Murray to retire. Open to ESPN job

Old'Boyfan

Reaction score
I've wondered how things would have turned out had we not signed Dez to his contract & instead signed Murray. Not saying it necessarily would have made any great difference in playoff appearances, just curious.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
To me he is Alvin Harper 2.0. Had become a star in Dallas and thought the money and grass would be greener somewhere else. Left and quickly became an afterthought and soon washed out of the league. Had both stayed, they would have had longer and better careers and made more money. Murray might still be starting RB in Dallas who likely would not have drafted Zeke. He let the eagles ruin him when he had th best rb gig in the league going.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
To me he is Alvin Harper 2.0. Had become a star in Dallas and thought the money and grass would be greener somewhere else. Left and quickly became an afterthought and soon washed out of the league. Had both stayed, they would have had longer and better careers and made more money. Murray might still be starting RB in Dallas who likely would not have drafted Zeke. He let the eagles ruin him when he had th best rb gig in the league going.

A lot of truth there.

I do think those 400+ touches he had in '14 took a lot of steam out of his sales.

History has shown that many backs fall off in production after going through a season like that.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
A lot of truth there.

I do think those 400+ touches he had in '14 took a lot of steam out of his sales.

History has shown that many backs fall off in production after going through a season like that.

Had they resigned him, I’m sure they would have drafted someone in the middle rounds and lessened his workload so as to prolong his career. With the OL in Dallas and a complementary RB shouldering part of the load, he could certainly still be a centerpiece of their offense. Granted, he would be nearing the end of his second contract but he probably would have made more money in Dallas than he did since he left and now being out of the league.

plasticman

Reaction score
Where is @plasticman

Here's 1 reason not to sign Murray :lmao:
I forgive him,and I forgive all who are now ridiculing me.

.......Because, that's the kind of guy I am. Sure, it would be easy to force someone to eat crow just because of a tiny, very rare misjudgement.However, I'm bigger than that. Hopefully, I will provide an example for others to follow.

............:oops:

glimmerman

Reaction score

.......Because, that's the kind of guy I am. Sure, it would be easy to force someone to eat crow just because of a tiny, very rare misjudgement.However, I'm bigger than that. Hopefully, I will provide an example for others to follow.

The organization could have handled the murray situation better.

visionary

Reaction score

Murray was just another "error of judgement " in a long line buddy
You also think Jerry is a good GM and Garrett is a good HC
Those are monumental errors of judgement

Galian Beast

Reaction score
He derailed his career going to teams where he didn't have a great fit.

He could have survived a down year or two in Dallas.

plasticman

Reaction score
Murray was just another "error of judgement " in a long line buddy
You also think Jerry is a good GM and Garrett is a good HC
Those are monumental errors of judgement
Whoa!

I think Jerry is a good GM? Anyone familiar with my posts will enjoy that accusation.No, I don't think he is a good GM.Occasionally he does something worthy as an owner but it will never be good enough.

Yes,I like Garrett and I still think all but the obsessive will eventually come to like him after the Super Bowls.

None of us have access to Murray's health records and present physical status. Perhaps some knew of his option to retire and become an analyst,I didn't have that information either.Still, if he had no real medical issues I would still have been in favor of convincing him to play for the Cowboys.

Retirement doesn't automatically imply that he had nothing left, Roger Staubach retired after a season in which he was the #1 rated passer in the league and Barry Sanders retired at age 30 after just rushing for 9 yards shy of 1500.

ghst187

Reaction score
Hope he doesn’t “fumble” his words in the clutch like he did the ball...

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Single Season rushing record on the Dallas Cowboys is an amazing accomplishment considering all the great alltime RB's that have worn the star . One of my favorite draft picks ever. Came in with class and left with class.

Lutonio

Reaction score
well-never-forget-you-demarcus-murphy.jpg

In good fun and in honor of the player, here is my favorite gag from when he left for the Eagles.

ESisback

Reaction score
I like the wording in the title, “open to an ESPN job”! Really? Open! How nice! Everyone I know would turn down a high paying TV gig! That Demarco! So humble!

J_Allen

Reaction score
Good for Murray.

And boo to the haters who can't get over him signing with the Eagles (who put him in a position to go out on his own terms)

I never liked the fact that he was injured every year except for his contract year.

He's a good guy though, and I wish him the best.