little QB is going to compete with Dak for the starting job. That’s crazy talk! Taysom Hill wouldn’t be able to beat out Cooper Rush for the backup job. Hill has only completed 6 passes in three seasons for no TDs. His career passer rating is a laughable 46.6. Some of you are so infatuated by everything he can do well that you think he can be an every down QB. I’ll go on record right now saying no team will ever use him as an every down QB. You would have to design a gimmick offense around him where he’s lined up at several different positions. You would have to go back to the Broncos playbook from a decade ago to see how they used Tebow. I’m becoming convinced some of you don’t want the Cowboys to be successful and win a championship.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Tom Brady showed signs of age last year. He wasn't very accurate, his arm looked weaker than it has, he completed a just barely over 60% of his passes and a QB rating of 88 and a QBR of 53.

This isn't an endorsement of Dak. It's simply a reality that Brady likely isn't the Brady of 4 years ago.
It is hard to tell what he has left with the weapons he had. I did not think he looked very good either but he really had little to work with and their offense was designed for the underneath pass. Was that due to Brady's age and ability or their weapons?

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Cowherd has been banging the Brady-to-Dallas drum for a couple weeks, but I suspect the OP is not going to be happy about the QB the Jones Boys ultimately sign.

E6.gif

zerofill

Reaction score
Ahhh Brady had absolutely no offense to play with so Brady won games despite that deficiency.
Imagine Brady behind this line with all the weapons this team has.

Yeah I have no doubt who would win in training camp if it was a competition between the two (Dak / Brady).

Problem is, being 43 at the start of the season... I mean... man... that is going to be one short contract.
I mean it could be magic, but it won't be a long run.

Can say one thing... Brady holds people accountable... If you don't want to win, he has a problem with you.

zerofill

Reaction score
Stephen Jones has already publicly stated that it's not being considered. That tells the tale.

Yeah it has to come from Jerry... Stephen is overstepping his authority lol...

But, I don't see it happening... I would be really interested in seeing it happen, to just see the result. But, I can't imagine they doing it.

zerofill

Reaction score
Tom Brady showed signs of age last year. He wasn't very accurate, his arm looked weaker than it has, he completed a just barely over 60% of his passes and a QB rating of 88 and a QBR of 53.

This isn't an endorsement of Dak. It's simply a reality that Brady likely isn't the Brady of 4 years ago.

I am pretty sure he is still better than Dak and a large number of current QBs. But, 43...

There have been plenty of QBs that played up to and past that... But, were any of them starters?

I dunno... a lot of athletes have been going longer than ever before though. With all the crazy stuff out there for athletes.

I mean you see guys in MMA at 45 knocking people out 20 years younger, and also keeping up with them. So
who knows... especially with the way that guys eats, etc lol....

I just don't think we will find out in Dallas.

75boyz

Reaction score
Brady is now the football equivalent of Muhammad Ali, who was the the GOAT in boxing, but continued to box long after he should have retired. Tom Brady is the GOAT at QB but he’s gone from being “the greatest” to just being “the oldest”. Bringing TB to Dallas is a really, really bad idea. He’s almost 43 for gawds sake. His arm is a noodle and he’s just a shadow of what he once was. Avoid!

Rarely disagree with ya but I do this time. Count me in the shared opinion group of Vtwin, BrassCowboy and especially Catch17's analysis of Brady's game. Im just not seeing the one hoppers that Brady is supposedly throwing as if he's turned into that last year version of Manning.
Bring him onboard for a 2 year deal I say.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Rarely disagree with ya but I do this time. Count me in the shared opinion group of Vtwin, BrassCowboy and especially Catch17's analysis of Brady's game. Im just not seeing the one hoppers that Brady is supposedly throwing as if he's turned into that last year version of Manning.
Bring him onboard for a 2 year deal I say.
I agree that Brady's arm hasn't turned into a wet noodle the way some suggest, but I also don't think he would necessarily improve the cowboys significantly, and at best would only be a short term player (1-2 years). Accordingly, I don't favor signing him.

I still think it's highly unlikely he will actually sign with a team other than NE anyway.

75boyz

Reaction score
I agree that Brady's arm hasn't turned into a wet noodle the way some suggest, but I also don't think he would necessarily improve the cowboys significantly, and at best would only be a short term player (1-2 years). Accordingly, I don't favor signing him.

I still think it's highly unlikely he will actually sign with a team other than NE anyway.

Oh yeah, totally agree. I'm just in the mode of exploring all other options than current starting QB. I much rather prefer a QB drafted in the first round however that could be accomplished but Im open to exploring all available options other than keeping the current starter.

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
Yeah I have no doubt who would win in training camp if it was a competition between the two (Dak / Brady).

Problem is, being 43 at the start of the season... I mean... man... that is going to be one short contract.
I mean it could be magic, but it won't be a long run.

Can say one thing... Brady holds people accountable... If you don't want to win, he has a problem with you.
Yeah, he would be a great stop Gap only if you grab a qb high in the draft.
See I like Dak, but right now I need to see more from him quick for such a big contract that is going to the our hands for years to come. Unfortunately we don't have time, it is either tie hands or move on.
With the above solution, we wouldn't have to tie our hands we be able to both compete next year and have the future on our team

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
No, at worst he's like Manning in his last year. Oft-injured and no arm strength left. Yeah, Denver still won the Super Bowl but our defense isn't on that level. Also, people like to call Belichick the greatest coach ever (despite being caught cheating multiple times). Is Brady just a product of that?

I get what you mean but.. Manning won a Superbowl in his last year lol.

75boyz

Reaction score
Brady...rivers....Stafford....Winston...Bridgewater....Kapernick....Manziel....Newton....Keemun....
Did we miss any washed up, chronic underachiever, or otherwise bad but possibly available QBs....?
Mods can we merge all these posts into one super thread labeled...”fantasies and bad ideas about our QB situation”?

Or maybe an all inclusive "Jerry's Worst Contracts" post...
Ratliff, Spencer franchisingx2, Carr, Crawford, Jaylon, DLaw, Zeke and drumroll...(all time worst...?)

Rayne Dakota Prescott, ding ding ding

Last edited:

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Oh yeah, totally agree. I'm just in the mode of exploring all other options than current starting QB. I much rather prefer a QB drafted in the first round however that could be accomplished but Im open to exploring all available options other than keeping the current starter.
If I could get Burrow I would happily take that, but with the 17th pick I think the odds of improving on Dak are pretty slim, and in fact, the odds would be greater of hurting the team.